NPO now #3 alliance by TNS

Cirrus

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there's something you don't see everyday.

Congrats lads, now let's kick em farther down the stairs!

Actually, I think most in top don't want em kicked down that far. We appreciate the status given, but really would like to see an end to this war and soon. Not for any other reason than seeing friends on all sides damaged.

I personally have many friends suffering, while I sit in defcon 5. Trust me, I tried to get back in...those that know me, know my desires IC.

But overall, I think this war has drug its course, and would love to see peace for all.

Just my 2.

i don't know where you get your intel, but this am shows

1. NPO

2. Sparta

3. TOP

Read the OP

THere talking about Total NS not Score.

Going by rate of decay of Score NPO will be dropping off top spot by the end of the weekend, unless they surrender first

Where do we apply to get taken off the drop down menu...

Easily accomplished. Just split your AA into three: "The Order of the Paradox Level I", "The Order of the Paradox Level II", "The Order of the Paradox Level III"... :D

Now TOP will need to let some smaller nations join in order to do the ghost-busting....

A guy is re-rolling, so we will soon have 1 member to deal with them :P

Easily accomplished. Just split your AA into three: "The Order of the Paradox Level I", "The Order of the Paradox Level II", "The Order of the Paradox Level III"...

When the war is over we have some work to do. Whether we want the sanction or not is one of them. I can say that the secondary AA has been considered, but we will see what we decide.

Edited by alpreb

Actually, I think most in top don't want em kicked down that far. We appreciate the status given, but really would like to see an end to this war and soon. Not for any other reason than seeing friends on all sides damaged.

I personally have many friends suffering, while I sit in defcon 5. Trust me, I tried to get back in...those that know me, know my desires IC.

But overall, I think this war has drug its course, and would love to see peace for all.

Just my 2.

While I appreciate this sentiment you must know that many on the Karma side simply cannot afford for this war to end yet. This war may be offering some degree of suffering for them but nowhere near what they will experience if they give an alliance like NPO the opportunity for revenge. NPO will take that opportunity. It is an unfortunate position as though many may want to offer them peace it simply cannot be done.

Didn't you just make up a video praising the NPO and NpO and their resolve to one another and the way they play the game? Seriously Lady Dodger, make up your mind. <_<

Yes, yes i did. I respect the bond that existed between polaris and pacifica. It's sad to see that this has been abandon, but I suppose the end of Pax Pacifica had to come from internal conflict between the Orders. Where I believe you misunderstand the point of the video was to praise the relationship, not the orders themselves.

Edited by Dodger

While I appreciate this sentiment you must know that many on the Karma side simply cannot afford for this war to end yet. This war may be offering some degree of suffering for them but nowhere near what they will experience if they give an alliance like NPO the opportunity for revenge. NPO will take that opportunity. It is an unfortunate position as though many may want to offer them peace it simply cannot be done.

What we like and what we know to be true and simply smart politics are two different things. We understand the logic and would probably do the same exact thing in your position, especially with the NPO, maybe less so with IRON. So I'm not going to judge as I understand why NPO will not be freed for some time.

I would probably aim for 6mil NS. They would probably bump right back up to 8mil NS after spending their WCs on infra to rebuild and there is little you can do to stop that. 8 mil is a bit big but their low average NS means that any war they would loss up top. Reps would also need to be instituted, as well as cancelation of treaties, and no treatying for some time. NPO will work overtime to rebuild it's political connections and that has always been it's strong suit. Plus with bankers ready to aid their smaller nations, and knowing who their actives are, they will likely rebuild that NS quickly to maybe hit top spot in about 2 months. The only thing accomplished is that many of their top nations have lost large amounts of tech which no matter what will need time to rebuild.

It's a tough call on how to bring them down good so that in half a year they arent number 1 again. Either way to bring them down to 6mil means a war for perhaps another month.

so you say i´m not your daddy sqrt? :huh:

you have really hurt me :(

and on topic: noone within TOP expect us to hold this rank long, we don´thave the manpower/members/numbers to do so, but as other brothers have pointed out allready, we enjoy it, as long as it lasts.

and yes i love you too srqt, even if you are the kid an i´m your daddy :wub: :wub: :wub:

You can always be my daddy necAnt ^_^

as for other stuff I had a nice chat with Dr. Dan and all is well (I am sure you were terribly concerned :P )

Where do we apply to get taken off the drop down menu...

I remember wanting that option badly as well.

I wish admin would change it so each change needs to be approved by an "appointed alliance leader". Though that suggestion went nowhere for over 2 years, I doubt it would now.

What we like and what we know to be true and simply smart politics are two different things. We understand the logic and would probably do the same exact thing in your position, especially with the NPO, maybe less so with IRON. So I'm not going to judge as I understand why NPO will not be freed for some time.

I would probably aim for 6mil NS. They would probably bump right back up to 8mil NS after spending their WCs on infra to rebuild and there is little you can do to stop that. 8 mil is a bit big but their low average NS means that any war they would loss up top. Reps would also need to be instituted, as well as cancelation of treaties, and no treatying for some time. NPO will work overtime to rebuild it's political connections and that has always been it's strong suit. Plus with bankers ready to aid their smaller nations, and knowing who their actives are, they will likely rebuild that NS quickly to maybe hit top spot in about 2 months. The only thing accomplished is that many of their top nations have lost large amounts of tech which no matter what will need time to rebuild.

It's a tough call on how to bring them down good so that in half a year they arent number 1 again. Either way to bring them down to 6mil means a war for perhaps another month.

Rumours were a figure larger than 6m and smaller than the present, but I guess that must have changed now. Sad to see 'maybe' for IRON coming from TOP.

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.

Sir Winston Churchill

British politician (1874 - 1965)

This quote describes this war,the person in charge of any alliance no longer has control over the events that happen.They will all happen the war has been laid out from time the first shots were fired to the time that the last nuke is launched,seeing NPO go down lifted me up but at the same time pissed me off cause of the friends that i have in NPO.I have friends on both sides and the ones on Karma think the NPO should die,the ones on Hegemony think that this war had no valid CB(remind you of something?) this shows that non of us are better than the other that we can all be brought into a massive slugging match and be taken off of our thrones.Knowing the history of the NPO this war will drag on for months possible for a couple years,but i know both sides won't budge in there stance it's down to the long time on allies on Hegemony and on Karma it's still around 9,494 nations vs 2,579 on Hegemony.This war will change the face of CN hopefully for the better so small alliances can flourish in game and so that others don't get curb stomped and have to go through the same thing that many of us have in the past.

Shotgun91