Unimportant Announcement

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I find this reminiscent of certain older "evil" alliances, whose "evil" practices were supposedly stamped out in that last big war we had. Guess you were just clearing them out so you could be just as "evil" without the competition huh :rolleyes:

And 40k tech? Really sparta? Legion can barely pay that after the beating they took from you and your attack dogs, these "reparations" just serve to cripple them, out of sheer maliciousness. And why? Because they didn't agree to white peace when they had the chance? So you increase the reps from 0 to 40000 tech just like that?

Looks like we'll be needing another Karma war pretty soon to wipe out these new "evil" people ;)

Until then Sparta...

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='21 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1266811045' post='2196040']
They arguably entered offensively in support of IRON, arguably because you could e-lawyer it all night.

The fact remains that white peace was given if they left when we offered it. The same people such as yourselves cheered for them remaining but didn't realize the repercussions would be reparations to be paid if they left the conflict. We made it clear to them and they understood. When the entire thing was over we did not take reps which were back breaking and set plenty of time for it to be done so they can rebuild.

You can disagree, but at least do it with the knowledge now that everyone understood what was at stake for their actions and these reps could have been avoided had Legion desired.
[/quote]

Yes. It has been established that because someone didn't abandon their allies on the battlefield when you told them to, you feel it necessary to kick them while they're down. Now that IRON has asked some of their allies to peace out, Legion felt it would be ok to take peace. Rather than act with honor and gracious winners, you chose to act like opportunistic vultures. Congratulations, Sparta. I hope 40,000 tech is worth the huge hit to your reputation. It sure as heck would never be worth it to me.

Edited by pezstar

I know absolutely nothing about the situation: how much damage each side took, what this supposed "!@#$%^&*" Legion pulled, the previous terms offered, etc. Anyone care to explain exactly why the reps were needed?

Congrats on peace though. I know one side at least won't have trouble rebuilding.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='21 February 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1266811199' post='2196057']
I've gotten a lot of questions if that offer extends to everyone. It does. Anyone is free to inquire about what we've had to deal with this whole war.
[/quote]
Whoever PMs him, keep in mind to treat his words with a pinch of salt.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 February 2010 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1266811386' post='2196073']
[/quote]

DON'T BELIEVE HIM HE'S LYING.

If I were to PM a member of legion govt, would they be willing to divulge information also?

as a Spartan general member i am both happy with the terms and the crying from the nations who always supply the tears. (i love the attention, your hatred reminds me that were doin it right)

from my understanding, we did offer white peace, when that was declined we offered another set of terms that they accepted.

2 legion members stood out to me in battle as very worthy opponents and possible future friends.
id like to thank you 2 for a good war and wish you a swift recovery.

LOL @ Heft taking a Q shot!

[quote name='Matthew The Great' date='21 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1266811067' post='2196043']
you didn't beat us badly like you make it sound....

and we really aren't whining nor do we not like you....it's just we were at war with you and you and your allies outnumbered us pretty badly

WE feel no animosity to Sparta for the reps...we knew we were going to get them eventually
[/quote]

He's not referring to Legion if that's how you took it. I don't see anyone from Legion whining whatsoever in this thread.

[quote name='logan1' date='21 February 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1266811472' post='2196078']
as a Spartan general member i am both happy with the terms and the crying from the nations who always supply the tears. (i love the attention, your hatred reminds me that were doin it right)
[/quote]
The only ones "doin it rite" is the ones who did not ask for reps. The rest are taking severe PR hits. Ones that they don't need. At all.

Judging by the fact that white peace (or at least, peace without reparations) was offered earlier, it is clear that the reparations here are not about compensating Sparta for its losses - Sparta almost certainly took more damage from Legion leading up to that point than it has since. So the only conclusion left is that Sparta is punishing Legion for staying in the war, a war they only entered out of loyalty to their allies. It is disheartening then to see that Sparta finds loyalty to one's allies something worthy of punishment. For shame.

[quote name='pezstar' date='21 February 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1266811348' post='2196068']
Congratulations, Sparta. I hope 40,000 tech is worth the huge hit to your reputation. It sure as heck would never be worth it to me.
[/quote]
And that's when Sparta realized that for all their calculations and methodical planning, their worst fears were realized.

Relations with STA...had [i]suffered[/i]

[quote name='Moridin' date='21 February 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1266811704' post='2196090']
It is disheartening then to see that Sparta finds [b]loyalty to one's allies something [/b]worthy of punishment.
[/quote]

Are you surprised? It's not like they know much about it.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 February 2010 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1266811386' post='2196073']
[/quote]
If you're referring to your little part in all the nonsense that night, I don't know how there's a gray area for you calling me a "!@#$@#$ moron" after I helped you not get a warn for ignoring [ooc]forum rules[/ooc]. I helped you, you started trashing me, and that wasn't even close the worst thing you all said (Which I [i]STILL[/i] have not received an apology for) Did you expect us to just turn the other cheek?

for reference:

Edited by Manwe
Next time you post logs, think about removing the part where you complain about forum rules.

The Legion would like to apologize for the treatment of Sparta in certain instances. These reps reflect that regret. Scold the other alliances asking for reps if you like, but Sparta had every right to demand reparations.

Edited by Lincongrad

[quote name='pezstar' date='21 February 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1266811348' post='2196068']
Yes. It has been established that because someone didn't abandon their allies on the battlefield when you told them to, you feel it necessary to kick them while they're down. Now that IRON has asked some of their allies to peace out, Legion felt it would be ok to take peace. Rather than act with honor and gracious winners, you chose to act like opportunistic vultures. Congratulations, Sparta. I hope 40,000 tech is worth the huge hit to your reputation. It sure as heck would never be worth it to me.
[/quote]

I find myself agreeing with pezstar again...I'll not comment further, save to say when members of STA and Valhalla agree on anything involving politics, it bears paying attention.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1266811869' post='2196095']
I would hope that this payment of 40,000 tech would teach the leaders of Legion not to support their allies for such an extended period of time in a losing war.
[/quote]

Here that legion? Throw your allies under the bus immediately next war. Save your infra. :rolleyes:

Good luck rebuilding, Legion.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[/quote]

We did not take 40k tech. We took half of that. Honestly, I very much doubt you would be so vocal had you not have a personal connection to one of the alliances attached to this announcement. That's fine, most people still hold a fondness for their former alliance. Perhaps you would be so outraged had it been an alliance completely unrelated to you. Either way, I'd appreciate you get your facts right next time.

To address some others in here, I personally don't mind taking absorbing hard feelings from you if it's for our allies but I do find it amusing that we are usually the only target, no matter the situation, when our name is in an announcement (sort of like if no one else was involved).

I'm not going to read through all the BS. This is not a good peace.

Reps are horrible. Sparta, this is a horrible show on your part. Both alliances were wrong in their previous communications.

To see this and only out of spite is horrible. Real poor show Sparta.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1266811869' post='2196095']
I would hope that this payment of 40,000 tech would teach the leaders of Legion not to support their allies for such an extended period of time in a losing war.
[/quote]

Less to do with support and more to do with general idiocy and shenanigans from Legion me thinks.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='21 February 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1266811958' post='2196101']
If you're referring to your little part in all the nonsense that night, I don't know how there's a gray area for you calling me a "!@#$@#$ moron" after I helped you not get a warn for ignoring [ooc]forum rules[/ooc]. I helped you, you started trashing me, and that wasn't even close the worst thing you all said (Which I [i]STILL[/i] have not received an apology for) Did you expect us to just turn the other cheek?

for reference:
[/quote]

So... because an alliance you're at war with talked smack to you during the war, you decided to give them ridiculous reps? Well, at least we all know the price of Sparta's dignity is 40,000 tech.