Do platipi have balls?

Joe Stupid

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the jersey devil, it might be mythological but it could still kick your #%#$.

jersey-devil1.jpg

Jersey Represent.

09apr1.jpg

You think so? I was hoping for a bit more personally.

What more can you expect?

This thread is now about platyp-something.

I support this.

When an alliance tries to do the right thing but stands up for their allies at the same time, it does not mean that they are cowards. It merely means that they are decent people.

Londo speaks the truth.

TOP is the nerdiest alliance. All we do is argue about semantics, talk about history and play HoI and Eu3. Any of you other alliances can try to take our nerdiest alliance stat, but it's going to a tough one.

Yeah, you win, all we have is some soccer tournament.

I was bored, and thats ALL this comes down to.

Next time buy a scratch-off, there are better odds that it'll end better ;)

Too early yet. Let's wait about 2-3 more weeks to get this kind of action rolling. I've heard of too many possible catalysts of the Xmas '09 war so people are getting antsy as this topic shows. However, I think we can all hold back for at least a little while an build up some anticipation so the final result will be all the more satisfying.

TOP is the nerdiest alliance. All we do is argue about semantics, talk about history and play HoI and Eu3. Any of you other alliances can try to take our nerdiest alliance stat, but it's going to a tough one.

I saw a whole page where there was a lot more discussion about morphology than about semantics :lol1:

(Referring to the pplatyi/puses/podes argument)

Linguistics aside, this topic made my head hurt. :wacko: I think a couple headdesks should take care of that.

normal_colbert_headdesk.jpg

Edited by Uralica

Too early yet. Let's wait about 2-3 more weeks to get this kind of action rolling. I've heard of too many possible catalysts of the Xmas '09 war so people are getting antsy as this topic shows. However, I think we can all hold back for at least a little while an build up some anticipation so the final result will be all the more satisfying.

Yeah I know right, lets just save the war for a time when I can stay up to update without having to wake up for school 5 hours later, eh?

You paid them? That does seem a little odd, as there was definitely no wrongdoing by TOP, and not really by Kronos either since they were fully attacking the rogues. I would have told them to do something about it. It certainly doesn't show TOP as weak though, it shows them as willing to bend a little in order to placate an alliance that was angry at one of their allies. (If STA attacked Kronos, by the way, there's only one outcome, and it results in lots of tiger-fur rugs.)

Interesting sentiment from one of those getting all up in arms about that very same line of argument coming from a minority within Athens and Federation of Buccaneers over the recent Knights of Ni! incident.

You paid them? That does seem a little odd, as there was definitely no wrongdoing by TOP, and not really by Kronos either since they were fully attacking the rogues. I would have told them to do something about it. It certainly doesn't show TOP as weak though, it shows them as willing to bend a little in order to placate an alliance that was angry at one of their allies. (If STA attacked Kronos, by the way, there's only one outcome, and it results in lots of tiger-fur rugs.)

Well, handing out tech does beat the stern prosecutoral lectures that NPO used to hand out instead during those backroom meetings. <_<

I think we're in total agreement on this one. Unfortunately JS went all foot-in-mouth on this. Pity.

As for tiger fur rugs, they always look better when covered by a sex kitten.

tiger%20skin%20girl.jpg

Please think of the lives that would have been lost. I must say, paying your way out of a war, if it does indeed make you "lose your balls" whatever that means, is a much better solution than war.

TOP should be commended for their actions here, and their prevention of the unnecessary loss of lives.

In response to the two quotes above, the only wrong Kronos has committed was peacing out war slots with Heracles the Great on day 6 of the war as to redeclare. STA seems to think it was with malicious intent, but it really was to just add more technology to our ranks. Also somewhat important, it actually saved STA more damage than if they were the ones attacking Heracles, more nukes would have been shot STA's direction. -shrug-

It showed collusion with the rogue in denying the STA the ability to defend her member from the rogue attacks and ensured that all nuclear attacks from the rogue would be focussed on that STA member to ensure maximum damage to our member. The STA expressed its desire to attack the rogue and we were told that Kronos would try and free up some slots to allow us to do so but could not guarantee it. The war slot swap on day 6 of the war was a clear indication that Kronos was colluding with the rogue and denying the STA the ability to defend her member.

Albeit we decided to give you the benefit of the doubt until the second rogue with pre-filled slots attacked the day after the first rogue attack expired.

The last straw was a spy op from a Kronos member on another member of the STA gathering information for another rogue attack.

As for the resolution with TOP, I'd like to make a few things clear. STA's original request was not for compensation but for Kronos to request White Majik peace out their rogue attack on the STA. Kronos were not willing to do this which left us at an impasse.

We were then contacted by TOP asking what was happening and we informed them of the situation. They told us they would speak with Kronos and get back to us. During the discussions with TOP we were asked if there was any other way to resolve the situation to which we stated that freeing up some war slots on White Majik and some token compensation of 600 tech would be adequate.

TOP told us they would discuss it with Kronos and get back to us. They replied that the resolution was acceptable and I provided a list of recipients for the tech. At all times it was conveyed to the STA that Kronos were involved in the discussion with TOP and to us, they had agreed to these terms.

We received 300 tech the next day from TOP via a third party and assumed all was well. However, we were informed that the second half of the tech was being blockaded by Kronos as that they had not agreed to any of this. This was news to the STA so we again contacted TOP to inform them of the situation and they again asked for the specifics of the dispute. We provided the information they requested and as of now are awaiting their response.

I had preferred these discussions remained in private channels because to me the situation had been resolved. Sadly, this thread has brought a lot of innuendo into the public domain and I felt the need to address the situation.

Well, handing out tech does beat the stern prosecutoral lectures that NPO used to hand out instead during those backroom meetings. <_<

I think we're in total agreement on this one. Unfortunately JS went all foot-in-mouth on this. Pity.

As for tiger fur rugs, they always look better when covered by a sex kitten.

tiger%20skin%20girl.jpg

I like you

Yummy...

*Owned-You Closes His M2TW England Campaign & Heads Onto IRC.*

You should expand into better games. Medieval is a terrible game.

Except that, y'know, that situation was completely different. Kronos and TOP had not just done something terribly wrong. Although you have a point, my post was not in keeping with my usual standard.

That's a dubious claim. As for why, I will point you towards Tygaland's most recent post.

Please think of the lives that would have been lost. I must say, paying your way out of a war, if it does indeed make you "lose your balls" whatever that means, is a much better solution than war.

TOP should be commended for their actions here, and their prevention of the unnecessary loss of lives.

I already miss the old astronaut jones.

Interesting sentiment from one of those getting all up in arms about that very same line of argument coming from a minority within Athens and Federation of Buccaneers over the recent Knights of Ni! incident.

Just because bob opposes senseless, spineless, unrighteous massacres on smaller alliances doesn't means he is a pacifist.

He has all the right to promote, support and/or wage war and keep consistency in standing.

Meh.

Double standard nations, anyone? (I mean that pic. :P )

It showed collusion with the rogue in denying the STA the ability to defend her member from the rogue attacks and ensured that all nuclear attacks from the rogue would be focussed on that STA member to ensure maximum damage to our member. The STA expressed its desire to attack the rogue and we were told that Kronos would try and free up some slots to allow us to do so but could not guarantee it. The war slot swap on day 6 of the war was a clear indication that Kronos was colluding with the rogue and denying the STA the ability to defend her member.

Albeit we decided to give you the benefit of the doubt until the second rogue with pre-filled slots attacked the day after the first rogue attack expired.

The last straw was a spy op from a Kronos member on another member of the STA gathering information for another rogue attack.

The spy op actually happened before White Majik went rogue, I am pretty sure. And we dealt with that within half an hour, declaring on PTricky and sending him to anarchy before he could launch the attacks that he was planning on STA. Another way we helped you...

As for the resolution with TOP, I'd like to make a few things clear. STA's original request was not for compensation but for Kronos to request White Majik peace out their rogue attack on the STA. Kronos were not willing to do this which left us at an impasse.

We were not willing to do this? Vesalius and I were both texting White Majik for an hour trying to get him to send peace to you. It can not be held to us that he refused, as he was not a Kronos member.

We were then contacted by TOP asking what was happening and we informed them of the situation. They told us they would speak with Kronos and get back to us. During the discussions with TOP we were asked if there was any other way to resolve the situation to which we stated that freeing up some war slots on White Majik and some token compensation of 600 tech would be adequate.

TOP told us they would discuss it with Kronos and get back to us. They replied that the resolution was acceptable and I provided a list of recipients for the tech. At all times it was conveyed to the STA that Kronos were involved in the discussion with TOP and to us, they had agreed to these terms.

We received 300 tech the next day from TOP via a third party and assumed all was well. However, we were informed that the second half of the tech was being blockaded by Kronos as that they had not agreed to any of this. This was news to the STA so we again contacted TOP to inform them of the situation and they again asked for the specifics of the dispute. We provided the information they requested and as of now are awaiting their response.

I had preferred these discussions remained in private channels because to me the situation had been resolved. Sadly, this thread has brought a lot of innuendo into the public domain and I felt the need to address the situation.

Not sure what to say to this part, again- wasn't online.

I don't exactly believe STA deserves any reps in this case, feel free to see the 300 tech as a note of sorrow to our wrong of peacingout/redeclaring on Heracles on Day 6. Although STA is not technically entitled to those slots, we probably should have given them to you anyways.

Edited by Masterof9puppets

I would like to remind everyone that this is not a discussion about who misses what version of myself, but rather the commendable actions of TOP in the prevention of war!

Are you people so blood thirsty that you would want such senseless violence to take place at all times on planet bob? TOP did the right thing, and should be commended for it. My hat is off for TOP here.

How dare the rest of you ruffians try and change the subject!

Seeing anyone from Vanguard, especially you defending STA in the situation is laughable. Hypocrite much? :awesome:

Right, except for the part where you have no grasp on the facts whatsoever, and never have. The Vanguard nation that hit the ex-Valhallan/ex-Vanguard rogue successfully peaced out within one day, as per the request of Valhalla. Not to mention battle logs were produced that clearly demonstrated the Vanguard nation was outperforming each Valhallan :v:

Edited by Revanche