One tC Leader's Account of the War

Anu Drake

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one part of this I know I can believe is the part where Anu says NPO leadership would not share information with NATO. In my limited experience NPO leadership hates to share information and does expect not only their membership to just blindly follow their will but it also seems now they expected that of their allies.

If you were about sending a statement about that you could have done that in a much better way then the dropping of individual treaties. The reason why MHA was hailed is because they made a clear and concise statement about why they wouldnt be backing NPO aggression but there was no treaty drop. Maybe that is due to the cancellation terms but that really doesnt matter. What matters is theirs came off as genuine. The rest of Q dropping their individual treaties was way over the top if it was truly as you state. That is why it is hard to believe that it was just about sending a message to NPO. IF that is the truth though, I do hope they get the message and begin to treat their members and allies better. Won't believe it till I see it though.

There's also a big difference between not backing a MDP partner when they start an aggressive war and not backing a MADP partner when they start an aggressive war. The latter requires entry into a situation like this, the former does not. You should not sign MADP's with anyone unless you're absolutely committed to roll with them in any situation.

We were always going to defend Pacifica, and it was always going to be last night after we knew who had responded to their war. Nobody changed their minds about their commitment to tC and we certainly did not see the response to our announcement as anything unexpected, or take it into account in our war planning.

What a steaming load. If you planned to honour your treaties all along, what of TPF's comical display? Was that all planned too?

But stop with this BS of Pacifica and Continuum evil. Yes, it whips up the crowds, but in the end what does it do to the community? If the powers that be are taken down, what kind of negativity will replace it?

Another steaming load. IC you are you evil. OOC you are griefers that have spent the past year destroying this game's community. A whole year (maybe longer) of total boredom while you pushed everyone down, dictated who could and who could not play, extorted players for their RL property, and cheesed up the forums with your hideous toilet bowl signatures. You ruined this community and now we're taking it back.

If you want a more clear-cut example of the negativity, just look at the praise and joy that came form MHA and TOP leaving tC, then compare it to the threads about the remaining members canceling our treaties on NPO.

So? This is war. MHA and TOP left Q before it and because we knew we'd be going to war with Q, we were happy they left. After the war started, the rest of NPO's allies abandoned her and because we believe in upholding treaties, you were rightly derided for not.

Yeah, there's negativity during a war. What did you expect?

God, what a sorry display. It seems to be a theme among Q leaders recently. You dished it out for months and now that you're getting a heaping tablespoon of your own medicine you come on here whining and moaning. And now you're going to quit because you can't stand on top of the world and bully us anymore.

Edited by Sal Paradise

There's no hate, etc. that's being directed toward yourself and Q; quite clearly, you have tied yourselves to a group of people who have been doing many things that have been costing this game players, excitement, and fair play.

Now, there is finally a mechanism to combat you guys in-game; CN has woken up and realized that it can change things and doesn't have to accept the status quo. The war against OV was the final straw; its not like all of these alliances pre-planned this revolution. Sure, I imagine that something like this has been in the works for a few months but that would have involved a very few.

People are, quite plainly, sick of the shenanigans and want to enjoy CN without being PZI'd, EZI'd, declared on for stupid reasons, prohibited from enjoying themselves, and prohibited from playing by the powerful.

Admin himself said that we have to find an in-game solution to this problem; we have.

If you choose to bail instead of reaping what you have sowed than that's your prerogative; personally, I think you're going to be missing the most exciting times in CN that have been experienced since its first year.

We were always going to defend Pacifica, and it was always going to be last night after we knew who had responded to their war. Nobody changed their minds about their commitment to tC and we certainly did not see the response to our announcement as anything unexpected, or take it into account in our war planning.

Whether or not NATO was always planning on defending NPO, I know for a fact that for most of your allies that statement is an out and out lie. You were honestly planning on bailing on NPO and you only did a 180 when you realized that chickening out wouldn't save your skins in the longrun.

This is just a game however, and I wish you good luck in RL.

1. You can not drop your treaties on an eve of war to send your ally messages. I do not know what you were thinking, how that could work to produce anything positive or constructive. The more rationalization I hear about it, the more it becomes dumber and seemingly an attempt at covering a clear case of cold feat and taking an PR orchestrated stunt from the coalition formed to destroy NPO as an excuse to run away.

I do so believe that even they were shocked their stunt worked the lengths it did, actually being "too" successful.

2. This game was always hateful. Your pleas will fall on deaf ears. Me personally always tried to keep it IC as it is only IC for me, and majority of players from all sides which are vocal. But there will be always a strong minority of not so matured. Kids, Internet, etc.

I wish you well man, take care :)

Why are people quitting over this?

You gave props to Vox. You gave us credit for moving the community. We did that with nothing. It would be interesting for Q to come out of this war as a defeated bloc trying to rebuild, like League out of GWII.

Ah well.

You just made my day. Thanks for taking this so seriously.

There is leaving and then there is leaving. I can relate to some of the feelings players are evincing as of late. When the world seems to shift radically, it is easy to say that your era has past and that anything that matters will be gone from the game.

But if in your heart, you know that your actions are really game motivated, then I'd hold off on deleting your nation- I deleted mine once when my alliance disbanded after the NPO "won" the game. And although I am glad that the NAAC did not have to live through the same decline that GATO and Legion have suffered. I regularly regret that I am not Arctic any longer and that the only reminder of Mackinac is a screenshot in a shrine that a friend set up for it.

I am not saying that it is bad being Quercus, all I am saying is that there some things that you can't undo. I have always felt that the people who were serious about leaving simply left without a word or a backward glance. That is why anytime I take the time to read one of these post, whether it is friend or foe, I try to talk them out of it. When the war ends, step back from your responsibilities and think on it. Maybe a few months will be enough to recharge your batteries and inspire you to have another go at it.

Best wishes,

Q

There is leaving and then there is leaving. I can relate to some of the feelings players are evincing as of late. When the world seems to shift radically, it is easy to say that your era has past and that anything that matters will be gone from the game.

But if in your heart, you know that your actions are really game motivated, then I'd hold off on deleting your nation- I deleted mine once when my alliance disbanded after the NPO "won" the game. And although I am glad that the NAAC did not have to live through the same decline that GATO and Legion have suffered. I regularly regret that I am not Arctic any longer and that the only reminder of Mackinac is a screenshot in a shrine that a friend set up for it.

I am not saying that it is bad being Quercus, all I am saying is that there some things that you can't undo. I have always felt that the people who were serious about leaving simply left without a word or a backward glance. That is why anytime I take the time to read one of these post, whether it is friend or foe, I try to talk them out of it. When the war ends, step back from your responsibilities and think on it. Maybe a few months will be enough to recharge your batteries and inspire you to have another go at it.

Best wishes,

Q

I haven't played actively except for spurts of a week or two for the past 7 months. This makes me want to play again.

IC: Lies. All of it. NATO learned nothing from the UJW and I have seen it first hand. You threw alliances under the bus on a whim to please the powers that be and you know it. You set your alliance up to be nothing more than lackies and are widely considered the aquatic GGA at this point and time ... and it's well deserved.

OOC: It was never personal for me. Having grudges and enemies in the game is part of the fun as long as it is never taken too far, and I for one never took it to that point. In game, I think you're a backstabber and toadie of the highest order. Out of the game, I think you're a good guy and you will be missed. I hope you find time to come back one day ... and I seriously mean that.