Declaration of War

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that RyanGDI is suffering from an extreme case of hubris.

It is always better to admit your mistake and try to make good than to foment a war in order to preserve your pride. I hope that Ryan will come to his senses and end this madness.

well, VE does have a history of declaring wars for such ridiculous reasons.

you could have chosen not to escalate.

So, by your standards, it is ridiculous to defend NPO from GDI rogues, and it is ridiculous to defend our own nations attacked by GDI. You sir, are a shining star of superior morality and intelligence, for your reasoning capabilities are beyond my immediate grasp.

So, by your standards, it is ridiculous to defend NPO from GDI rogues, and it is ridiculous to defend our own nations attacked by GDI. You sir, are a shining star of superior morality and intelligence, for your reasoning capabilities are beyond my immediate grasp.

Defensive measures are immoral, you nihilist!

How can an alliance effectively wage war if they go around telling their targets they're going to be attacked?

Membership in an alliance has both benefits and consequences. You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life.

It's GDI.... not RoK, or other some other organized alliance that could actually use the time to mount any kind of organized defense.

The best course of action would have been to not join GDI in the first place. This is a good lesson in why.

And kicking the noobs in the face is the best course to teach them? In my opinion, giving them a stern warning of getting kicked in the face would have sufficed.

1. As I already stated, the actions of alliance leaders reflect on their alliance as a whole.

I believe this should be considered on a case by case basis, and in this case with such a crappy leadership such as Ryan who has shown consistently to manipulate people towards dumb goals, I do believe it is fair to give the membership some more slack. Especially a membership that has 1/3 of them as having been in GDI for around a month or less.

And to others, saying that the noobs "should have known better" is unfair.

VE had a situation in which the GDI was an actual threat to the security of its members, with the potential of becoming a worse problem, and in which there were numerous and converging pieces of intelligence that an attack by GDI was likely.

Again, it's GDI... most of them don't even have enough money to pay more than a day's worth of bills. Also only like 30%~ of them actually fought against The Family? GDI is not any credible threat to have to pre-empt against.

But yeah, I'm sounding like a broken record. I've stated my views multiple times in this thread. TIme for me to stop :P. If you have anymore objections/questions, PM me.

It's GDI.... not RoK, or other some other organized alliance that could actually use the time to mount any kind of organized defense.

So your point is that small alliances should receive special treatment and not face the same consequences other alliances would face if their leadership acted in such a manner? I thought double standards were a bad thing not something that an alliance should be criticized for not perpetrating.

Im waiting for people from Dark Fist to complain about this, to be honest.

To not decry this assault on GDI would be the height of hypocrisy, based on their previous hollerings for attention.

Sorry sunshine, but this thread has nothing to do with us.

Best of luck to the members of GDI who were foolish enough to join said alliance in the first place.