Imperial Decree - New Polar

It's a surrender term. Extending your given example, it's just like the ending of the first Moldavi Doctrine and the cancellation of all the NPO's treaties at the end of the Karma War.

[/q]

My understanding of the OP was the enforcement of another's charter is the cause for NpO to go to war....to play "world police" as it is being popularly called.

Edited by Libera

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Did FoA have a protectorate when \m/, PC, and GOONS attacked them?

Nope. It was canceled on them prior. Your argument was that \m/ was forcing them to do something, they had already done - as if they were uncomfortable with it or did not want it.

I'm getting real tired of the argument that the attack was right because the New Polar Order felt it was right. That really makes no sense at all.

Why call the "right"ness of them into question? All that matters is that they think that it was right. Just like all that matters is that you think that your attack on FoA is justified/right. "Right" is all a matter of individual opinion and perspective, not an objective truth, no matter what all the neo-moralists would like to claim

So the negotiations held to halt \m/'s tech raid were....?

The excuse to engage \m/. Don't play the "good guy" card, it's far to late for that. Polaris knew the reaction \m/ would have to Polaris demands, nevertheless, they continued and pressed on those same demands, trying to reach a "compromise" they knew would never be reached, but that's exactly what they wanted. They needed a reason to attack \m/, they got it, they attacked. It's all done, now. Don't preach that this will "end" on \m/'s Terms when they have to concede to your demands which violates their sovereignty .

Edited by KingEd

It's a surrender term. Extending your given example, it's just like the ending of the first Moldavi Doctrine and the cancellation of all the NPO's treaties at the end of the Karma War.

[/q]

My understanding of the OP was the enforcement of another's charter is the cause for NpO to go to war....to play "world police" as it is being popularly called.

Your understanding is incredibly flawed, then.

So, you're asking us to brown-nose him. Any time someone is annoyed with us, we should try to appease them? When someone openly states multiple times that they'll go to war with us, we should kiss his feet? I know those three members screwed up, and we apologized for that. What else does Grub want, a cake?

Welcome to diplomacy.

The excuse to engage \m/. Don't play the "good guy" card, it's far to late for that. Polaris knew the reaction \m/ would have to Polaris demands, nevertheless, they continued and pressed on those same demands, trying to reach a "compromise" they knew would never be reached, but that's exactly what they wanted. They needed a reason to attack \m/, they got it, they attacked. It's all done, now. Don't preach that this will "end" on \m/'s Terms when they have to concede to your demands which violates their sovereignty .

Umm...No.

My point was that the diplomacy to halt \m/'s tech raiding was also a violation of their sovereignty by your abused definition.

Yet you seem to have had no problem with it being done back then.

Edited by Chron

We did not force them to accept a protectorate, they chose to accept it themselves.

Indeed, but they would have been raided until they did or until you got bored with them. What does that suggest to many unaligned nations out there? Better get a protectorate if you don't want to get attacked. So, yes, you are forcing unaligned alliances to comply with your ideology.

Why call the "right"ness of them into question? All that matters is that they think that it was right. Just like all that matters is that you think that your attack on FoA is justified/right. "Right" is all a matter of individual opinion and perspective, not an objective truth, no matter what all the neo-moralists would like to claim

I agree with you. Which is why I am displeased that NpO has brought morality into this when it has no place.

See, cause I thought \m/ were the ones asking everyone else to conform to their standards by letting them do as they please without consequence, including forcing smaller alliances to surrender and give over their tech, as well as not conducting themselves reasonably when approached about it.

\m/ does not just "do what they want." they raid targets who they know do not have the capacity to bring out consequences for \m/ as they have learned from "world standards" (that seem to be dictated by NpO). Though I would agree that they are opportunists, you're not following general convention by declaring on \m/, thus your hypocrisy begins.

What about the tech raided's sovereignty again? Oh..

No isn't the same thing, unless you are trying to deny the fact that don't raid alliances is a community standard.

You're trying to assume the mantle in defining community standards. If most of CN attacks NpO for this, doesn't the argument that the "community" considers you justified in this pretty much go to Hell?

What if the community standards are lowered? Will you attack them again?

If my father was a women I would have two mothers.

I don't argue about "ifs".

You're trying to assume the mantle in defining community standards. If most of CN attacks NpO for this, doesn't the argument that the "community" considers you justified in this pretty much go to Hell?

More "ifs", what I see is just 2 alliances defeding \m/ right now and even some of their allies know that \m/ acted stupid and stayed out, other alliances who could be dragged for this war also don't like the fact of defeding an alliance like \m/.

Edited by D34th

Welcome to diplomacy.

Gotcha. So, should I ever roll your alliance, I expect a 1000 word minimum poem hailing my greatness in rhyming iambic pentameter. Anything less and you will be considered the offensive side in the war for not practicing diplomacy.

Gotcha. So, should I ever roll your alliance, I expect a 1000 word minimum poem hailing my greatness in rhyming iambic pentameter. Anything less and you will be considered the offensive side in the war for not practicing diplomacy.

Now, now, no need to exaggerate, I'll simply give you three words, although some would consider it quite the epic:

"!@#$@#$ Bring it"

That's what \m/ said, and you seem to have a problem with that.

Really?

Mind pointing out where? Moreover, I would disagree with you, as there seem to be several \m/ members, and supporters, who are doing nothing but whine about how "unjust" Polaris' war upon you all is.

Make up your mind, now.

Edited by Chron

The problem with yours is that the curbstomp was over. Polaris then proceeded to tell it's allies to sit down and shut up while they did what they want with \m/, give a slide to GOONS with some backroom agreement that they've alluded to, and then try to pass this off as a good things for everyone.

Both parties suck, I already told Chief I'm pretty pissed, but frankly Polaris' actions pose a greater threat that \m/'s.

When is Polar declaring on Athens? Come onnnnnnnnnn.

Hey, guess what. Politics is all about enforcing your will on others. Or are you forgetting that your alliance is only on Red Team because a certain alliance's "sovereignty" over that sphere was "infringed" upon by war? I happen to believe that only those who first infringe on others' right to self-governance and independence deserve to be retaliated against.

I can't say this wasn't expected. Sad to see you really sink down to that level, Grub. Once, before the power got to your head, I thought you were a respectable guy.

You should talk to me if you value my opinion at all anymore...