Grudges

New Frontier

Today I found myself completely wrapped up in a grudge I've held against another CNer for over a year, and it hit me just how useless such a thing is. When so much time has gone by, there is ultimately no purpose to feeling bitter towards someone for something I feel they've wronged me in. And beyond that, my faith is an integral part of my life, and I feel like a hypocrite to sit here feeling all angry at someone when I claim to follow a God of forgiveness and then don't do the same in my own life, be it IC or OOC.

So I'd like to take this moment to apologize to the multiple people that I dislike/hate/loathe for one reason or another, over things that have happened months or years ago.

CN is a game, and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to remember that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes we have to hit rockbottom and be hit over the head to realize things. It is hard to realize it when it is in front of you or consuming you. It can be obvious to people around you but not you because it becomes common, a habit. Sometimes we need to hit that place to be able to recognize things for what it is. I think we all dislike people at here on a time but sometimes we have to keep in mind they're people just like others. It is so easy to get disjointed from this and forget that it is just a game and they are people with emotions no matter what they do... even if you do want hit them over the head with a sledgehammer sometimes. :P

We all are guilty of this at one point or another, so it is good to have a reminder like this...

So far I've avenged all of my grudges or at least seen my enemies fall. So why am I here? I think I still have a grudge but I don't know who it is against at the moment.

Oh yeah it's Doitzel.... jerk got me started with this game. Still waiting for the right time to strike, even as I follow him to perma-ZI! :P

CN is a game but not of the usual kind.

If you attack me, I will laugh with you when I see you.

If you attack my alliance, I will laugh about it with you in time.

If you disband my alliance, I will attack you and cause as much damage as possible, but eventually I will be able to laugh about it with you.

If you backstab my alliance I will never be laughing.

Yes, I see backstabing worse than anything you could do to a group of my friends and I will aspire to do everything to you that I can until I am called for that will destroy in any possible way. I will keep fighting and I will keep attacking, I won't give in or up, and I don't care what you, your alliance, or your god damned CN idol thinks about it.

-----

Oddly enough I really don't do this irl. ;)

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

I feel like a hypocrite to sit here feeling all angry at someone when I claim to follow a God of forgiveness and then don't do the same in my own life, be it IC or OOC.

Yes, CN is a game and you don't have to be the same person in the game as you are IRL.

I love my grudges and will be keeping them for as long as I see fit.

Yes, CN is a game and you don't have to be the same person in the game as you are IRL.

I love my grudges and will be keeping them for as long as I see fit.

It's all a part of the role-play and makes your character a lot less one dimensional.

However, I will admit that there have been people over my time here that I would prefer go play something else, rather than insist on polluting my computer's memory with their words.

I am competitive by nature. Sue me.

Today I found myself completely wrapped up in a grudge I've held against another CNer for over a year, and it hit me just how useless such a thing is. When so much time has gone by, there is ultimately no purpose to feeling bitter towards someone for something I feel they've wronged me in. And beyond that, my faith is an integral part of my life, and I feel like a hypocrite to sit here feeling all angry at someone when I claim to follow a God of forgiveness and then don't do the same in my own life, be it IC or OOC.

So I'd like to take this moment to apologize to the multiple people that I dislike/hate/loathe for one reason or another, over things that have happened months or years ago.

Each situation has its own mitigating circumstances. I wish you luck on your future endeavors.

Edited by Ejayrazz