Who Should NPO's Viceroy Be?

Joe Stupid

Who Should NPO's Viceroy Be?  

832 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe most of Karma would have just as big an issue with a NPO led by myself as they have with the current leadership. A great many of the main players there continue to talk about past grievances that I played a part in.

If you ran the NPO like you are running the NSO then I'd have no problem with it. I'd hope everyone agrees with me.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have a memory they would, yes. The hegemony was created while you were still a major player in NPO.

While that is true, not everyone found the Hegemony objectionable in and of itself.

Speaking for myself I would keep an open mind. I had a lot of interaction with the NPO while Ivan was running it and I liked them, a lot. Never had a problem with them. Hegemonists? Sure. But whether it was real or only a clever ruse, they seemed a reasonably benevolent and honourable hegemony at the time. Reasonable people that could be dealt with.

Later, when I had to deal with them under Moo, however, none of that was true. There was neither the reality nor the facade of benevolence, or honour. Just brute force, sadism, and arrogance.

Now maybe the change didnt coincide with Moos ascension. I was kind of tuned out for a bit between the two periods. Maybe the old NPO just *pretended* to be decent folk because they didnt feel secure enough. Maybe the later, arrogant NPO was their real face all along. But for me that's just speculation, what I know is I never had a problem with them earlier. So I would be more than willing to give it a chance.

Not likely to happen, though.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

I say Pingu, he is level headed and not overly cruel...not to mention a snappy dresser, a viceroy should always look impeccable :D

Also, the ODN had to make an oath to me, not to the NPO.

Indeed, i swore an oath to Ivan not the Order back in the day.

Edited by Cataduanes

I think you're seriously overestimating the amount of influence Ivan had in shaping the policies of the post-August 2007 NPO.

That is an understatement, to say the least. After I was couped I had zero influence in the Order. I was eventually allowed back into the alliance but was inactive for the most part and any plans or ideas I had to redirect the culture of the Order (PCIA) were blocked or demonized by some of the then IOs.

Who better to oppress NPO than the worst oppressors in history: the NPO.

I nominate hawk_11. Accept no substitutes for the real thing, my friends.

Throwing my support behind this suggestion. Seriously, nobody knows how to be a bunch of oppressive rat-!@#$%^&* like the Pacifican IOs. Giving the job to anyone else is only going to produce shoddy worksmanship.

Throwing my support behind this suggestion. Seriously, nobody knows how to be a bunch of oppressive rat-!@#$%^&* like the Pacifican IOs. Giving the job to anyone else is only going to produce shoddy worksmanship.

Hawk is so good at it that he made you think he is an IO.

Hawk is so good at it that he made you think he is an IO.

Pretty much, yeah. :lol1:

EDIT: Actually, I just asked hawk. Turns out he is an IO. Apparently all that hard work oppressing the little guy finally paid off.

Edited by Ebony Wings

I think you're seriously overestimating the amount of influence Ivan had in shaping the policies of the post-August 2007 NPO.

No, I'm thinking of GW2-3, and in particular his infamous call-out of Legion to pull them into the meatgrinder in GW3, as well as the manipulative politics of the end of the cold war to set NPO up as the sole major power (later spoilt by GOONS).

No, I'm thinking of GW2-3, and in particular his infamous call-out of Legion to pull them into the meatgrinder in GW3, as well as the manipulative politics of the end of the cold war to set NPO up as the sole major power (later spoilt by GOONS).

Yeah but all that stuff was just part of the fun, right? :)

Ivan is more the black hat of CN's Wild West period than the dictator of a global totalitarian regime.

That's the way I see it. I don't forgive him for tying all of those damsels to the train tracks, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as a certain Emperor I know.

It could be argued that Ivan helped build and preserve the Initiatives hegemony, but it could also be argued that he helped engineer it's destruction after it became clear what it was doing to the Cyberverse, and the NPO.