Tabloid Tribune #151

Sir Paul

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... That also has its own political bias :P.

At least no one is trying to dissuade you from pointing that out.

Elyat:

Oooh, I wonder what hawk did to get that kind of demotion.

Perhaps nothing. He may not even have gotten the position. As TrotskysRevenge pointed out the Tabloid != Truth. So its hardly useful as an accurate source on NPO staffing or post war treaty issues.

:ph34r:

Apparently you are of the notion that Tabloid = truth; if you are waiting for actual news from the Order you will need to wait for an issue of The Pacifican Press.

Serious comments should be reserved for non-Tabloid publications.

It is an "Alliance Announcement". So you are saying this is a joke?

Edited by HeinousOne

I think the Order learned the wrong lesson then. Many of us believe Mary to be a poor reappointment because of the kind of results she sought to achieve using her competency and experience. For myself, I would have been much happier if someone who was less inclined to lie to and mock her enemies had been chosen.

With all due respect Ragashingo, while I understand it wasn't the most popular choice, this bold statement made me chuckle a bit. I am sure if you look through the different threads over the past two months, you will see plenty of instances of "karma" alliances mocking "hegemony". It works both ways. Furthermore, just because a person's behavior wasn't up to world standards in the past, doesn't mean they can not change that. It's the wonderful world we live in, a world where everyone should be afforded second chances, not just those on certain sides of the political web.

That said, great read Sir Paul. I highly enjoyed this latest installment.

It might, but having an unintentional bias is not the same as intentionally pushing an agenda, like this clearly does.

ITS A PR STUNT!!!!

ALSO ITS PLAYING ON A VICTIM CARD TOO MUCH!!!!!!1

ALSO ITS IMMORAL 111!!!

Other then that, great work Sir Paul, as always.

With all due respect Ragashingo, while I understand it wasn't the most popular choice, this bold statement made me chuckle a bit. I am sure if you look through the different threads over the past two months, you will see plenty of instances of "karma" alliances mocking "hegemony". It works both ways. Furthermore, just because a person's behavior wasn't up to world standards in the past, doesn't mean they can not change that. It's the wonderful world we live in, a world where everyone should be afforded second chances, not just those on certain sides of the political web.

That said, great read Sir Paul. I highly enjoyed this latest installment.

I agree wtih this post, specifically the bolded part - I hope the rest of the NSO and her allies agree with this sentiment.

So your arguments are:

1. It's ok because my side is just as bad as theirs.

2. Ignore what someone has done in the past and hope they have a sudden and dramatic change of character.

3. I need to give the NPO a second chance.

Great.

My responses:

1. I don't see how fielding an official question during a time of war, lying about the response and the meaning of the response, then shamelessly using the fact that you immediately mocked the people asking the question as proof of the actual intent of the response is in any way shape or form equal to some name calling around here during the last war.

2. I think its best to base ones actions on what has happened, not on what might happen. Furthermore I think its best to use logic and common sense in trying to predict what might happen. For instance while someone doing a complete 180 degree change of character is possible (and has even happened around here more than once) it is very rare. Perhaps Mary will turn out to be a fabulous person who helps her alliance find a peaceful, well respected place among its neighbors, but I don't think so.

3. You may have missed it but I have been fairly vocal in the past about giving the NPO a clean slate after the Karma War. I said that we should judge them on their actions post war, because the war and the NPO's harsh terms cleansed them of their previous actions. Since then I waited patiently for them do do something. Now they have done something, two things in fact, that I feel point to more of the same. The appointment of Cortath as Emperor and his appointment of Mary as Regent are both things I disagree with based on my interactions with those two individuals. It has nothing at all to do with the political web.

All that said, I am open to being surprised by the new head of the NPO. I'd be very happy to be wrong about him.

Good read.

The thing about Paul's Tabloids is that he puts as much truth as mirth into them. Of course some things are obviously in jest, such as him elevating me. We both know he isn't strong enough to lift my head, much less get it up the stairs and through the doors into the Senate Chambers.

I hope it was a willful departure from the role for him. As I have stated many times, SP is one of the true geniuses behind the formation of the NPO, here and elsewhere, if he was shown the door, hat in hand, I would be very disappointed.

What was the Pacifican side in the WoTC?

Acording to the CN Wiki (emphasis mine):

By day three the war was at its height with RoK,NPO, MCXA, TOP, Grämlins, IRON, FOK, TPF, RnR, Fark, MHA, NATO, Invicta, PC, Umbrella, Py, DefCon, Andromeda, OPP being drawn into the conflict on the "Coalition" side to fight, assist or defend against NV, OcUK, Genesis, PUKE, Vox Populi, Atarax, MK, STA, Athens, NpO, GR, SOLID, and Hyperion who's side would become known as "Friends > Infra / Gambit".

Good read.

The thing about Paul's Tabloids is that he puts as much truth as mirth into them. Of course some things are obviously in jest, such as him elevating me. We both know he isn't strong enough to lift my head, much less get it up the stairs and through the doors into the Senate Chambers.

I hope it was a willful departure from the role for him. As I have stated many times, SP is one of the true geniuses behind the formation of the NPO, here and elsewhere, if he was shown the door, hat in hand, I would be very disappointed.

Ya know, I was kind of thinking that he wasn't all that serious about that whole losing his position to Hawk. I mean, hawk is an alright guy but I just can't see him taking this over from Sir Paul unless Paul has just had enough and someone Had to step in.