Grudges

New Frontier

A certain level of revenge and holding onto 'owed revenge' is healthy for the game. We need IC reasons for tension and that is one of the few good ones. However, it can be taken too far, and in particular if it extends to OOC or cross-reroll grudges, or repeatedly beating up the same alliance on the basis of historical issues, then it is not good for the game.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any grudges that i may hold are strictly IC and enhance my experience playing the game.

I came here to say that. I've had some solid grudges over the years, but hold none currently. Either they've been destroyed or left, or we've reconciled. However, the funny thing about grudges is that people can hold them against you without you ever knowing about it, so who knows, maybe I still have a few left over.

Today I found myself completely wrapped up in a grudge I've held against another CNer for over a year, and it hit me just how useless such a thing is. When so much time has gone by, there is ultimately no purpose to feeling bitter towards someone for something I feel they've wronged me in. And beyond that, my faith is an integral part of my life, and I feel like a hypocrite to sit here feeling all angry at someone when I claim to follow a God of forgiveness and then don't do the same in my own life, be it IC or OOC.

So I'd like to take this moment to apologize to the multiple people that I dislike/hate/loathe for one reason or another, over things that have happened months or years ago.

CN is a game, and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to remember that.

This is me, wishing more people held the same views you do.

Good show, Cheyenne.

I have no remorse for my feelings regarding the scoundrel Cerpin, the only person to ever send me into anarchy. He did so back in 2006, when my nation was less than two months old. >_> I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN, YOU BARBARIAN.

He probably hasn't played since we wrecked his stuff. >_>

I've forgiven everybody in this game I could. However game grudges are just in a game. I think they add fun to a game. I mean, how many of you love the rivalries of your favorite teams going head to head?

If you take the grudge to your real life perceptions of that person, then yes, that's a problem.

This is an OOC forum right? Okay.

Well, I don't have any grudges against players in the game. To me that is stupid. Anything I have ever done in the game to piss people off or push them down or destroy their infrastructure or alliance was done IC.

Any IC interactions from me will never carry OOC consequences.

I was tech raided my second day in this game. I was quite upset and wanted revenge on the guy doing this horrid act(!), but as everyone knows revenge should be served cold. So I had him on my saved nations list waiting for the perfect moment to have my revenge.

Months went by and I almost forgot about the guy, but his name flared up in my memory for some reason and I had to check how his nation was doing, but the !@#$%^& had escaped my wrath, his nation was deleted. I felt really sad and empty... I even considered asking a friend to create nation with a similar name just so I could have my revenge.

IC grudges can be fun if you don’t let them interfere too much with your other priorities in the game. I do have some objections on how some people doesn’t seem to realise that we are all playing a game, but I wouldn't call that a grudge though.

I've held grudges against a few entities--alliances, not so much players. Wolfpack (for ruining my old raids), Illuminati (for attacking a buddy of mine), GPA (for getting away with too much at the time and using their neutrality as a defense), and Genmay for raiding FAN members who had surrendered and moved on.

I have a pretty good track record with alliances I hate being attacked or forced to disband.

Today I found myself completely wrapped up in a grudge I've held against another CNer for over a year, and it hit me just how useless such a thing is. When so much time has gone by, there is ultimately no purpose to feeling bitter towards someone for something I feel they've wronged me in. And beyond that, my faith is an integral part of my life, and I feel like a hypocrite to sit here feeling all angry at someone when I claim to follow a God of forgiveness and then don't do the same in my own life, be it IC or OOC.

So I'd like to take this moment to apologize to the multiple people that I dislike/hate/loathe for one reason or another, over things that have happened months or years ago.

CN is a game, and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to remember that.

Understandable. I try not to hold grudges. I might go 'rabid' at the time....but, hell...this is a game; I get ticked...I time out LOL

Or I kill as many as I can..and then time out :D

:)

Glad you let it go :)

Does wonders for stress-levels.