Experiences through the Karma and Post Karma Era

Palpatine001

I sure do hope I can reach my quota of inaccurate and outright false posts and leave as soon as I am told to stop doing so :D .

Edit:holybatman typos

You should be careful what you wish for.

Bilrow I really do envy that tool of yours, if I had it I'd look up who I fought, I've forgotten everyone except sethb and Joque Straap

Edited by James Dahl

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be careful what you wish for.

Bilrow I really do envy that tool of yours, if I had it I'd look up who I fought, I've forgotten everyone except sethb and Joque Straap

Just run your mouth making up "war stories" and I will be glad to post your war history to counter your "stories." :P

From my humble point of view, the level of debate from the obsessively pro-NPO posters in this area as degenerated rapidly over time. I'm really beginning to miss Thorne and that other fellow whose name I've so quickly forgotten.

Also, I was in FAN through the Karma War, so I avoided conflict altogether.

My experiences, well, are as follows:

* War chests kick $@!

* GDA were, and are, pretty cool people

* Some opponents are actually really awesome and make it a helluva lot more fun than butthurt idiots

* Echelon are a bunch of !@#$heads [OOC: No qualms outside of game] with some not-so-great interactions

* Being the head of foreign affairs during a war is !@#$@#$ awesome

* Nukes are fun

Just run your mouth making up "war stories" and I will be glad to post your war history to counter your "stories." :P

Effort.gif

From my humble point of view, the level of debate from the obsessively pro-NPO posters in this area as degenerated rapidly over time. I'm really beginning to miss Thorne and that other fellow whose name I've so quickly forgotten.

Also, I was in FAN through the Karma War, so I avoided conflict altogether.

I think they all work for NSO now, at least it seems that way sometimes.

Edited by James Dahl

I think they all work for NSO now, at least it seems that way sometimes.

Now that I think about what may be causing the decline in the quality of pro-NPO posts, I realize it must hold some correlation with the decline in the quality of Emperors (Ivan > Dilber > Moo > Cortath).

I sure do hope I can reach my quota of inaccurate and outright false posts and leave as soon as I am told to stop doing so :D .

Edit:holybatman typos

Just toe the party line and you'll add plenty more inaccurate and outright posts to your resume. Now if you'll be so kind as to post your experiences during the Karma war or exit stage left, it'd be appreciated.

Edited by Penkala

Just toe the party line and you'll add plenty more inaccurate and outright posts to your resume. Now if you'll be so kind as to post your experiences during the Karma war or exit stage left, it'd be appreciated.

NOU?

also Look at my first reply near the end <_<.

Edited by silentkiller

Hmm lets see. I joined Athens right before !@#$ hit the fan cuz I knew something big was gonna happen soon and I thought Athens would be a cool place to watch the fireworks. I battled it out with NPO and stuff, kicked $@!, took names, lost ~1k infra, got bored since all of them decided to either be below my range or in peace mode. I waited it out a bit cuz I wanted some reps and I waited a little longer but around the beginning of June I got tired of waiting and said screw it. I met up with this guy who wanted to start a new red team alliance and so I helped him create UED. Then like a right after I left Athens, everyone surrendered and I was like damn it I missed out on epic reps <_<

Anyways I got a chance to have some fun and watch CN get flipped on its head.

well, went through the entire war in Athens, declared on one GGA (degenerate) and i think 14-15 different NPO nations (including mary, moo, loucifer, and silentkiller) and i dont know how many nukes i launched, but i do know i got hit with 25, and my NS went from 30k NS to as low as 2k at one point, but never went ZI or ZT. and then at the end of the war left before i could get reps. twas fun.

War!? YAY WAR...wut? no war? :((

War yet? no?

OMG! YAY WAR!

*boom*

*boom*

OMG my SDI blocked one! holy carp

Whats this? Ive been elected gov? cool

Dang, my SDI really sucks thus far

:(( Turtles :((

Wait, war is over? already?

Special shoutout to my crew of the Vigoda, except that one guy who got deleted mid-war

for the bolded part, many laughs were had in the private channels, infact many nations changed AA and then set it back to NPO to get your messages of "honour and freedom" :lol1:. I did it 4 times and each time I got a message from you, you obviously need to do something else with your time.

Believe it or not this was an effort to save time on my part. Considering that you're the only alliance who seems to not forewarn nations you recruit of the fact you are in the process of a severe beat down it became very irritating having to explain your alliance’s background, actions, why so people were attacking you in this war etc. Minus the NPO propaganda and excuses.

After the fourth or fifth time of encountering such nations I simply got tired of having to explain such things every single time I declared war upon someone and chose to mass message the newer nations of your alliance to avoid attacking such people and make this a 'straight fight.' It seemed to work for the most part.

and a few dozens? dont flatter yourself.

Well, the number was certainly somewhere between twelve and twenty who I received further replies from before leaving your alliance.

Again with the leaders hiding in peacemode? really? Have you started believing your own lies. Moo, Mary, Valadamir and countless others were zi'd/near zi .

Point taken, it’s leaders seemed to mostly be those selling off their nation’s assets so they could attack and win against far weaker targets, it was most likely this selling of infra which resulted in them becoming ZI or nearing ZI. A coward’s tactic but hardly unexpected from the NPO. Cortath was certainly one I encountered more than once who seemed to have a very large war chest and very few casualties for how far he had fallen in terms of strength.

OOC: If not your leaders then it was certainly your older and stronger members lurking in peace mode. Am I the only one who recalls seeing the first four or five pages of the NPO nation list filled with very old and strong nations cowering from the fighting because they were too afraid to risk their own nations in battle.

Also threats of EZI? None of the PG sanctioned messages have the threat of EZI in them. stop spewing your lies.

Not every nations under the Pacifican flag chooses to allow your secret police to sanction insults to those they are fighting. Nor do I recall them every stating that such messages had been sanctioned, they were merely intangible threats which could not be followed up.

Also please keep sending your pm's to our new recruits about how evil we are, makes for a good laugh on a slow day. :lol1:

Why? Your new leadership seems to openly admitting most of its previous crimes and the NPO is not in a war trying to recruit new cannon fodder.

Not 100 nations, maybe 86.

That appears to only be a list of those who I attacked, I was also including those who chose to attack me. Though I will admit one hundred is more an estimated guess than an actual statistic.

Edited by ShinRa

If not your leaders then it was certainly your older and stronger members lurking in peace mode. Am I the only one who recalls seeing the first four or five pages of the NPO nation list filled with very old and strong nations cowering from the fighting because they were too afraid to risk their own nations in battle.

I think you remember this fact incorrect. Those first five pages of peacemode nations were the ones on top only after they managed to get to peacemode after a few rounds and after the 200-300 nations originaly above them got knocked down.

edit: silly me, I forgot my memories.

I anticipated the coming war from around januari after Gremlins and FOK left Q. So I started buying military wonders and saving a warchest (I had none before januari :blush: ). So I had the SDI, MP and WRC and a war chest of 300 mil when the war started.

I remember the confusion in the days before the war and the joy seeing events unfolding itself. After a few days it became clear that we would fight IRON. In the first wave I attacked two IRON nations, only one of them really fighting back. After this first round I waited a few days to get out of anarchy and collect taxes again. There were enough nations attacking IRON and it became really hard finding targets in range. After collecting I found 1 target for a second round. This one fought back and nuked me on a daily basis. Since I had the most tech and a WRC the other nations fighting this target agreed to let me do the nuking so it was a happy nuke fest.

Meanwhile my alliance co-members damaged the morale fo IRON by sending out powerful Vogon Poetry so IRON decided there was no way out and it surrendered to the mighty forces of Gremlins, FARK, Ragnarok, FCC and MHA.

Afterwards came the time to rebuild.

Edited by Il Principe

Point taken, it’s leaders seemed to mostly be those selling off their nation’s assets so they could attack and win against far weaker targets, it was most likely this selling of infra which resulted in them becoming ZI or nearing ZI. A coward’s tactic but hardly unexpected from the NPO. Cortath was certainly one I encountered more than once who seemed to have a very large war chest and very few casualties for how far he had fallen in terms of strength.

When in higher ranges and you get attacked by a WRC nuke trust me you go down fast, I was around 20k ns from 65k ns after just 2 weeks of war, and a nuke can only kill so many troops, in addition to that the aircrafts increased damages etc you go down fast.

OOC: If not your leaders then it was certainly your older and stronger members lurking in peace mode. Am I the only one who recalls seeing the first four or five pages of the NPO nation list filled with very old and strong nations cowering from the fighting because they were too afraid to risk their own nations in battle.

I was in page 3 of NPO ranks prewar, during the war I was somewhere on page 7, so yeah obviously the people who are going to stay in peace mode will be ranked higher than nations who just got their @#$% kicked by 3 nations <_<.

Not every nations under the Pacifican flag chooses to allow your secret police to sanction insults to those they are fighting. Nor do I recall them every stating that such messages had been sanctioned, they were merely intangible threats which could not be followed up.

heh that's one bit og NPO I never can understand, not allowing non NPO to fly the flag, I myself think that it is a sign of respect/they like our flag, dont know why they get so worked up about it. -_-

Why? Your new leadership seems to openly admitting most of its previous crimes and the NPO is not in a war trying to recruit new cannon fodder.

:(

When in higher ranges and you get attacked by a WRC nuke trust me you go down fast, I was around 20k ns from 65k ns after just 2 weeks of war, and a nuke can only kill so many troops, in addition to that the aircrafts increased damages etc you go down fast.

He is right about this. Our BAPS target fell from 85k to 30k NS after the first weak of war. We were 2k or so from ZIing him, and he started around 8.5k. Although Alterego may actually have the full details, I'm too lazy to check them up on our forums.

I was in page 3 of NPO ranks prewar, during the war I was somewhere on page 7, so yeah obviously the people who are going to stay in peace mode will be ranked higher than nations who just got their @#$% kicked by 3 nations <_<.

Well obviously. He's saying that those that were in peacemode who floated to the top of the list were names he recognized. See: your now-former regent. Above and beyond that, though, I remember Moo accepting aid and not giving it out and I remember the war aid not going to your battered nations but going to your IOs and leadership.

Well obviously. He's saying that those that were in peacemode who floated to the top of the list were names he recognized. See: your now-former regent. Above and beyond that, though, I remember Moo accepting aid and not giving it out and I remember the war aid not going to your battered nations but going to your IOs and leadership.

The whole aid thing is just the culture of NPO. ALL HAIL NPO! Seriously though, when I was there people fought for a chance to send aid to the emperor.

The whole aid thing is just the culture of NPO. ALL HAIL NPO! Seriously though, when I was there people fought for a chance to send aid to the emperor.

pretty much what youwish said <.<. Also I got quite a lot of aid and I have never been in any position of power, ever. the aid going during the war was pretty much voluntary. there was little or no bank aid going out due to them being in peace mode, and we cant really force someone to donate aid to a person they dont want to. and another thing nations were normally advised against aiding nations with crappy improvements etc.

pretty much what youwish said <.<. Also I got quite a lot of aid and I have never been in any position of power, ever. the aid going during the war was pretty much voluntary. there was little or no bank aid going out due to them being in peace mode, and we cant really force someone to donate aid to a person they dont want to. and another thing nations were normally advised against aiding nations with crappy improvements etc.

This is true, but I sent aid to people in my fireteam rather than the IO's. I only sent out aid to people who were fighting alot.

Edited by kevin32891

Hmm lets see. I joined Athens right before !@#$ hit the fan cuz I knew something big was gonna happen soon and I thought Athens would be a cool place to watch the fireworks. I battled it out with NPO and stuff, kicked $@!, took names, lost ~1k infra, got bored since all of them decided to either be below my range or in peace mode. I waited it out a bit cuz I wanted some reps and I waited a little longer but around the beginning of June I got tired of waiting and said screw it. I met up with this guy who wanted to start a new red team alliance and so I helped him create UED. Then like a right after I left Athens, everyone surrendered and I was like damn it I missed out on epic reps <_<

Anyways I got a chance to have some fun and watch CN get flipped on its head.

You left out the part where you left FnKa when you found out we were going to be on the Hegemony side. :(