Experiences through the Karma and Post Karma Era

Palpatine001

I was dMoD in ODN. we attacked some alliance, i think FEAR? wolfpack, an ally of them retaliated and i organized most of the second wave of ODNers taking out the nations that had retaliaded. got nuked a few times, because the guy on me couldn't get past my airforce <_<

then we attacked some NATO higher tier nations to help out our allies in INT.

fun experience overall.

i had spent like 150ml on infra 2 weeks before so i was caught with a small warchest and took some time to rebounce :(

left a few days after we gave everybody peace for GATO who had just been freed

Edited by Venizelos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm lets see. I joined Athens right before !@#$ hit the fan cuz I knew something big was gonna happen soon and I thought Athens would be a cool place to watch the fireworks. I battled it out with NPO and stuff, kicked $@!, took names, lost ~1k infra, got bored since all of them decided to either be below my range or in peace mode. I waited it out a bit cuz I wanted some reps and I waited a little longer but around the beginning of June I got tired of waiting and said screw it. I met up with this guy who wanted to start a new red team alliance and so I helped him create UED. Then like a right after I left Athens, everyone surrendered and I was like damn it I missed out on epic reps <_<

Anyways I got a chance to have some fun and watch CN get flipped on its head.

Why are you on my target list for FnKa? :huh:

I had a pretty boring war. Fought two wars against TOOL nations (Rogdor and JNeiman) who didn't even bother to launch cruise missiles at me for the most part, even though they could have. I kept waiting for FnKa to come out of peace mode and attack, but that didn't happen, and peace was negotiated fairly quickly.

When in higher ranges and you get attacked by a WRC nuke trust me you go down fast, I was around 20k ns from 65k ns after just 2 weeks of war, and a nuke can only kill so many troops, in addition to that the aircrafts increased damages etc you go down fast.

So true.

First Wave of War:

James down 92k against 5 Gremlins

Matt Miller down 75k against 5 Gremlins

2 other targets I Can't remember their names specifically were down 85-90k in the first wave.

3/4 of my first targets were in the top 5 biggest losers that week(Matt Miller being the one not in), after that everyone was out of range :(

I lost a solid 40k in the first wave (first 7 days) so most definitely those upper tiers fall fast when we're all lobbing 700+ infra dmg nooks around.

The lead up to the war was a constant time of low drama, with occasional spikes of high drama. The first serious attempt to organise a defensive coalition was just after VE cancelled a load of treaties with the hegemony in late March – at that point we had no clue what we'd do if someone got attacked, and there were strong rumours that VE were going to be, so a few of us got together and began to sketch out how a defence might be run.

That was quickly put on the back burner when the drama subsided, but that was what was resurrected when we saw Valhalla and TPF dropping to peace mode and got rumours of an attack on PC. Those rumours weren't particularly credible, but with the full peace mode, we knew something was on the cards, so the defensive preparations went ahead, even though we didn't really know where the hit would be made.

VE were part of those discussions, so when people started threatening OV, we could start making more detailed plans. (Well, once we'd heard what the CB was and agreed that they didn't deserve to be let go for it.) The immediate problem was that no-one was available to counter IRON, if they chose to enter; the other major Hegemony alliances could just about be covered, although we were stretched thin on MCXA. That's why we went to IRON (and TOP) to try to explain how they shouldn't enter, and when they didn't want to stay out, why we had to arrange the semi-deal that we did.

We had plenty of time to make initial plans about who to send to peace mode, and I decided to send the lower tier and one squad there for safety; you can tell these people because they'll complain about not fighting if you talk to them about the war! After that it was a case of seeing who hit where to see if we'd be needed in an unexpected place, and planning for IRON. LM and Ram were doing most of the inter-alliance coordination, and LM was in charge of the update action ()): time zones )):), but the daytimes were exciting, organising our declarations, getting cover for people who needed it (from MHA or Fark in some cases) and managing my own wars.

I got declared on by one IRON nation, and since I was thus stuck in war mode, I jumped three other top IRON nations with other Grämlins around at the time. The first I managed to catch overdeployed and anarchy within about 5 minutes of the war starting (he'd forgotten to buy GCs, a common problem among our opponents) – pointless given the nukes, but satisfying. The wars were fun, but surprisingly easy: until the last update, none of the four nations had won an attack on me, even after nukes, and I had 90% or more success with my own attacks (yeah, I'm lucky). I actually gained NS overall for the first 6 days, despite eating nukes. Most Grämlins were successful (IRON filled all 5 'biggest losers' for several days, although a few got unlucky and had coordinating enemies, losing several thousand infra.

After the first round, there were no nations in range and in war mode. In fact for most of the people from Apocalypse Brigade coming out of PM, there were no nations available for them to attack, though those lower down did get some holding jobs. Soon peace negotiations started; IRON were beaten, and since they were friends with MHA and also with TOP, there was little will to completely smash them. Those talks are fairly well known, but eventually a conclusion was reached and we dropped out of Karma.

Since the war, I've been interested by the evolving political landscape, although surprised how slowly things seem to be happening. The alliance has lost several valued members, mostly to Kronos and TOP, so on a domestic front things have been quite frustrating.

During Karma, I fought against MCXA and had a great time flinging and eating nukes.

After Karma, I rebuilt everything and then some and am now working on getting Universal Health Care for all my people.

Also, I got a job herding cats for Nueva Vida.

Hmm.. I helped organise NOVA's attacks on Tempest I was MoW at the time (OOC: I still facedesk when I think about it). Left NOVA and Joined MHA after they had declared war on IRON, I completely forgot they had DoW'd. So I wound up fighting 2 guys from IRON, One nuked me, so at 12k ns I ate my first nuke. I hung around for a little bit after IRON and MHA peaced and then left MHA for TSC

The lead up to the war was a constant time of low drama, with occasional spikes of high drama. The first serious attempt to organise a defensive coalition was just after VE cancelled a load of treaties with the hegemony in late March – at that point we had no clue what we'd do if someone got attacked, and there were strong rumours that VE were going to be, so a few of us got together and began to sketch out how a defence might be run.

That was quickly put on the back burner when the drama subsided, but that was what was resurrected when we saw Valhalla and TPF dropping to peace mode and got rumours of an attack on PC. Those rumours weren't particularly credible, but with the full peace mode, we knew something was on the cards, so the defensive preparations went ahead, even though we didn't really know where the hit would be made.

VE were part of those discussions, so when people started threatening OV, we could start making more detailed plans. (Well, once we'd heard what the CB was and agreed that they didn't deserve to be let go for it.) The immediate problem was that no-one was available to counter IRON, if they chose to enter; the other major Hegemony alliances could just about be covered, although we were stretched thin on MCXA. That's why we went to IRON (and TOP) to try to explain how they shouldn't enter, and when they didn't want to stay out, why we had to arrange the semi-deal that we did.

We had plenty of time to make initial plans about who to send to peace mode, and I decided to send the lower tier and one squad there for safety; you can tell these people because they'll complain about not fighting if you talk to them about the war! After that it was a case of seeing who hit where to see if we'd be needed in an unexpected place, and planning for IRON. LM and Ram were doing most of the inter-alliance coordination, and LM was in charge of the update action ()): time zones )):), but the daytimes were exciting, organising our declarations, getting cover for people who needed it (from MHA or Fark in some cases) and managing my own wars.

I got declared on by one IRON nation, and since I was thus stuck in war mode, I jumped three other top IRON nations with other Grämlins around at the time. The first I managed to catch overdeployed and anarchy within about 5 minutes of the war starting (he'd forgotten to buy GCs, a common problem among our opponents) – pointless given the nukes, but satisfying. The wars were fun, but surprisingly easy: until the last update, none of the four nations had won an attack on me, even after nukes, and I had 90% or more success with my own attacks (yeah, I'm lucky). I actually gained NS overall for the first 6 days, despite eating nukes. Most Grämlins were successful (IRON filled all 5 'biggest losers' for several days, although a few got unlucky and had coordinating enemies, losing several thousand infra.

After the first round, there were no nations in range and in war mode. In fact for most of the people from Apocalypse Brigade coming out of PM, there were no nations available for them to attack, though those lower down did get some holding jobs. Soon peace negotiations started; IRON were beaten, and since they were friends with MHA and also with TOP, there was little will to completely smash them. Those talks are fairly well known, but eventually a conclusion was reached and we dropped out of Karma.

Since the war, I've been interested by the evolving political landscape, although surprised how slowly things seem to be happening. The alliance has lost several valued members, mostly to Kronos and TOP, so on a domestic front things have been quite frustrating.

Just when I beginning to think your not a complete dick you go and prove me wrong. kudos.

started off the karma war with 3.5k ns and 50 tech.

after declaring on 3 NPO members on the first blitz night, i was counter attacked by a couple members of MCXA the night afterward. i am eternally thankful for this, because the incompetence of the MCXA people i fought throughout the first two weeks of the karma war meant i knew i had a steady stream of tech and cash coming on from my offensive wars, and stream of cash from my defensive wars. the NPO people i fought were a mixed bag, some knew what they were doing but couldn't keep up with our coordinated attacks, others simply were stupid enough to keep giving me tech. i bought up to 150 tech right before the wars started, and pretty much by the time memorial day came around i had anarchied about 12 NPO members, 3-4 MCXA members, without having been anarchied myself once. i had also grown to 13k ns by spending my spoils of war on some well timed infra purchases and from taking tons of tech and land from my targets. i went away for memorial day weekend, and saw i had been declared on twice then, and had my other targets attacking me as well, so i finally succumbed to anarchy that weekend, after 6 weeks of what id call pretty flawless fighting. i was back down to about 5k ns, but with a pile of tech and a huge warchest from all the cash i had gotten from the generous NPO/MCXA people i had fought for the previous 6 weeks. so i took the fight back to NPO, anarchied a couple of more people, then found myself at 9-10k ns in mid june, with no one to attack, so i just decided to start growing my nation again because NPO didnt want to fight me anymore :(

i also started working in VE's military and state departments during the war, which in addition to my position as head of homeland security, set me on the course to become secretary of the interior a few months later.

post-karma hasnt been nearly as fun, i honestly cant wait to fight another war, because this time ill have a full nuclear arsenal to have some fun with :)

Long drawn out conventional wars and swallowed a few nukes. Gave some a pounding and took a pounding from others. Nothing fancy, just soldier's wars. Bogged down after week 3/4 to just hippie mode prevention with most of the fighting over with and then rebuilding after week 8 or so.

I think I came back from self imposed exile a month before the war started, so I missed the run up and I was surprised at the speed with which the situation had deteriorated for the NPO. The defeat of the New Polar Order in the NoCB war left a number of us bitter and resentful against the NPO. I had always intended to pry some of their members and send them to Polar (which succeeded in a few cases) and then Ivan came back, formed NSO and found us all a home.

I didn't fight in the Karma war because my nation was new. The NPO had to lose if it was ever to reform and make ammends, but as the war progressed, I saw that the groups coming to replace them would make our life more difficult than the NPO and its collection of mercenaries turned allies would ever do. Have to say I was happy to see some of the Q useless talking heads bite the dust, but considering the worst half of Q got away with the crime, the result was ambivalent.

The war itself was too long and boring and it was all the NPO's fault by screwing up the preparation and execution. Propaganda was poor, which is sign of a group that had lost morale and confidence.

OOC: I actually hoped the NPO would lose the war mostly out of OOC reasons. Whilst nothing extremely interesting has happened since, the game is basically "open", whilst a year ago it was locked by the Hegemony.

Pre-Karma War: I knew the thing was coming. Everyone did. I knew it was coming in February. Because I disliked the Continuum and I didn't want to fight for them, I left NATO for Olympus where I knew some people. Stayed there for about 7 months from December to June. Since we knew tensions were somewhat high, we prepared and got ready. By April the sides had formed and we were ready.

Karma War: As I said, by April Olympus and I were ready for action. When war broke out I had a solid warchest, but seriously thought of leaving Olympus. I thought NPO was stupid in what they did so I honestly wanted to leave for say RoK or VE so I could kick their @#$% for once. Still, I stayed loyal and chose Olympus. Fought a fun war against Kronos and Umbrella, but I think the events leading up to the war are always better than the war itself and besides, the war was kind of boring for us.

Post Karma War: After the war I stayed in Olympus, but because of inactivity their and other stuff I left for NpO. I've been their since around July and have enjoyed it a lot. Joined the NpO because of Grub's leadership during and after the noCB War. I built up my infra a bit and I am now around the 16k NS range. Right now, I am building up my warchest for whenever the next war breaks out which I think will be more fun than the Karma War which was an obvious outcome once the war began. Hopefully, next time we will see and even amount of strength on both sides

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

I think I came back from self imposed exile a month before the war started, so I missed the run up and I was surprised at the speed with which the situation had deteriorated for the NPO. The defeat of the New Polar Order in the NoCB war left a number of us bitter and resentful against the NPO. I had always intended to pry some of their members and send them to Polar (which succeeded in a few cases) and then Ivan came back, formed NSO and found us all a home.

I didn't fight in the Karma war because my nation was new. The NPO had to lose if it was ever to reform and make ammends, but as the war progressed, I saw that the groups coming to replace them would make our life more difficult than the NPO and its collection of mercenaries turned allies would ever do. Have to say I was happy to see some of the Q useless talking heads bite the dust, but considering the worst half of Q got away with the crime, the result was ambivalent.

The war itself was too long and boring and it was all the NPO's fault by screwing up the preparation and execution. Propaganda was poor, which is sign of a group that had lost morale and confidence.

OOC: I actually hoped the NPO would lose the war mostly out of OOC reasons. Whilst nothing extremely interesting has happened since, the game is basically "open", whilst a year ago it was locked by the Hegemony.

It really sounds like their are still some people out there who need to be crucified. Nothin' like a good ol' Karma Crucifixion to make everything right! Good luck huntin em down Ahab

For me, I've had better :(