Do platipi have balls?

Joe Stupid

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to comment on the legitimacy of either side. While i have much more info than the average Joe Stupid, i'm also biased.

However, are STA and Allies attempting to set the precedent that rogue actions are to be held as the responsibility of said rogue's forsaken Alliance?

This is what i see, and this is worrisome. If you want the ability to throw around weak CB's you'll have it now.

It's not like NPO was doing this to LUE in the GW2 era or anything like that...

TOP did proceed to step up on the behalf of Kronos, as I presume you know. They attempted to end this situation on the behalf of Kronos. As you noted, Kronos did not want TOP to pay 600 tech to end the situation. Even though they would not be the ones paying for it. I'm Sorry ChairmanHal, but your a smart fellow; you of all people know that's indeed pigheaded. Hence it would be reasonable to believe that Kronos may not want a diplomatic solution to this affair for whatever reason. And if that is the case they are more then pigheaded if not abundantly stubborn and ignorant.

I have made a note that inter-alliance politics on Planet Bob compares well to Poker in terms of the skills required. If you are good at Poker you will do well here. If you aren't then you will probably won't.

You have STA requesting full reps, then appearing to want to settle for 600 tech for something that in the past would not have netted even $1 in reps in most cases. Kronos did not feel the need to pay out 300 to settle this. They had a very strong hand relative to STA and they knew it. STA knew it too, which is why they weren't making a big deal of this. Others are.

Once again, I don't see Kronos being pigheaded. They have "the nuts" (no pun intended) and they know it. When coming from a position of strength you have the prerogative to say 'no thanks'.

Caveat: All this assumes that Kronos isn't breaking a promise to TOP to stick with whatever TOP negotiated no matter what, and didn't promise to cough up half the tech and now is reneging on the agreement.

I agree, it's a moot point that Tyga was the target; it's not a real concern of mine that he was the target. Had it been any other member of STA, the same responses would be taking place. That being said, your saying based on your reasonable observation that Kronos is going to disregard the opinion of a well respected person of standing such as myself in a political relevant alliance such as Nueva Vida tied to this situation? I doubt that would be the case, considering I know various well respected members of Kronos and consider some of them my best of friends. Furthermore, you still haven't addressed the relevant portions of my arguments though you simply posed a hypothetical to make your position more favorable and discredit my points. When you have an objective counter-argument to make to mind I'll respond; until then I'll be waiting.

You think you can influence Kronos to take this deal, then don't waste time talking to me, go talk to them on IRC. I suspect however they will be polite, friendly, but firm.

I respect their position as I understand it.

I have made a note that inter-alliance politics on Planet Bob compares well to Poker in terms of the skills required. If you are good at Poker you will do well here. If you aren't then you will probably won't.

You have STA requesting full reps, then appearing to want to settle for 600 tech for something that in the past would not have netted even $1 in reps in most cases. Kronos did not feel the need to pay out 300 to settle this. They had a very strong hand relative to STA and they knew it. STA knew it too, which is why they weren't making a big deal of this. Others are.

Once again, I don't see Kronos being pigheaded. They have "the nuts" (no pun intended) and they know it. When coming from a position of strength you have the prerogative to say 'no thanks'.

Caveat: All this assumes that Kronos isn't breaking a promise to TOP to stick with whatever TOP negotiated no matter what, and didn't promise to cough up half the tech and now is reneging on the agreement.

You think you can influence Kronos to take this deal, then don't waste time talking to me, go talk to them on IRC. I suspect however they will be polite, friendly, but firm.

I respect their position as I understand it.

Yes i'm sure everyone respects and understands a bunch of people from an alliance almost 20% of which freaked out and went rogue inside a matter of days. Obviously rational and reasonable types and anyone who doesn't understand that is obviously irrational.

Yes i'm sure everyone respects and understands a bunch of people from an alliance almost 20% of which freaked out and went rogue inside a matter of days. Obviously rational and reasonable types and anyone who doesn't understand that is obviously irrational.

You've never had a political faction leave en masse before? Lucky :o

You've never had a political faction leave en masse before? Lucky :o

Hey I agreed didn't I. These people couldn't possibly have an unstable and unreasonable community going on, it would be unreasonable to suspect that. It's clearly everyone else who is unstable and unreasonable.

They have "the nuts" (no pun intended) and they know it.

Just because you have the nuts on the flop doesn't mean you'll always win the hand ChairmanHal. :D

Yes, I do know poker terminology very well and I can confirm that you haven't even seen the flop on the hand you are talking about. Playing that big stack like a bully doesn't always work. Trust, me..... Poker :S

Hell, it's like no one's had members commit suicide before either! :(

If the ones that were about to pop and do something regrettable glowed or sparkled or something, it'd make stopping them a whole lot easier. It doesn't quite work that way....

EDIT (OOC): A Suggestion Box thing maybe? ;)

Edited by ChairmanHal

Yes, what cowards TOP are for assisting their allies. Truly spineless.

Anyway, more interesting platypus facts:

* The spurs on the ankles of male platypi produce a venom potent enough to render an adult human unconscious and kill smaller animals (such as cats and dogs).

* Rather than giving birth, the platypus lays eggs.

* The platypus has ten sex chromosomes.

Yes, what cowards TOP are for assisting their allies. Truly spineless.

Anyway, more interesting platypus facts:

* The spurs on the ankles of male platypi produce a venom potent enough to render an adult human unconscious and kill smaller animals (such as cats and dogs).

* Rather than giving birth, the platypus lays eggs.

* The platypus has ten sex chromosomes.

When you say they lay eggs, you should mention that they're a mammel.

If the ones that were about to pop and do something regrettable glowed or sparkled or something, it'd make stopping them a whole lot easier. It doesn't quite work that way....

If you know your alliance members and have some understanding of basic human psychology I'd say it'd be possible to spot those about to go psychotic and bring a gun to work/school, or a nuke to foreign dignitaries as it were.

Hey I agreed didn't I. These people couldn't possibly have an unstable and unreasonable community going on, it would be unreasonable to suspect that. It's clearly everyone else who is unstable and unreasonable.

Well my point was that usually rogues or rogue factions have a radically different ideology than the rest of the alliance. That's why they go rogue.

If you know your alliance members and have some understanding of basic human psychology I'd say it'd be possible to spot those about to go psychotic and bring a gun to work/school, or a nuke to foreign dignitaries as it were.

OOC: Much easier keep it hidden on the Internet than when you can see people face to face every day. But have you ever noticed even when you can see the sort you mention, they never catch them all?

No, those that went rogue planned it in advance and kept their plans well hidden.

As one with RL experience in this...I can say your argument is tremendously flawed. Usually, they are not detectable, and I would have never guessed in my personal experience.

Aha! I found the logs.

[20:31] <Tygaland> the other alternative is for Kronos to compensate the STA for all damage done to my nation by both rogues

[20:31] <Tygaland> tech, infrastrucure, cash, military losses

[20:31] <Tygaland> and peace out the war slots on whitemajik

[20:32] <Tygaland> after 6 or 7 nukes already plus full attacks its going to be quite a lot

So now, I'm completely certain that you are wrong.

Hmmm, I'll introduce you to Negotiations 101. I had only asked that Kronos get White Majik to peace out and the issue was done with. You guys didn't seem too keen on the idea so I pointed out to you that another option would be full reps for damages done which was designed to get you thinking more seriously about having White Maji peace out. Seeing as you had quite a solid working relationship with Heracles I didn't think it was beyond the realms of reality for you to arrange something with him.

Shortly after TOP spoke to me and I reiterated my prime aim was to get White Majik to peace out and move on. At that point TOP asked what other alternative there was to which I gave them the 600 tech and peacing out of White Majik's war slots to allow the STA to defend our member.

So, at no time did I demand full reps. I asked for the war to be peaced out and the weight of the damage done to my nation as an incentive to seriously consider that option. TOP negotiated another settlement to which we agree. Peacing out White Majik's defensive war slots and paying 18 million dollars worth of tech as compensation for the damage done to my nation via Kronos' collusion with Heracles.