One tC Leader's Account of the War

Anu Drake

Hosting for one year at assimilator.org: $120

Monthly broadband internet connection: $50

Providing the evidence to catch someone in a bald faced lie: priceless

I'm not even sure why anyone would bother lying about that. There are not all that many alliances who are not involved in this one way or that other. Those who canceled know what happened, and thanks to you, Karma has known for a couple of days as well. As such, what's the point? To convince those few people not involved in the war?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even sure why anyone would bother lying about that. There are not all that many alliances who are not involved in this one way or that other. Those who canceled know what happened, and thanks to you, Karma has known for a couple of days as well. As such, what's the point? To convince those few people not involved in the war?

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

The scorpion replied, "It's my nature."

In reality, the six members of tC that canceled our individual MADPs with NPO did so as a statement about their lack of presence and input, and disregard for the opinions of their remaining Continuum allies. We did it as an attempt to wake them up to the danger of the current situation, for them and for all tied to them.

To be honest, I find it very difficult to believe that you really thought those actions would have the desired effect without the potential for massive damage on a multitude of other levels.

OOC- I wish you all the best in your RL endeavours.

We were always going to defend Pacifica, and it was always going to be last night after we knew who had responded to their war.

Funny that, seeing as theres a set of logs floating around with DrFresh trying to get as many alliances together to mount a counterattack, practically begging them.

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

The scorpion replied, "It's my nature."

So sayeth the Sponge. Nice Fable there, ES.

Funny that, seeing as theres a set of logs floating around with DrFresh trying to get as many alliances together to mount a counterattack, practically begging them.

You mean this set of logs?

http://fileserv.assimilator.org/hegemony.txt

Edited by Electron Sponge

Some of the individual tC leaders may have known it, but I don't believe that midlevel tC government or any government in non tC alliances knew that that was the plan.

The top guy in MCXA certainly didn't know, as evidenced by the logs posted by Electron Sponge.

The top guy in Valhalla didn't know. Read the logs. Also, read their initial war declaration.

In fact... top government in nearly every alliance that canceled on NPO was in #hegemony and are represented in the logs that Sponge shared with us.

They did not intend to defend NPO. There is hard and fast evidence that proves this. You can continue to claim otherwise, however you're either grossly misinformed or flat out lying.

The top guy in MCXA certainly didn't know, as evidenced by the logs posted by Electron Sponge.

The top guy in Valhalla didn't know. Read the logs. Also, read their initial war declaration.

In fact... top government in nearly every alliance that canceled on NPO was in #hegemony and are represented in the logs that Sponge shared with us.

They did not intend to defend NPO. There is hard and fast evidence that proves this. You can continue to claim otherwise, however you're either grossly misinformed or flat out lying.

I think we can all agree that pezstar has won the thread.

I still look forward to seeing the spin though.

Hey guys we're all about to get stomped.

Wanna buy some tech?

[02:11] <@Cortath> I am the IO of Technology Affairs for the New Pacific Order.

[02:12] <@Cortath> Given the present conflict and how it is top-heavy for the NPO, I expect that we will have a seller surplus, including those of our allies selling through us through the Watling Compact.

[02:16] <@Cortath> Hey, party people.

[02:16] <@Cortath> The NPO expects to have surplus tech. Any alliances want to buy craploads upon craplods of tech?

[02:16] <@Timitz> ill take it for free

[02:16] <@Timitz> :P

[02:16] <&Turetel[FEAR]> lol

[02:16] <@JWConner[VA]> free tech?

[02:17] <@Cortath> No. To sell.

[02:21] <@Cortath> So...in all seriousness...

[02:21] <&Bob_Sanders> $%&@ I'm probably never buying tech again

[02:21] <@Cortath> I know that alliances are always tech hungry...

[02:21] <@Cortath> The NPO just became the largest tech selling alliance on the face of Bob.

[02:42] <@Cortath> So, hey, just trying to gauge interest here, again...

[02:43] <@Cortath> Does anyone think any alliances would be interesting in purchasing tech? We're going to have a huge surplus, and I know people always want it.

[03:29] <@Cortath-away> Timitz, I'm turning, but if you're around, see if you rattle up any ECON people.

[03:29] <@Cortath-away> War needs coordination, but so does money and tech, and we would do well not to neglect either.

You'd think they'd give Cortath something more productive to do with his time.

Hey guys we're all about to get stomped.

Wanna buy some tech?

You will be fine Doitzy.

...and sure, how about $1 a unit...I'm a bit short on cash at the moment.

Actually the questions I had concerned TPFs initial willingness to stand with Pacifica in this war, and reading the comments from both Desp and Edi, I am glad to see that despite Mr Hawks selfless act of trying to spare TPF from ultimate doom, we were always committed to honoring the Mobius Accords. It was the wish of membership.......and we made that clear to everyone in that room.

You will be fine Doitzy.

...and sure, how about $1 a unit...I'm a bit short on cash at the moment.

Actually the questions I had concerned TPFs initial willingness to stand with Pacifica in this war, and reading the comments from both Desp and Edi, I am glad to see that despite Mr Hawks selfless act of trying to spare TPF from ultimate doom, we were always committed to honoring the Mobius Accords. It was the wish of membership.......and we made that clear to everyone in that room.

It was clear in our forums after mhawk posted his resignation...we wanted to fight. Mhawk returned and ruined my plan to go rogue on people on the other side.

It was clear in our forums after mhawk posted his resignation...we wanted to fight. Mhawk returned and ruined my plan to go rogue on people on the other side.

I know what it said in our forums.

I did the opposite. I left in order to lose some infra. And no I didn't apply to PC. I said "hey CTB, I'm gonna hit TPF. I'll join up with you for the war if you declare them too." and he was all like "that's what we're planning" and magic was made.

Unlike them I have no intentions of playing this game ever again once the wars are over. I'm not trying to save my nation, I'm trying to expedite its departure while nuking some turds on the way out.

Crohl, I am going to miss you. PM me your email we have to stay in touch.

Anu,

Your frustrations are understandable, I know how much you've put into tC and your care for NPO. But I hope that you'll give yourself time and stick around. Things are going to be interesting after the war, and CN would benefit from having you in it. I can say for me personally that I've just pushed through burnout and have really enjoyed the challenge of a new approach.

If not, it has been a pleasure working with you, and I wish you all the best in the future, Anu.