A Win-Win for the NPO?

NewYinzer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you do not know how NS growth patterns go, NPO or anyone won't get to 30 million NS by the end of the year even without a war, so not sure where you got those figures, also the various scenarios are highly unlikely

Then Karma ends up being extremely hypocritical, as they've already said they weren't interested in perpetual war.

But will the NPO be ready for peace? Perhaps, when you can say, "Yes, we lost. And no, it was not a tactical retreat."

Until then, you will bleed. If you wish to turn this into martyrdom, I'm OK with that. So are a lot of other people.

Also: Worst. Analysis. Ever.

Edited by kingzog

Thats pure idiocy, even I could do better without properly thinking.

2 weeks from now: NPO allies start to drop out due to huge amount of damage.

2 months from now: NPO finally accepts peace, largest nations having barely 5k infra

4 months from now: NPO released from peace terms, due to having only smallish nations rebuilding goes slow. At the same time parts of the Karma side have created a solid bloc around what currently is called The Citadel.

6 months from now: NPO starts application process to "Neo-Citadel"

10 months from now: NPO gets in.

Forever from now: same !@#$, other people.

How true. Though I would not consider our defeat possible, if it were to happen, that is very much how events would go.

Oh, don't forget to add that those that have harmed Pacifica will get theirs too.

You heard it here folks: NPO thinks NPO will win in the end.

Shocking stuff.

Our (Pacifica's) side is going to have a statistical lead at update. Electron Sponge says so.

I have two things to say to you then:

1. I'm glad you won't be in a position to dictate terms should Pacifica lose this war.

2. Even if the Order lost, Pacifica would never disappear from Planet Bob.

Guess who doesn't have the statistical lead? Not at update, not 5 hours later either. Hmm... yeah here's the deal buuuuuuuuddy, you don't have the statistical lead and every decent sized alliance you're allied to has already came in. :) You're NS will do nothing but sink from here on for a very long time.

I'm not fan of long or harsh terms either, but NPO is the most deserving of any alliance by now to get terms that are by all means "harsh". You're lucky your opponents are honorable. :)

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

Did you keep a straight face as you typed this up OP? I have two scenarios for you:

Scenario 1: You didn't keep a straight face, you were actually wetting yourself with laughter at the joke you just made.

Scenario 2: You did keep a straight face. :|

Thats pure idiocy, even I could do better without properly thinking.

2 weeks from now: NPO allies start to drop out due to huge amount of damage.

2 months from now: NPO finally accepts peace, largest nations having barely 5k infra

4 months from now: NPO released from peace terms, due to having only smallish nations rebuilding goes slow. At the same time parts of the Karma side have created a solid bloc around what currently is called The Citadel.

6 months from now: NPO starts application process to "Neo-Citadel"

10 months from now: NPO gets in.

Forever from now: same !@#$, other people.

that is also a rather flawed deduction.

3 points to consider:

1) NPO already HAS 16 of their top 20 in peace mode, it's not as if we can hack those and force them to come out..... (note this was NOT a statement that i would wish something like that)

2) Even if my nation was ZIed today i would be back at 4999.99 within a day simply because i have that much money saved up and already own all the relevant improvements and a sizeable amount of wonders, i'd imagine NPO is much the same. That does not imply that they can recover to pre-war levels immediatly, but they will recover simply because not everything is destroyed in war. The only thing they need to recover is infra, land and tech. It will take time but not nearly as much as you seem to think.

3) Karma is not in any way close to being a solid Block and it likely won't be in the near future either. NPO's chance will come again when Karma starts warring among itself (as it should be, if our goal was to "win" the game and make a unified block which can never be challenged frankly i'd quit today since i dont see where the fun would be in that scenario).

Don't get me wrong, i think Pacifica will pay, but so have many other alliances in the past and they have also recovered (MK paid an absurd amount of reps not even a year ago and now look where they are). As long as their 900 players stay loyal they will recover in time simply because of their size.

Not as planned...

Let me be the first to say, this thread was a bad idea. My thought was to stimulate discussion and I instead subjected myself to the ire of everyone on this board.

Ah well...Live and Learn, as they say.

Requesting Moderator Lock of this thread.

Not as planned...

Let me be the first to say, this thread was a bad idea. My thought was to stimulate discussion and I instead subjected myself to the ire of everyone on this board.

Ah well...Live and Learn, as they say.

Requesting Moderator Lock of this thread.

Maybe if you'd not claimed to favor either side, and then blatantly did you'd have stimulated a discussion. That and the fact you did favor one side over another would quite obviously result in one outcome.

@ Bolded part: I don't think you were the first :P

I think your strength calculations are a little unrealistic.

They needed 3 years to go from 0 to 20 Million + NS, even if they get peace there is NO chance at all they can be at 50 Million in May 2010.

At the OP: I think this thread isn't more or less stupid than other threads, questions can't be stupid answers are. But in the current political climate, it is understandable that people don't like these kind of threads. If you lose against the NPO war after war for over 2 years it is quite understandable that they want to get rid of them.

Edited by Baden-Württemberg

The boy has a point, if his figures don't.

NPO aren't here because they got bad at what they do. They got here mostly from not being able to stem the flood of ennui that built up and was then released.

What the NPO do best is play the long game and revenge.

If NPO wins, then they're in a target rich environment revenge wise, particularly as some alliances will be trying to increase their stock by helping out against the unfortunate revengees. I don't know if NPO would get everyone back. Major players in the 'revolt' really have mud in their custard though.

If NPO lose.... much the same over a longer period of time. NPO have done it before, take my word for it. Now, I know Karma will also learn from that, but I really don't see anyone on Karma side who can play the game as well as NPO does.

Add to that, that with NPO temporarily out of the pic there is going to be a big hole with No 1 Alliance written all other it. Sure, 'we're all in it together' will suffice for wartime and shortly after victory, but there is only one seat at the top and more than one bottom to fill it, so to speak.

I don't know how this war going to end. It's NPO in survival mode + anger vs Revenge + Real fear of the consequences of losing. Who will blink first? No idea. Fun though.

However it ends, give it one year or two and I think, and it is only a guess, that some people are going to find life uncomfortable.

Edited by Hymenbreach

They're declaring in support of Pacifica/MCXA/AssortedOtherAlliances. As for the alliances that are entering on your side, I look forward to the DoWs.

So, the DoWs have come and the mighty IRON now has Gremlins to deal with. Still thinking you have the advantage?

you are forgetting how many members NPO has. To get to 12mill we need to knock their avg. NS down to 13k. Considering that they are at 21k now after already dropping a ton, i do not think it is realistic to get them far below 12mill unless their members start deserting (remember they have 125 nations in peace mode).

The question is how much they have to loose before they start honest surrender negotiations, but i think loosing nearly 50% of their NS would do it...

that is also a rather flawed deduction.

3 points to consider:

1) NPO already HAS 16 of their top 20 in peace mode, it's not as if we can hack those and force them to come out..... (note this was NOT a statement that i would wish something like that)

2) Even if my nation was ZIed today i would be back at 4999.99 within a day simply because i have that much money saved up and already own all the relevant improvements and a sizeable amount of wonders, i'd imagine NPO is much the same. That does not imply that they can recover to pre-war levels immediatly, but they will recover simply because not everything is destroyed in war. The only thing they need to recover is infra, land and tech. It will take time but not nearly as much as you seem to think.

3) Karma is not in any way close to being a solid Block and it likely won't be in the near future either. NPO's chance will come again when Karma starts warring among itself (as it should be, if our goal was to "win" the game and make a unified block which can never be challenged frankly i'd quit today since i dont see where the fun would be in that scenario).

Don't get me wrong, i think Pacifica will pay, but so have many other alliances in the past and they have also recovered (MK paid an absurd amount of reps not even a year ago and now look where they are). As long as their 900 players stay loyal they will recover in time simply because of their size.

Well I just pulled that out of my $@! without really doing any proper "analysis". The point was to show that anyone can make stupid theories like that, which would still be more probable than the one in OP. And I understand and knew your points beforehands, I wrote my theory in 5 mins or so without really considering anything :P

No offence to OP though, live and learn applies to Cybernations too.

I'm not convinced, it all depends on the terms you guys end up slamming us with, and how much humiliation you subject us to with said terms.

To be honest I just don't see us as an alliance as the vindictive type.

Funniest read ever? Discuss.

Don't beg, just differ.

As for what you're actually saying - Pacifica is more than just an alliance. We are a community that has existed since before this game did.

Being geriatric and having to restock your supply of Depends adult undergarments weekly does not make you cool.

lolcat-funny-picture-parental-block-cat.jpg

Edit: Double post is double. This marks my only bad move ever! Don't count on seeing another one.

Edited by Banned

Regardless of outcome, terms and post war happenings, NPO as a whole has the largest amount of economic wonders and improvements in the game, they should be able to rebuild faster than the fist time, how much faster? Who knows.

And for everyone comparing this to GW1, all of the people making decisions in the leading alliances have the information not to make the same mistakes, the game has clearly evolved since then. In thinking of creative surrender terms, making losing alliances into the GPA for a set period of time would be a decent one. Also, harsh terms were payed out in the last GW, I suspect we'll see worse before the end.