Unimportant Announcement

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Libera' date='21 February 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1266814021' post='2196259']
Legion was offered white peace how many times during this war by Sparta? How many times did they turn it down?
[/quote]

Would you have accepted them if you were in their position?

[quote]
I didn't realize that during war it was the responsibility of the non-aggressive alliance to bend over and kiss the @&% of the aggressor alliance.
[/quote]

Of course it's not. However, Legion and Sparta were on the same boat; they were both respecting their treaties. Unless Sparta would be happy to be fined for helping their allies, I don't see the necessity of making Legion pay reps.

[quote name='logan1' date='21 February 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1266814181' post='2196267']

you have absolutely NO room to say anything regarding to reps, viceroys, disbanding or perceived world dominance.

[/quote]

Why shouldn't he?

Edited by kulomascovia

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1266814044' post='2196261']
I knew all the reps we took from Mk in WoTC war were justified, I mean 82k tech for 3 mil ns damage. They should feel lucky we were so forgiving :smug:
[/quote]
Thank you for proving that you don't understand the concept of reparations. <_<

[quote name='Proko' date='21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266813895' post='2196254']
Out of curiosity, why give Legion peace at all? If you felt so wronged by their behaviors, why punish them through peace instead of maintaining war?
[/quote]

They came to us asking for terms and we presented what we felt was fair as a culmination of everything. It was still their choice in the end, of course.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1266814044' post='2196261']
I knew all the reps we took from Mk in WoTC war were justified, I mean 82k tech for 3 mil ns damage. They should feel lucky we were so forgiving :smug:
[/quote]
The forced wonder destruction was pretty awesome as well.

[quote name='logan1' date='22 February 2010 - 04:49 AM' timestamp='1266814181' post='2196267']
Sparta is nothing like NPO.

there i said it.
now take your baiting and be gone.

you have absolutely NO room to say anything regarding to reps, viceroys, disbanding or perceived world dominance.

good day sir
[/quote]

Indeed,Sparta is one of the original Q alliances that has'nt paid for its "sins" during its time in Q.

[quote]The forced wonder destruction was pretty awesome as well[/quote]

3mil ns!!!. So much damage D:

Edited by silentkiller

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='21 February 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1266814217' post='2196270']
Excuse me? That was beyond uncalled for.
[/quote]

I guess you don't need a hug then. I guess the pain you experienced from Legion's insults has been cured by the incoming 20,000 tech.

[quote name='pezstar' date='22 February 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1266814083' post='2196262']
No thank you. Ask Hyperion, though. Someone insulted his mother, and he is VERY UPSET about that. He could probably use a hug and a tissue.
[/quote]

It's an OOC attack, and therefore completely unjustifiable, and while I'm REALLY not a fan of Sparta, I'd say that isn't helping your argument at all.

[quote name='Proko' date='21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266813895' post='2196254']
Out of curiosity, why give Legion peace at all? If you felt so wronged by their behaviors, why punish them through peace instead of maintaining war?
[/quote]

because we are not like the NpO and never were.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='22 February 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1266814044' post='2196261']
[/quote]

Yeh close to 100% of MKs tech is totally comparable to 10% of their tech. What's it with those zeros today?

So I talked to Hyperion on IRC, saw a little bit of logs, and all I came away from it is:

1) Legion's members talked !@#$ about Sparta on Legion's public channel.

That's it. Big whoop, I see MK members pulling that kinda of crap all day, but we all understand the line between membership and gov. If I were Sparta, I would pissed off, demand an apology and carry it no further than that.

I am unaware of any other incidents that happened besides the miscommunication bits, which is nothing more than miscommunication. It happens to anyone from time to time, get over it.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1266814261' post='2196272']
Would you have accepted them if you were in their position? [/quote] I don't mind paying for damages I cause, especially if I lose an aggressive assault.
[quote]Of course it's not. However, Legion and Sparta were on the same boat; they were both respecting their treaties. Unless Sparta would be happy to be fined for helping their allies, I don't see the necessity of making Legion pay reps.
[/quote]
When Sparta activated Mutual Defense with Athens and FoB - Legion can not activate a Mutual Defense to hit us. They would have to activate their Optional Aggression.

Yes, it's respecting a treaty, but it's not the same thing.

[quote name='Proko' date='21 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266813895' post='2196254']
[/quote]

Legion approached us asking for terms, we gave them our offer, and they took it. They obviously felt the reparations were more valuable to their well-being then remaining in a state of war.

They didn't have to accept the terms. I was under the assumption the legion was going to stay at war until everyone got white peace. Apparently, they reneged on that.

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='22 February 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1266814272' post='2196273']
Thank you for proving that you don't understand the concept of reparations. <_<
[/quote]

[quote name='Leigon' date='22 February 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1266814390' post='2196285']
Yeh close to 100% of MKs tech is totally comparable to 10% of their tech. What's it with those zeros today?
[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81382&view=findpost&p=2196253

At least read the post I am replying to....

Ofcourse I wasnt serious.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='21 February 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1266814405' post='2196286']
So I talked to Hyperion on IRC, saw a little bit of logs, and all I came away from it is:

That's it. Big whoop, I see MK members pulling that kinda of crap all day, but we all understand the line between membership and gov. If I were Sparta, I would pissed off, demand an apology and carry it no further than that.

I am unaware of any other incidents that happened besides the miscommunication bits, which is nothing more than miscommunication. It happens to anyone from time to time, get over it.
[/quote]
So what you're saying is that Sparta asked for an amount of reps based on Legion's conduct during negotiations and the fact that legion decided to stay in war some 4 days after being offered white peace.

Where the [i]hell[/i] do they get off?

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='21 February 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1266814405' post='2196286']

[/quote]

Actually it was more of the OOC bombardment Hyp got hit with. I assure you if it had just been a little IC smack talk things would be different.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266813899' post='2196255']
Ok, explain to us why you guys needed reps. You feel that you are misunderstood. Well, here is your chance to show a large number of people how you really felt.
[/quote]

When the first peace talks began Asgaard was at its height in wars, but we felt no remorse in offering white peace because it was a short time into the fight, easy to rebuild the damages and it was only cosmetic. We don't enjoy taking reps, and especially were not going to take anything that was hard for them to maintain, we accommodated their requested time frame to pay because we're not evil.

However, when the white peace was so rudely rejected (rude in the sense everyone had a pissing contest over it) we had made it clear that Legion would not have the chance to leave without paying something the second time around, be it 4 days later or 50. The difference in the reps amount would have been negligible from Asgaard based on the time frame.

When the white peace was "rejected" many of us were devoiced in their channel, proceeded by things like "Idiots can't speak" and many tauntings continued, which we had no ability to reply to. We had some enjoyable conversations with their membership up until some of their gov decided it would be in their favor to act like hooligans over a miscommunication (one which they ironically committed no less than 12 hours prior) I made it clear that it was largely my fault, but that did not change the way many of them acted towards us.

Combine the way they treated us, with the fact that during peace talks many times they said "We'd be fine with paying reps to Asgaard, just not Sparta" and other things such as the fact we were solely declared on by their ally while being heavily engaged with Legion, Asgaard decided that the damages we took remaining in the war past our offer of white peace, coupled with telling them reparations would be paid if they did not accept the white peace, combined with the miscommunication which they acted like jerks over even after I clearly owned up to my mistake in that matter, it became clear that taking something small such as 10,000 technology from an alliance able to easily pay that while in the process of rebuilding (60 days to pay... they could do 3mil for 50 tech deals internally and rebuild while paying...) summed up to this result.

So, if you have an issue with how we came to this result, you can talk to me in private. I will not be arguing this opinion over here, it is something you can take up with me in a civilized manner. I find the way people treat good people here pathetic. And if you know anything at all about me, you know I take no sides in politics and that I am friends with anyone who I feel is of good character, because it is the person that matters in the end and these Spartan people are some of the best friends Asgaard could ask for which is why we activated our defense portion of an optional treaty to enter in on their behalf.

[quote name='FreddieMercury' date='22 February 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1266814405' post='2196286']
[/quote]

And to think we might not even be in this global the war if certain people thought like this.