Imperial Decree

Like say, the respect they showed for LoSS in their treaty cancellation?

And I know, I know, Bigwoody apologized for it, but it was still posted on a public forum.

But alas, this thread isn't about TORN, it's about NPO. It's about a CB that a blind man could see through. It's about the Q and their fat allies finally getting too $@y and crossing a line. And it's about the punishment they are about to receive for the years of double standards and unjustified attacks.

All I have to do is look inside my own alliances cancellation with TORN topic to see a similar lack of respect bubble out. It happens. Situations get tense and emotions flare where they shouldn't and as you pointed out apologies were given.

But you're right, this is about the NPO more than TORN. Which will probably lead me to another opinion to share that might not be so popular either. I have yet to have any sort of extended talk with anyone from the New Pacific Order that I wouldn't call cordial, friendly, or even just plain fun. I'm only bringing that point up because I hear such outcry for blood and vengeance. Same as before, I won't say you're right or wrong, as I've never walked in your shoes so to speak. The only thing that concerns me is the danger that some face. If you're crying out for blood over past injustice, I doubt you want to become the same thing you now rage against.

Again, this is all the rambling of an old drunkard. Each and every one of you needs to find and follow your own path in life.

/and hi there Dahl

Edited by King DrunkWino

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that four of fives things blamed on the NPO are not the fault of NPO. I also believe that NPO's outstanding political machine reaps the benefits of this mentality.

Pacifica did not get to where it is today by being stupid and reactionary; they got to number one because they had absolutely brilliant leadership, cunning politics, dedicated members, well planned diplomacy and outstanding friends.

Many alliances benefited greatly from their treaties with Pacifica and vice versa.

In that regard I have defended Pacifica on a number of occasions to acquaintances of mine.

Now I am confused.

I do not understand the motives here nor do I understand the lack of foresight.

Even if Pacifica truly feels their CB to be legitimate (which I do not believe) they must have forseen the consequences and the negative impact these actions would have on their reputation....

I suppose they've fallen victim to the killer of so many giants: hubris.

The times, they are a-changin'

Like say, the respect they showed for LoSS in their treaty cancellation?

To be honest, I can't blame TORN for being pissed at LoSS. I was in NpO when LoSS voted not to defend us, so we canceled the treaty outright. I know how TORN felt going through that, especially Hannah having to go through that again (hi Hannah), so I don't blame them.

All due respect, sir, but that is the attitude that 'Karma' is supposedly against, at least from what I'm reading.

I hope you don't mistake the occasional anger expressed by some members for our general stance. I expect you will find many posts from both sides expressing some very negative attitudes in the coming days. Unfortunately, this is par for the course, but does not necessarily foreshadow the leadership's views and goals.

There is a reason they cut off the hands of theives in the middle east.

Anything less and they keep stealing.

Cut the hands off NPO and TORN.. and you wont have to worry about them stealing again.

Cut off their hands, and they can teach others to steal for them. Cut off their heads and solve the problem once and for all.

I would be careful being too gleeful in your support for ultimate vengeance, folks. These types of things have a way of turning around on you in the fullness of time. There are ways to manage a wild dog without putting a bullet through its skull.

I do not support forced disbandment for any alliance currently involved in this war. I do not support eternal war for any alliance currently involved in this war. I don't support perma-ZI or eternal-ZI for any leader involved in this war.

I'd like to think that we're all going to be fighting for something a little greater than bragging rights this one time.

I would be careful being too gleeful in your support for ultimate vengeance, folks. These types of things have a way of turning around on you in the fullness of time. There are ways to manage a wild dog without putting a bullet through its skull.

I do not support forced disbandment for any alliance currently involved in this war. I do not support eternal war for any alliance currently involved in this war. I don't support perma-ZI or eternal-ZI for any leader involved in this war.

I'd like to think that we're all going to be fighting for something a little greater than bragging rights this one time.

that's the main thing i am worried of. If/when this war ends and pacifica might be on the losing side, what are the victors going to do?

We'll see if everyone is willing to follow up on the talk.

I see what youre saying. However I really enjoy shooting my firearms.

I suppose they've fallen victim to the killer of so many giants: hubris.

I think this happened to them once before.

I also think a few people tried to warn them that pissing off absolutely everybody is not an effective foreign affairs strategy.

I agree. The NPO should definitley pay for what they've done, but forced disbandment is hypocritical in my opinion. They just need to change their ways.

that's the main thing i am worried of. If/when this war ends and pacifica might be on the losing side, what are the victors going to do?

Hopefully lead in a manner befitting their ideals. I agree with Sponge (dear God, has it come to that?!?!?!), EZI sucks, disbandment sucks, draconian terms suck.

Something about doing unto others as you'd have them do to you...

Leading by example is always more powerful than leading by words alone.

Good luck to all.

Regards,

VI

April 20, 2009

GOONS Returned to CN.

MHA Leaves tC.

TOP leaves tC.

GW4 starts and NPO is outgunned.

And I am at war with 5 NPO scum, 4 of which I have already nuked.

I am so freaking happy that I cant stop shaking. Please GOD if this is a dream then take me now rather than making me wake up.

And it's my birthday.

NOT A COINCIDENCE.

Doctor Reverend Admiral Senator Sponge speaks for us all at Vox Populi. NPO may not be able to learn from their own mistakes, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn from them either. Remember the favoured buzzword: karma.

That said, if anyone has ever deserved draconian terms it is NPO. That is not particularly our concern, however. We fight for the freedom of ourselves and our allies. Nothing more.

I think this happened to them once before.

I also think a few people tried to warn them that pissing off absolutely everybody is not an effective foreign affairs strategy.

Correctamundo! Much like selling low is also a very, very bad, long-term investment strategy. ;)