Karma for Sparta

Alterego

607 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sparta have managed to sneak around the world on the coat tails of others getting in on beat downs, dropping allies when its convenient and extorting massive amounts of reps year after year. Will they ever get the beatdown they deserve?

Edited by Alterego

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows? They don't necessarily do anything to piss off the world, but they have allies enough to be in the wars. Their enemies don't consider them enough of a threat to care, and their allies are just happy to have them there.

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 09:33 AM' timestamp='1267367847' post='2208250']
Sparta have managed to sneak around the world on the coat tails of others getting in on beat downs, dropping allies when its convenient and extorting massive amounts of reps year after year. Will they ever get the beatdown they deserve?
[/quote]
thats an unhealthy obsession, you should look into that

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='28 February 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1267368998' post='2208274']
If you think sparta is so bad, why don't you do something about it instead of whining on the forums?

You should know might makes right, and sparta has been right a lot. :awesome:
[/quote]
If you are sick of me whining on the forum "why don't you do something about it instead of whining on the forums?"

Much like in the Karma War where suddenly some alliances needed to pay reps for complicity in past actions the same might happen to Sparta. I don't think anyone will bother going out of their way though, it would likely be Sparta choosing to enter a war and an alliance wronged by them before taking advantage of it.

The poll is fail.
We get it, you don't like sparta, now go and do something productive instead of whine here.

[quote name='Alterego' date='28 February 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1267369285' post='2208283']
If you are sick of me whining on the forum "why don't you do something about it instead of whining on the forums?"
[/quote]

Also, we get it tough guy. You are awesome. I am not allowed to declare wars on anyone unless it is an alliance I am at war with, and I doubt other alliances allow their members to randomly raid you since you are in an alliance.

Edited by leprecon

[quote name='Tobistus' date='28 February 2010 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1267367980' post='2208254']Their enemies don't consider them enough of a threat to care, and their allies are just happy to have them there.[/quote][quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='28 February 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1267368877' post='2208273']Sparta is not and never will be a threat to anyone. So I would say they never get beat down and just kind of fade out like GGA.[/quote]Betting on these gents.

Sparta is not an alliance that leads they just follow. The have a complete lack of loyalty to anyone except themselves. So far this has allowed them to slip from side to side. In the grand scheme of things people think of them as irrelevant so they don't get much attention. They have however bean collecting a large group of enemies. Their allies are also aware that they have little value as a military ally and are not well liked or trusted. So I can see Sparta burning within the year if they don't collapse from inactivity and poor leadership first.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='28 February 2010 - 10:03 AM' timestamp='1267373195' post='2208355']
Well, you can't really think they'd fade out because I imagine the "300" theme would still be strong.
[/quote]It's a terrible theme, completely contrary to the character of their alliance. Not once have they been outnumbered. I never thought there'd be an alliance based on a meme lasting so long.

in b4 "mushroom kingdom is a meme".

It could be a while, if Sparta sees the winds blowing another direction, they'll happily ditch their current allies to get on the winning side. They'll only get a beatdown if they're caught by surprise, without lead time to flip-flop. I can still see it happening in a year or so, otherwise they'll go the way of GGA and die a slow death.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='28 February 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1267373095' post='2208354']
Sparta is not an alliance that leads they just follow. The have a complete lack of loyalty to anyone except themselves. So far this has allowed them to slip from side to side. In the grand scheme of things people think of them as irrelevant so they don't get much attention. They have however bean collecting a large group of enemies. Their allies are also aware that they have little value as a military ally and are not well liked or trusted. So I can see Sparta burning within the year [color="#FF0000"]if they don't collapse from inactivity and poor leadership first.[/color]
[/quote]

You think so? I would like to think you are joking here, but I don't think you are. Yawns...

Sparta is one alliance...and nowhere near as hated or powerful as NPO was...and unless they get that way (which they won't) I cannot see them being destroyed in a great curbstomp...and I'm pretty sure that Sparta has an active Gov and a nice core group of members but I cannot vouch for activity as whole considering I've never been ot their forums and examined activity

Edited by Matthew The Great

[quote name='Thomas Jackson' date='28 February 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1267377709' post='2208461']
If their leadership is stupid and incompetent, then how are they too sneaky to avoid the beatdowns and "get what they deserve?" You can't have your cake and eat it too.
[/quote]
That option is referring to Sparta's tendency to seek out and buddy up to the side in power. If there is enough lead time for them to realize a beat down is coming their way, they'll switch sides so fast your head will spin.