One tC Leader's Account of the War

Anu Drake

Most people who leave due to RL stress tend to come back when that stress let's up or when they just get bored. o= I hope you will do the same, Anu, despite my often disagreeing with you. You were and are a key member of the community and I'm sure you will be missed. If nothing else, this war seems as though it will last a while and by the end of it you may not be experiencing the same amount of pressure, atleast I hope not. At that point I hope you reconsider.

Goodbye for now, Anu. ;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IC or OOC, whichever you prefer: You will get your chance, as I have also told Balder and Kevin McDonald. Thats all I have to say about it in this thread, unless you wish to have a chat with me. My apologies if this is not what you were referring to, but I am certain it is.

Yep :awesome:

I'll consider my grudged to be satisfied IC the moment either you or NATO surrenders, though. I've carried it long enough, I think.

"The opposition is always more organized than the establishment."

Without trying to take any side over the other, I think NPO failed to win the war of propaganda and sway the minds of the people, letting those who felt serious animosity have their way in setting the "tone" of the conflict. In every populace you have people who have first hand experience and then you have an even larger number of people who take those experiences as their own. In my younger years I would have referred to them as sheep, but they're really just people who accept other's opinions for which they have no personal counter-evidence.

I'm sure there are quite a number of people spouting some of the most hateful rhetoric, that if you were to ask them, actually never had been slighted by the NPO or it's allies. They simply accepted the characterization of oppressor vs. oppressed and joined the crowd.

I think what NPO failed to do was counter-act the growing public sentiment. Plus, they did not coordinated with their allies and build on a community of trust.

"Every actor is the hero in their own play and every story espoused to explain the current events will be to the benefit of the storyteller."

*Edit: Also, good luck, Anu Drake, hope you come back soon.

Edited by Kzoppistan

How did you send a message to the NPO if you canceled and then defended them anyway? That's like bending your child over your knee for a spanking, then taking them off your knee and saying, "Now that was going to hurt wasn't it? Be good now ok?". It just doesn't work that way.

That's assuming I believe that "lesson" crap coming from your corner anyway.

All I'm hearing in this thread is nothing but lies and spin. You left NPO out to dry in order to try and save your own $@!. When you realized that wouldn't save you and would only serve to further ostracize you, you ran back to NPO with tails between your legs.

I personally wouldn't have accepted your help if I was Moo. That's why I'm leaving the game and going out nuking you cowards. You are the ones that deserve the real damage. Enemies you expect this kind of stuff from. Supposed friends you do not. You take advantage of Pacifica's strength when its valuable to you, but when it comes time to put your infra on the line you run like the swine you are.

Make NO mistake. Your alliances are done for. One way or another. If Karma wins they will see to it that you are !@#$@#$ put down like dogs. If NPO comes out of this victorious they won't soon forget your betrayal and they will come for vengeance. I've been in the private channels, I know exactly how Pacificas gov feels about your actions and they won't be letting you off.

Your time and relevance in CN are over you spineless cowards.

Anu,

It has been an honor serving under your leadership. If we must must exist this world, then let us do so in a way that makes us immortal. For CN shall remember us as those that stayed the barbarian assault at Thermopylae. We, we very few shall recall the day we chose to cease an internet institution rather than plod on within it without honor, loyalty, or trust. We happy few not only accept our bleak fate. We embrace and welcome it as a badge as to how we live our real lives. Some things are more important than the plodding existence of a mere mortal's life. For lives are taken by a mere fleeting stroke of the scythe of the Reaper. The Reaper can decide our life and death, but he cannot take our honor nor can he control our manner in which we accept our inevitable doom. That is of our control and our decision. In War, only when we have accepted our inevitable end can we contemplate our possible new beginnings. I will go down fighting, and when I fall, I will follow Anu at the Wars conclusion as the game will not be worth playing without NATO and people like Anu. Thank you Anu for your leadership, and for your tireless work in making NATO all it could be. As for your exit, as U2 once said, "I Will Follow." But know that "we few, we merry few" tried to stand for continuity over chaos. Soveriegnty over insolvency. Good luck to those who follow our reign, your shoes to fill are large...

Good night and good luck...

Didn't you just do the very same thing and apply to Poison Clan?

I did the opposite. I left in order to lose some infra. And no I didn't apply to PC. I said "hey CTB, I'm gonna hit TPF. I'll join up with you for the war if you declare them too." and he was all like "that's what we're planning" and magic was made.

Unlike them I have no intentions of playing this game ever again once the wars are over. I'm not trying to save my nation, I'm trying to expedite its departure while nuking some turds on the way out.

Edited by Crohl

I have been suspecting something like this for 1-2 days now.

I am deeply saddened, because I was hoping we could fight Q /1V/Allies at their full power, when they are fully organised. I hoped we would meet and battle, and I hoped that the best side one.

This was has been pretty depressing any way you look at it, but I respect and support NATO along with every alliances that supported NPO. Except GDA - they are the one alliance who looked like they really did bail. But I can forgive them as they came back, so it's ok.

Much love Anu Drake. We may meet you in battle, but peace will prevail in the end.

You take advantage of Pacifica's strength when its valuable to you, but when it comes time to put your infra on the line you run like the swine you are.

Political expediency is one helluva way to make and break treaties, but it garners no respect.

I swear that's been said before many times.

I will say, however, that the mass cancellation was the dumbest move that you could have done. It seriously damaged morale in the alliances allied to the Continuum alliances and made it even harder for us to rally our members for war. It opened us up to questions about why were are defending "these cowards" when they don't have the guts to defend the NPO when it's being blitzed. That was a dumb call indeed.

I will say, however, that the mass cancellation was the dumbest move that you could have done. It seriously damaged morale in the alliances allied to the Continuum alliances and made it even harder for us to rally our members for war. It opened us up to questions about why were are defending "these cowards" when they don't have the guts to defend the NPO when it's being blitzed. That was a dumb call indeed.

This, and IC I agree with Crohl

good luck Anu

All I'm hearing in this thread is nothing but lies and spin. You left NPO out to dry in order to try and save your own $@!. When you realized that wouldn't save you and would only serve to further ostracize you, you ran back to NPO with tails between your legs.

I personally wouldn't have accepted your help if I was Moo. That's why I'm leaving the game and going out nuking you cowards. You are the ones that deserve the real damage. Enemies you expect this kind of stuff from. Supposed friends you do not. You take advantage of Pacifica's strength when its valuable to you, but when it comes time to put your infra on the line you run like the swine you are.

Your time and relevance in CN are over you spineless cowards.

That sounds unmistakeably like NPO. heh. just replace Polaris wherever NPO/Pacifica are and Pacifica whereever you/your and we have what Pacifica did last war. go figure, Karma truly is a !@#$%* ain't it. At least your supposed allies came back to fight with you and not just leave you to be completely stomped and then try and impose a ruler that Pacifica likes amongst other secret terms.

you have no room to !@#$%* Crohl when you eagerly trolled Polaris before and after the war and then praised and hailed Polaris when the treaty was signed. You are no better than any of the alliances you call out here, in fact, i would state you are far, far worse.

Yeah, the dropping of treaties should never be resorted to when trying to send a message to someone you supposedly still consider a friend. I am honestly sorry to see that such happened to NPO. No matter which side you play on, when you go into such conflict you are making your plans based on what allies are supposed to be there with you. I doubt NPO would have went after OV like they did if they knew that TORN would back out on them and that all the others would drop treaties rather then simply state their displeasure and lack of support during This war. Instead they saw cancellations which Should mean that they never again support NPO which is Way over the top. It was wrong no matter which way it gets explained.

lolwut. I'm Valhalla's marshal and I can assure you that we were always going to defend NPO.

You, sir, are lying.

[01:57] <@Topgun{BAPS}> Whats valhalla's stance?

[01:58] <@Imperial> Legion stands with you, I hope Valhalla will reconsider their position as well

[02:03] <&Doctor_Fresh[MCXA]> Valhalla is going to re-think this and possibly come join us as well

[03:20] <&ironchef> CJ is working on his members

[03:20] <&Moo-cows> until it changes

[03:20] <&ironchef> yep

[03:20] <&Moo-cows> he can't be here

[03:21] <&ironchef> I will take all the IRON and Valhalla masks on the war forum

Edited by pezstar