One tC Leader's Account of the War

Anu Drake

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you for the most part. Thank you for the clarification on the cancellations, it's unfortunate that you didn't make your reasoning known ahead of time, or at least just have added a simple statement to indicate that it wasn't an attempt to abandon the war and that you would be honoring Q, 1V, and the cancellation periods.

I think the Karma thing is fair, as long as people don't get too rapped up in it OOC. Q, NPO, etc. have punished people before for IC grievances. We are doing the same. That doesn't mean we can't all acknowledge it's a game. I applaud you for seeing this and keeping a clear mind OOC.

I don't want to see players quitting over this. Being on the losing and smaller side isn't that bad. It can even be fun, I know from experience. :)

I'm tired of watching you guys play victim on your way out.

Karma is dishing out what is righteous retribution to those who our words could not compel. The old way of operating, hopefully ends with the attacks on OV and the betrayal on both sides of the allies of NPO and NPO to it's allies. Empty PR stunts, diplomatic manouevers aimed at isolating an alliance who has done nothing for a curbstomp, harsh surrender terms or none at all.

Spin faster.

Anu: I'm sorry to see you leave, and I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better. Adios, amigo.

Edited by James Dahl

Well I'm blind already so that sounds fair to me.

Evidently

Why is that? My emotional involvement in the game allows me to have a geniune smirk at times like these.

Pitiful. Comments like this make me wonder why 'karma', a reward for doing good things, was chosen rather than 'angry mob'. Luckily, I know that there are some people in your movement who genuinely deserve respect.

Anyway, my personal feelings are that Anu Drake leaving is a sad thing. Good luck in RL.

Anu Drake

I remember the days as a rookie in Ragnarok, your name was one spoken with respect and smiles. I remember those days. I remember learning the history of Ragnarok and the protection that NATO extended to Ragnarok. As someone that has the honor of leading Ragnarok today, i wish to extend my heartfelt gratitude and my hand to you in farewell.

Whatever the status of the relationship between our two alliances on this day, you Anu Drake, have my respect. Not just for the past, but also for the present, where by your words you helped us avert what would indeed have been a sad event.

Farewell Anu Drake. May you find joy wherever you go.

As Continuum started to lose members, of course we saw the threat that was developing. We knew where it was coming from and why. We had multiple opportunities to eliminate the risk with various CBs, but chose not to so as not to feed in to the Vox stereotype.

Wow. Someone actually cared what Vox had to say? And it was you?

Letting that reliquary of failures influence your decision-making may have been a mistake.

Well, one part of this I know I can believe is the part where Anu says NPO leadership would not share information with NATO. In my limited experience NPO leadership hates to share information and does expect not only their membership to just blindly follow their will but it also seems now they expected that of their allies.

If you were about sending a statement about that you could have done that in a much better way then the dropping of individual treaties. The reason why MHA was hailed is because they made a clear and concise statement about why they wouldnt be backing NPO aggression but there was no treaty drop. Maybe that is due to the cancellation terms but that really doesnt matter. What matters is theirs came off as genuine. The rest of Q dropping their individual treaties was way over the top if it was truly as you state. That is why it is hard to believe that it was just about sending a message to NPO. IF that is the truth though, I do hope they get the message and begin to treat their members and allies better. Won't believe it till I see it though.

I could have sworn that NATO, NPO, and others were stating exactly the same thing Karma is stating now, when Polaris was hit. something bout long time coming, karma, and a massive propaganda attack/smear campaign on Polaris happened for a long time prior to Polaris being attacked.

but now it is oh so wrong Anu? what makes it different than what happened to Polaris last year? is it because now, it is happening to you?

heh. so now Moo is the new ES and you and the others are complaining......

sorry, i have absolutely no sympathy towards you or NPO and feel no pity or remorse for what is happening to you.

Anu, with all due respect (as i always kind of liked you), you can't come and claim Q to be some sort of victim in all this after everything that happened.

As long as some people use their power at the expense of others the fact that some do not approve of this is an entirely normal reaction, and as far as i can see the ones who always fueled this circle of hate was NPO (i.e. "in before ebil comments"). Whenever people used to say that throwing someone out of the game was right the most expected reaction that was shown was of the "we're better than you" sort or "we're unfairly being portrayed as bad because what we do is actually for our good and everyone has to agree with it"

And as for Q, well it was basically an attempt to make an in-game function completely useless - namely war. By creating a majority all freedom of thought was more or less opressed and everyone was supposed to approve with everyone else's decisions and show a great big smile afterwards - of course this built up a !@#$ load of tensions and frustrations among players and they did need to be evacuated at one point or another. Everything you're seeing as trolling on the forums right now is the result of a looong time buildup.

Anyway i hope you'll reconsider leaving the game and such. Good luck :)

A great post Anu.

There was no military objective to it, just a political one (and internal at that). We were always going to defend Pacifica, and it was always going to be last night after we knew who had responded to their war. Nobody changed their minds about their commitment to tC and we certainly did not see the response to our announcement as anything unexpected, or take it into account in our war planning.

^also this really can't be stressed enough.

If everyone was sticking with NPO, why were mhawk and chefjoe abandoning their alliances to fight for what they believed until Valhalla and TPF did an about-face?

lolwut. I'm Valhalla's marshal and I can assure you that we were always going to defend NPO.

To some of your points I can agree with, and understand your sentiment. I do not, however, believe that you all intended on backing Pacifica up. It took the balls of GGA (lol that GGA had more balls than the rest of you) and MCXA to get all of you to come back into this. I'm glad you can finally fess up that the NPO might deserve what it's getting, however stating that you always intended to have their back in this was is foolish. Lolpsec on both sides of this fails harder than barakady and Walford put together.

But, as this is a goodbye thread I will not blather on about who's right and who's wrong. Anu, I once considered you a great ally. You were an awesome person to be allied to. I think that power got to your head. When TPF asked you to betray Atlantis you did so without even a mention as to why. You stabbed us in the back just like the MHA did by kicking us off of Aqua. That was an IC betrayal I could never make terms with. NATO and Atlantis were beyond close for a long time, and to quickly betray them for the lap of another was a disgusting IC move that still makes me enjoy seeing your name in the nuclear news reports. Moving beyond that, I am sure you were an excellent ally to your current hegemonic friends and are in general a good person. I wish you luck in your next endeavors whether they include CyberNations or not.

Great read, Anu.

I think it is clear that Q lost the image/propaganda war. Say something long enough, loud enough, and people start believing it. That was clearly the case with the efforts of Vox. But, there was never even a halfhearted effort by Continuum to counter the misinformation being promulgated. Q always just shrugged things off.

Maybe if you live in safe ivory towers long enough, you lose track of what is going on down below. In this instance, the Continuum tower was too high up for Q leaders to realize that the rabble was chipping away at the tower foundation. The realization only came when the tower came crashing down.

Good luck to Anu and NATO. Great people.

Great read, Anu.

I think it is clear that Q lost the image/propaganda war. Say something long enough, loud enough, and people start believing it. That was clearly the case with the efforts of Vox. But, there was never even a halfhearted effort by Continuum to counter the misinformation being promulgated. Q always just shrugged things off.

Maybe if you live in safe ivory towers long enough, you lose track of what is going on down below. In this instance, the Continuum tower was too high up for Q leaders to realize that the rabble was chipping away at the tower foundation. The realization only came when the tower came crashing down.

Good luck to Anu and NATO. Great people.

you imply that what was said were lies..... how gullible of you.

anyways, since i forgot to do this in my first post in this thread. have fun in RL Anu.

Thanks for the well wishes and for the ill wishes, I'll cherish them both equally.

A bit of clarification:

I'm not leaving because of this war, it was always going to happen at the end of my current term. The RL stuff is about 80 hours of week of work and 2 sons under 5 years old. I've been paying too much attention to CN and work, have to cut one out.

I didn't intend to play tC as a victim. We made a lot of mistakes, and we should have done things differently. But we also prevented a lot of wars through diplomacy and some of the propaganda is overblown. The point of listing what was happening was to present real events as I saw them unfold. My perspective may not be the same as other people's.

Yes, I reap what I sow. I was one of the primary drivers behind the wars against Illuminati and NoV, both of whom are now gone. But both were given ample opportunity to negotiate (at least with me). I helped NATO recover from four major break off alliances, all of whom have done well and each time we stood resilient.

/ok, gone from here now. Too bad there's no lock requests on these. Please, someone start talking about fake bows.

DK, I'll miss you the most. (outside of NATO of course)

I feel no pity for you. You held no reluctance when it came to smashing weaker alliances at NPO's demand. Nor do I believe your lies that you cancelled NPO's treaties to get their attention, nor that you initially planned on defending them. The only reason you are helping them now is because of the political fallout that would have been attached to NATO should you have continued to run away.

Nonetheless it is sad to see a player go. Good luck.

The only reason you are helping them now is because of the political fallout that would have been attached to NATO should you have continued to run away.

So, a guy leaving the game is concerned with political fallout? Makes sense.

If Dilber leaves if you leave, I can only advocate that you leave this game as soon as possible. You are a good speaker, but you lack any insight into other aspects of this game. Finding a CB to elimate a precieved threat is honourable? You can standby and advocate the suppression of peoples that were obviously not threats to Q or any of its allies?

As the leader of GATO exactly one year ago, I cannot help but be extremely happy that NPO and anyone who supports them is being warred against. There was absolutly no reason or threat that warrented the nearly 1 year war/occupation of my alliance. However, I am also quite happy that they other "Karma" side is also being hit, many there have committed the same atrocities that NPO and her allies have. NpO you abandoned your ToF under pressure from NPO just weeks before they DoW on you.

To take from Moo, May admin have mercy on your nations for I do not care, so long as as much damage is inflicted on each side of the war as possible

*sits happily in popcorn mode*