Unimportant Announcement

[quote name='pezstar' date='21 February 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1266813272' post='2196217']
How do you know it wasn't his IC mother? There's nothing in that log that indicates that it's an OOC discussion.

Edit:

Yes. You're right. This was a pretty stupid argument.
[/quote]

pssst.

are you trying to be serious?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' date='21 February 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1266813272' post='2196217']
Yes. You're right. This was a pretty stupid argument.
[/quote]

To be fair it's neither the first nor will it be the last in this thread, so I guess it's in good company? :P

Edit: Ugh.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='22 February 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1266813266' post='2196216']
I challenge you to find a "fair" number of Spartans making accusations at NPO during Karma. For the most part, we were not vocal whatsoever in throwing blame around in terms of the past.

Also, I apologize for not controlling what everyone during that war said. I always thought MK were the puppetmasters?
[/quote]

I'm just felt it was a little hypocritical saying that, is all.

I'll have look for those Spartans, maybe get back to you :P

Be more classy next time Legion. It'll work out better for you. Can't say it was a pleasure fighting you, and this is really the first time I've ever felt that way about an opponent.

I generally despise reps, but when you're a complete dick to an entire alliance for an entire war, and blame a misunderstanding that was primarily your fault and partially a third parties fault entirely on us alone, I have no sympathy for your slap on the wrist reps.

PS - These reps < my warchest before the war.

XOXO

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' date='21 February 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1266813552' post='2196235']
Just because you disagree with them it doesn't make them unjustifiable. Seriously.
[/quote]

It does to me.

[quote]
EZI and light reps are a lot alike. Your point is certainly a valid one.
[/quote]

I'm not comparing reps to EZI. I think you missed my point. I'm saying that the acceptance of a certain practice by individuals does not depend upon its acceptance by a certain group. Thus, Legion may be fine with paying 40,000 tech. I don't have to be.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 February 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1266813510' post='2196233']
I think GTG would be a good example. Although from what I understand he is no longer a Sparta member.
[/quote]

No he is not and from what I remember as a friend of his, he actually was not involved in many conversations about NPO's past sins. The then-current actions of NPO are a different matter, however.

Honestly the most vocal person about NPO's past sins from Sparta was probably myself as I never had anything to do with Q. Anyways, this is a bit off-topic but if you want to continue this conversation feel free to PM me.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='22 February 2010 - 04:41 AM' timestamp='1266813693' post='2196242']
So wait a minute, because a few members of Legion insulted Spartan member(s), Legion had to pay reps to Asgard etc. Does anyone see anything wrong with that? :wacko:
[/quote]

I would call it more of a culmination.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 February 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1266813693' post='2196242']
So wait a minute, because a few members of Legion insulted Spartan member(s), Legion had to pay reps to Asgard etc. Does anyone see anything wrong with that? :wacko:
[/quote]

Indeed, I asked that question earlier but I have received no answer.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1266813328' post='2196222']
Just because they felt fine with it does not make the reps justifiable. I could feel great about being EZIed but would that make EZI right?

Can we get you to reverse your decision if we talked to you privately?
[/quote]

You can try.

I know I won't change people's mind, but you also weren't in our shoes so many of you have no right to claim you know any better. This wasn't anything like some of the fronts I've heard about throughout this war, the poor communication displayed on here is a small glimpse into that.

So please, speak with me in private if you have any issue with anything Asgaard has done in this matter or I have personally done. I find no reason for my allies in Sparta take all this blame that many of you put on them, trying to demonize good people. Many of you try and act like you're so much better than them, but coming onto here and crying wolf is not helping anything but simply blowing hot air around.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='21 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1266813749' post='2196244']
It does to me.

I'm not comparing reps to EZI. I think you missed my point. I'm saying that the acceptance of a certain practice by individuals does not depend upon its acceptance by a certain group. Thus, Legion may be fine with paying 40,000 tech. I don't have to be.
[/quote]
Okay, here's a cookie.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='22 February 2010 - 04:41 AM' timestamp='1266813693' post='2196242']
[/quote]

Rep in long form is call reparation. It is for repair work after destruction. Legion did destroy some stuff over at Asgard, so it is fair that they pay for the stuff they destroyed.

[quote name='Trinite' date='21 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1266813696' post='2196243']
I generally despise reps, but when you're a complete dick to an entire alliance for an entire war, and blame a misunderstanding that was primarily your fault and partially a third parties fault entirely on us alone, I have no sympathy for your slap on the wrist reps.
[/quote]

Out of curiosity, why give Legion peace at all? If you felt so wronged by their behaviors, why punish them through peace instead of maintaining war?

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='21 February 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1266813800' post='2196249']
You can try.

I know I won't change people's mind, but you also weren't in our shoes so many of you have no right to claim you know any better. This wasn't anything like some of the fronts I've heard about throughout this war, the poor communication displayed on here is a small glimpse into that.

So please, speak with me in private if you have any issue with anything Asgaard has done in this matter or I have personally done. I find no reason for my allies in Sparta take all this blame that many of you put on them, trying to demonize good people. Many of you try and act like you're so much better than them, but coming onto here and crying wolf is not helping anything but simply blowing hot air around.
[/quote]

Ok, explain to us why you guys needed reps. You feel that you are misunderstood. Well, here is your chance to show a large number of people how you really felt.

[quote name='pezstar' date='21 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1266813648' post='2196240']
Did you miss the part where I agreed that it was a stupid argument or did you just feel like agreeing with me?
[/quote]

actually i think i was feeling sorry for you.
i still kinda do
you wanna hug or something?

Oh, let's bawwww about this some more.

Legion was offered white peace how many times during this war by Sparta? How many times did they turn it down?

I didn't realize that during war it was the responsibility of the non-aggressive alliance to bend over and kiss the @&% of the aggressor alliance.

[quote name='bb111189' date='22 February 2010 - 04:44 AM' timestamp='1266813886' post='2196253']
Rep in long form is call reparation. It is for repair work after destruction. Legion did destroy some stuff over at Asgard, so it is fair that they pay for the stuff they destroyed.
[/quote]

I knew all the reps we took from Mk in WoTC war were justified, I mean 82k tech for 3 mil ns damage. They should feel lucky we were so forgiving :smug:

[quote name='logan1' date='21 February 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1266813965' post='2196258']
i still kinda do
[/quote]

No thank you. Ask Hyperion, though. Someone insulted his mother, and he is VERY UPSET about that. He could probably use a hug and a tissue.

[quote name='logan1' date='22 February 2010 - 04:46 AM' timestamp='1266813965' post='2196258']
i still kinda do
[/quote]
don't be belligerent. Apologize.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='Proko' date='21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266813895' post='2196254']
Out of curiosity, why give Legion peace at all? If you felt so wronged by their behaviors, why punish them through peace instead of maintaining war?
[/quote]
A grudge isn't worth destroying an alliance. :mellow:

We won't let insults go unnoticed, but we aren't so vein or sensitive to beat the blithering !@#$ out of Legion because we felt wronged.

This is a reasonable resolution, as I see it.

[quote name='Proko' date='21 February 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1266813895' post='2196254']
[/quote]
y so x-treme?

[quote name='silentkiller' date='21 February 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1266813693' post='2196242']
[/quote]

Sparta is nothing like NPO.

there i said it.
now take your baiting and be gone.

you have absolutely NO room to say anything regarding to reps, viceroys, disbanding or perceived world dominance.

good day sir

[quote name='pezstar' date='22 February 2010 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1266814083' post='2196262']
No thank you. Ask Hyperion, though. Someone insulted his mother, and he is VERY UPSET about that. He could probably use a hug and a tissue.
[/quote]
Excuse me? That was beyond uncalled for.