Unimportant Announcement

[quote name='Heft' date='22 February 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1266818585' post='2196589']
Reparations have nothing to do with recouping costs. We generally don't punish honorable actions. Legion were also fighting defensively. My slots aren't as loose as yours. (slut)
[/quote]
Lol, that made me laugh; and to think at the current moment it wasn't possible.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bilrow' date='22 February 2010 - 06:04 AM' timestamp='1266818642' post='2196590']
Good luck on getting peace, Legion.

[me]Bilrow[/me] wipes a tear from his eye.

Sparta is all grown up and making me proud. It makes me heart beat with pride to see you doing hegemonic things. They grow up so quickly.
[/quote]

Still looking for that tissue?

[ooc]Slowest double post ever[/occ]

Edited by Libera

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='21 February 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1266818671' post='2196595']
I am not aware that I am starting anything. I just said that the losses to the Legion if they don't surrender will be more than the reps. It is a straight fact.
[/quote]

Much better. I just don't particularly want any comparing of military prowess (e-peens) in this thread, as that didn't end well for any alliance involved when in happened earlier.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='21 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266814696' post='2196302']
When the first peace talks began Asgaard was at its height in wars, but we felt no remorse in offering white peace because it was a short time into the fight, easy to rebuild the damages and it was only cosmetic. We don't enjoy taking reps, and especially were not going to take anything that was hard for them to maintain, we accommodated their requested time frame to pay because we're not evil.

However, when the white peace was so rudely rejected (rude in the sense everyone had a pissing contest over it) we had made it clear that Legion would not have the chance to leave without paying something the second time around, be it 4 days later or 50. The difference in the reps amount would have been negligible from Asgaard based on the time frame.
[/quote]

The rejection arose from a misunderstanding. Are you punishing them for the misunderstanding?

[quote]
When the white peace was "rejected" many of us were devoiced in their channel, proceeded by things like "Idiots can't speak" and many tauntings continued, which we had no ability to reply to. We had some enjoyable conversations with their membership up until some of their gov decided it would be in their favor to act like hooligans over a miscommunication (one which they ironically committed no less than 12 hours prior) I made it clear that it was largely my fault, but that did not change the way many of them acted towards us.
[/quote]

Or is it are you trying to punish them because of their words?

[quote]
Combine the way they treated us, with the fact that during peace talks many times they said "We'd be fine with paying reps to Asgaard, just not Sparta" and other things such as the fact we were solely declared on by their ally while being heavily engaged with Legion, Asgaard decided that the damages we took remaining in the war past our offer of white peace, coupled with telling them reparations would be paid if they did not accept the white peace, combined with the miscommunication which they acted like jerks over even after I clearly owned up to my mistake in that matter, it became clear that taking something small such as 10,000 technology from an alliance able to easily pay that while in the process of rebuilding (60 days to pay... they could do 3mil for 50 tech deals internally and rebuild while paying...) summed up to this result.
[/quote]

I dispute the white peace claim. I don't think legion wanted to leave out its allies in the field so early in the war. Do you approve of abandoning one's allies to save some infra?

[quote name='Heft' date='22 February 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1266818585' post='2196589']
Reparations have nothing to do with recouping costs. We generally don't punish honorable actions. Legion were also fighting defensively. My slots aren't as loose as yours. (slut)
[/quote]

[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79903]And here I was thinking that they declared on Sparta.[/url]

[quote name='Libera' date='22 February 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1266818869' post='2196609']
[url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79903]And here I was thinking that they declared on Sparta.[/url]
[/quote]
What he meant was they used the DEFENSE part of their treaty.

[quote name='Libera' date='22 February 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1266818869' post='2196609']
[/quote]
And Sparta declared on IRON. I do hope Sparta is going to pay IRON back for their aggressive actions against them. Absolutely despicable, declaring war on another alliance. In any situation. Regardless of context. Naked aggression! They must pay.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 06:06 AM' timestamp='1266818791' post='2196604']
The rejection arose from a misunderstanding. Are you punishing them for the misunderstanding?

I dispute the white peace claim. I don't think legion wanted to leave out its allies in the field so early in the war. Do you approve of abandoning one's allies to save some infra?
[/quote]

So you want Sparta, Asgaard et al to just let Legion keep hitting their allies at will? There seems to be a misunderstanding or perhaps a double-standard based on how war works. Peace that didn't ensure that Legion was out of it would be abandoning our allies.

[quote name='Libera' date='22 February 2010 - 06:02 AM' timestamp='1266818541' post='2196582']
Forgive me...your whining about how all of Q aside from Sparta "got theirs" and it not being fair makes me post immature responses.

Then again an immature response for an immature post I say :awesome:
[/quote]

It seems the idea of intelligent debate is foreign to you. With that I bid you good day.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1266818791' post='2196604']

[/quote]

The rejection did not arise from a misunderstanding, they rejected peace terms straight up. The way they handled the affairs from the misunderstanding did not help though.

I never said they had to leave, I think people using that claim to make us look bad is pathetic and weak. I approve of people leaving a conflict when they can do nothing more to help their allies, it's called being intelligent. Legion decided this was their time, we told them the cost for leaving past the established date we were willing to suck up any damages taken.

It's all very simple Kulo. If I stayed and had to pay reps for remaining I'd know the results of my actions and have no remorse, which is the way Legion feels now.

Please, find me at #Asgaard if you wish to take this further, arguing here is not anything I'm interested in.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='21 February 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1266819042' post='2196622']
So you want Sparta, Asgaard et al to just let Legion keep hitting their allies at will? There seems to be a misunderstanding or perhaps a double-standard based on how war works. Peace that didn't ensure that Legion was out of it would be abandoning our allies.
[/quote]

What do the reps have to do with that? I don't disagree with the rest of the terms, just the reps.

If I didn't make myself clear: I'm arguing that Legion rejecting the white peace was not an act of belligerence but an act of loyalty towards ones allies. I don't believe they should be fined for that.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='22 February 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1266819222' post='2196635']
What do the reps have to do with that? I don't disagree with the rest of the terms, just the reps.

If I didn't make myself clear: I'm arguing that Legion rejecting the white peace was not an act of belligerence but an act of loyalty towards ones allies. I don't believe they should be fined for that.
[/quote]

Perhaps, perhaps not, wasn't my decision, but The Legion passed on term-less surrender before, knowing full well it would not be offered again. Whining about that now is rather pointless isn't it?

The behavior shown by The Legion and friends in this thread is pretty sad, and reminds me a lot of how IRON treated Fark in the exiting Karma War terms thread. IRON built up a lot of resentment among people for that, and it made people very happy to rip them to pieces in this war. I would hope Legion would be gracious in defeat and let this chapter close so they can rebuild themselves, and not rush so soon into setting themselves up to get thoroughly destroyed the next time by people they piss off here.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='22 February 2010 - 06:18 AM' timestamp='1266819539' post='2196660']
The behavior shown by The Legion and friends in this thread is pretty sad, and reminds me a lot of how IRON treated Fark in the exiting Karma War terms thread. IRON built up a lot of resentment among people for that, and it made people very happy to rip them to pieces in this war. I would hope Legion would be gracious in defeat and let this chapter close so they can rebuild themselves, and not rush so soon into setting themselves up to get thoroughly destroyed the next time by people they piss off here.
[/quote]

The behavior of Sparta and Umbrella has been sadder. Check Hyperion's last post for proof.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 February 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1266819458' post='2196652']
Perhaps, perhaps not, wasn't my decision, but The Legion passed on term-less surrender before, knowing full well it would not be offered again. Whining about that now is rather pointless isn't it?
[/quote]
Personally, I'd do that again, rather than bailing on my allies. Then again, that's just me.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 February 2010 - 12:17 AM' timestamp='1266819458' post='2196652']
[/quote]
I can't wait to use this one in my next war. The second an alliance declares on me in defense of an ally I'll give them a white peace offer with the notice that future terms will be wonder decommission and $500 billion reps.

But it's okay, because I offered them white peace on Day 1 and they rejected it?

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='22 February 2010 - 01:20 AM' timestamp='1266819641' post='2196668']
The behavior of Sparta and Umbrella has been sadder. Check Hyperion's last post for proof.
[/quote]
Well I can see how you'd feel that way what with all of the reps we asked for

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='22 February 2010 - 06:20 AM' timestamp='1266819644' post='2196669']
Personally, I'd do that again, rather than bailing on my allies. Then again, that's just me.
[/quote]

Where did my post say anything about the ethical nature of your actions?

If it weren't for the name-calling and nonsense occurring on both sides the choice to continue fighting is one I support and is honorable. I am just saying that moaning about the decision now is pointless, the decision was made and now there are different terms that have been accepted. We have peace, whatever decisions either side made have been made.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='22 February 2010 - 06:21 AM' timestamp='1266819682' post='2196671']
I can't wait to use this one in my next war. The second an alliance declares on me in defense of an ally I'll give them a white peace offer with the notice that future terms will be wonder decommission and $500 billion reps.

But it's okay, because I offered them white peace on Day 1 and they rejected it?
[/quote]

Go for it.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='22 February 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1266819965' post='2196686']
Where did my post say anything about the ethical nature of your actions?

If it weren't for the name-calling and nonsense occurring on both sides the choice to continue fighting is one I support and is honorable. I am just saying that moaning about the decision now is pointless, the decision was made and now there are different terms that have been accepted. We have peace, whatever decisions either side made have been made.
[/quote]
My post wasn't meant to be an argumentative one. I was just making a post and quoting one that I found relevant to it.

Edit - Grammar.

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='Kortal' date='22 February 2010 - 06:25 AM' timestamp='1266819907' post='2196682']
Well I can see how you'd feel that way what with all of the reps we asked for
[/quote]

I don't care about the reps. I was considering the quality of posts, which was what goldielax was pontificating about. Insults, bad jokes... you'd see why Hyperion would want to end it.