Imperial Decree - New Polar

rainbowbrrd3.png

Imperial Decree

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

There seems to be some confusion from the general population about the reasons the New Polar Order chose to declare war on \m/ and also about the surrender terms offered.

I have honestly reviewed the mass of posts and threads on this forum and yet I am struggling to find a scintilla of truth in most of what has been postured. Polaris is not engaging in a holy crusade to bring enlightenment to the masses, our request to \m/ was an is very simple as I have always said it is.

I have no interest, direct or otherwise, in changing the conventions of tech raiding on Bob. I accepted that alliances tech raid a long long time ago, as is their prerogative. It is clear however that there is a clearly established protocol for said tech raiding, such protocol being reflected in most alliances own charter or in their guidelines for raiding. There is a good reason why these conventions were established and tacitly and/or overtly agreed to by the community, they limit the exposure of truly aligned nations from a defacto war without a CB. The concept of alliances being a safe haven for nations is vital to the fabric of this planet. If an alliance wishes to declare war on another, they should rightly declare war, citing their reasons, and have at it. Their reasons will be examined by the court of public opinion and they will either have support, have some support or be hung out to dry.

And so to the matters at hand. Polaris observes the actions of others, as a member of the community, as is our right and our obligation. Like every alliance we have the right to question the actions of others, just as our actions in recent times have been questioned. This is not a function of moral or world police, but rather as a member of the community, concerned for the greater good of the said community. The freedom of nations to do as they will is firmly countered by the notion that someone can and will oppose you if they so choose.

Polaris has, rightly in my opinion, involved herself in the affairs of the world. We are a large alliance, committed to certain core values such as a sense of fair play and ethical behavior. It is our obligation to question the actions of others, and so we have. Some people respond to the questions at hand politely and in the spirit of recognizing there is a wider community. Other choose not to, citing their freedoms and their rights, but forgetting there is an accountability to the community whether it is acknowledged or not.

It is very easy to decry our actions as an attempt to import some false moral code to Bob, but in fact that is incredibly disingenuous. The code is established, not by us, but by the community and it has been as such for a long time. We have sought only to remind of its existence. Are we at times terse in our manner, possibly, but on the whole, we have not made a demand of any alliance involved today that falls outside the already established code.

\m/ was asked for two things to prevent this war. I have simplified it to one point, one demand and that demand has been rejected. I have given \m/ the opportunity to make the demand public, rather than me making yet another wall of apparently self righteous nonsense, but alas they do not want to make the simplicity of the arrangement public.

In order for this matter to be resolved, \m/ will publicly acknowledge that there is a recognized convention for tech raiding on Bob and agree to hold themselves to that standard. This of course should not be an issue for them, it is self contained within their own charter, a previously recognized convention enshrined in their own paperwork.

So nations of Bob, who is the moralist here? If the community has a standard, if the alliance in question has a standard and then that standard is broken, surely there is an obligation for the community to say something? Polaris is a part of the community is it not? Are you not?

The notion of community responsibility transcends that of alliance politics and alliance alliances, it is a simple matter for the community to enforce its own standards on those who seek to ignore them or change them.

So \m/, the matter is firmly in your court. I have said there are no other demands, is publicly recognizing your own charter and agreeing to hold yourselves to it really so onerous that you would be prepared to drag the entire world to destruction, let alone yourselves? I can speak only for myself, but I think our community and her standards is worth fighting for and so I have committed myself to said actions.

In fairness to \m/, they have made an interesting counter-offer. I am more than prepared to assist you in those endeavors but first we must establish that you will follow your own rules and those that exist already before we embark on attempting to set new conventions for the world to follow. I have pledged my support if you wish to host or wish us to host a convention on reviewing tech raiding practices, but that is a matter for resolution after this matter has been resolved.

I have no doubt you have the capacity to end this today if you wish, just as I am ready to accept your surrender in those terms at any time and have been since the war began.

PC has no terms for surrender other than acknowledging exactly the same thing. I respect your decision to assist your allies, ones I note you assisted with the breach of convention that brought us here. To date your conduct and attitudes have been by and large commendable and so I would seek to keep this matter as friendly as possible.

Do not hesitate to believe that we believe in what we believe and do not hesitate to believe we are prepared to fight to the death for it, I believe that our beliefs are worth fighting for.. so what do you believe?

o/ Polaris

*logs of the actual offer are no doubt available from your allies. The-Chief is a fair minded and sensible man and I have no issue with the logs being provided for anyone who asks for them. I will not however be providing said logs to anyone other than the immediately interested parties.

I'm not sure why \m/ wouldn't have just agreed to those terms in the first place.

Maybe because they don't want to have what they can or cannot do dictated by NpO? There are things more important than infra, ya'know.

You're asking them to surrender and give over their sovereignty wholesale by aligning their techraiding policies to "community standards" which is high-horse speak for "public opinion."

I'd cuss you out, too.

Edited by Schattenmann

Vilien @ Jan 22 2010, 11:59 PM) I'm not sure why \m/ wouldn't have just agreed to those terms in the first place.

Maybe because they don't want to have what they can or cannot do dictated by NpO? There are things more important than infra, ya'know.

He speaks the truth.

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

You're asking them to surrender and give over their sovereignty wholesale by aligning their techraiding policies to "community standards" which is high-horse speak for "public opinion."

I'd cuss you out, too.

I agree with Schattenmann here.

I don't see why any alliance would accept terms from you telling them what they can and cannot do. Keep fighting the good fight \m/, PC and FOK.

o/ the new world police

edit: This is my personal opinion, not the opinion of my alliance, etc.

Edited by President Obama

In order for this matter to be resolved, \m/ will publicly acknowledge that there is a recognized convention for tech raiding on Bob and agree to hold themselves to that standard.

And what is that convention? There is no "community standard" for how large of an alliance you can raid, and even the "ground attacks only" is only based on function of the raid in terms of tech only; it doesn't account for other factors such as war practice which involves aircraft and missiles.

This is even more clumsy than your DoW.

What do you propose we do? Open a poll every 3 months to determine "community standards" and if \m/ isn't in line with them they get attacked by Polaris?

Edited by Schattenmann

Indeed. I thought the world police era was over.

It sure is if I have anything to say about it. I, for one, didn't fight in Karma just to change which Order got to curbstomp any alliance they didn't like.