Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='Lee Allen' date='11 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1265934473' post='2175902']
While Grub and his opposing counterparts riddle very prettily, two irrefutable facts remain: 1. \m/ broke their charter and tech raided an allied nation. Shame, Shame. 2. The New Polar Order has [i]presumed[/i] that the global community desires their police action. (Side note: does that 2nd point remind anyone of a real nation located south of Canada and north of Mexico? Anyway) Ultimately, both sides of this war have proven their clear opportunism and unmitigated selfishness. When the Global Radiation level goes up, citizens die making the game more difficult, more expensive, and far less enjoyable for ALL PLAYERS, especially those who willingly abstain from such despicable practices. Apparently, it is necessary to draw attention to what the so-called "Karma War" did to the number of players in the game. While I'm certain many of you are reading this and thinking: "Wait a minute. This is a nation based game and war is an essential part of how it's played," please consider that if the number of active players continues to dwindle due to these pointless, destructive, and repetitive conflicts, there may be no game left to play.

Most disappointing of all is that these sordid affairs could be avoided with better diplomatic skills from all those in charge. AlmightyGrub, you opened this thread with the quote: The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. I have a direct rebuttal to you, Sir, and to all the involved alliance leaders on both sides:
"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas."
[i]-Doug Funny's father from Nickelodeon's DOUG[/i]

I enjoy playing this game, and I would like to continue to do so, but if the people at the top of these alliances can't get over these petty disputes and find more diplomatic solutions, people will continue to drop out of the game all together, and then, all this pointless conflict will appear much more clearly to everyone involved as just that: [b]POINTLESS[/b].
[/quote]
Yes, the solution to all the world's woes is no excitement.

[quote name='Earogema' date='27 January 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1264642235' post='2135399']
I think we should just peace each other out now and let everybody else fight. :awesome:
[/quote]
I hate to quote myself, but this worked out fantastically. :awesome:

I love watching closet anarchists' morale outrage when people tell them they can't do whatever they want to do whenever they feel like doing it.

This war seems to have been fueled by 100%, weapons grade pride.

Edited by Virillus

[quote name='Lee Allen' date='11 February 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1265934473' post='2175902']
While Grub and his opposing counterparts riddle very prettily, two irrefutable facts remain: 1. \m/ broke their charter and tech raided an allied nation. Shame, Shame. 2. The New Polar Order has [i]presumed[/i] that the global community desires their police action. (Side note: does that 2nd point remind anyone of a real nation located south of Canada and north of Mexico? Anyway) Ultimately, both sides of this war have proven their clear opportunism and unmitigated selfishness. When the Global Radiation level goes up, citizens die making the game more difficult, more expensive, and far less enjoyable for ALL PLAYERS, especially those who willingly abstain from such despicable practices. Apparently, it is necessary to draw attention to what the so-called "Karma War" did to the number of players in the game. While I'm certain many of you are reading this and thinking: "Wait a minute. This is a nation based game and war is an essential part of how it's played," please consider that if the number of active players continues to dwindle due to these pointless, destructive, and repetitive conflicts, there may be no game left to play.

Most disappointing of all is that these sordid affairs could be avoided with better diplomatic skills from all those in charge. AlmightyGrub, you opened this thread with the quote: The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. I have a direct rebuttal to you, Sir, and to all the involved alliance leaders on both sides:
"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas."
[i]-Doug Funny's father from Nickelodeon's DOUG[/i]

I enjoy playing this game, and I would like to continue to do so, but if the people at the top of these alliances can't get over these petty disputes and find more diplomatic solutions, people will continue to drop out of the game all together, and then, all this pointless conflict will appear much more clearly to everyone involved as just that: [b]POINTLESS[/b].
[/quote]
If people keep dropping out of the game, maybe I can actually win the game. Just sayin'...

[quote name='Lee Allen' date='12 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1265934473' post='2175902']
When the Global Radiation level goes up, citizens die making the game more difficult, more expensive, and far less enjoyable for ALL PLAYERS, especially those who willingly abstain from such despicable practices.
[/quote]
In the immortal words of one of our times greatest prophets.

Nukes are immoral, put this in your sig if you're down

Why can't we all just be friends ;_;