Grand Global Alliance

Perma-Zi has always been a necessary evil so it is good to see names removed of that list.

Player based moderation is not necessary. It's an abuse of power by those who perpetrate it, and it's detrimental to the game.

That being said, grats JB and CZ. Enjoy your "freedom."

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player based moderation is not necessary. It's an abuse of power by those who perpetrate it, and it's detrimental to the game.

That being said, grats JB and CZ. Enjoy your "freedom."

Perhaps we can discuss this in the GGA embassy ;)

Perhaps we can discuss this in the GGA embassy ;)

I really just view it as a difference in culture. STA doesn't ZI, or P-ZI and have granted white peace in all of the wars we've been in except for the Shark War I and II.

ZI is understandable in many cases, but who knows...perhaps this announcement will mark the beginning of the end for GGA P-ZI lists.

Chunky doesn't "pretend" to be a goon, he was a member of GOONS.

11 months after the UnJust War, Chunky was still languishing on GGA and IRON's PZI lists. He didn't get rowdy on the forums about it, he didn't get mouthy, he just bided his time and patiently waited for times to change--11 months oughta do that (Hell, it's been less than that for JB and CZ).

But after a year of PZI, a year of appeals, a year of being met with silence, a year of refusals to give any reason or proof whatever for the PZI, Chunky Monkey wasn't left with much else to do to get back into Planet Bob than join Vox Populi.

GGA doesn't want peace with Chunky, not the other way around.

Being in GOONS and actually "being a goon" are two different things.

(OOC: I'm not talking about having an SA account)

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

As Ironic as it is to protest this...

They did go to war against an incredibly good-looking and well-hung alliance to enforce said "PZI."

Edit: I should mention this. Good show, GGA. Regardless of the past, this is a good step foreword.

I was speaking in regards to them letting him go to NSO.

I'm glad you brought this up, so many people seem to have grudges that originated ages ago when the GGA had a completely different set of leadership. I would hope even those who have grudges against us could put them aside and appreciate something like this. :)

Indeed, GGA has a long history of not punishing alliances for the crimes of their past leaders. Well, except all those times that they did. Whoops!

War and PZI are different.

Not so much anymore.

Also this thread is hilarious if you read it after reading the VE thread. Congratulations GGA for earning positive PR and then burning it to ashes the very next day.

I'm glad to see this, but am disappointed by the lack of Ephriam Grey.
I wonder if Chickenzilla was released just because NSO...

JB still in Planet Bob?

Congrats JB and Chickenzilla ^_^

Nice move GGA.

Doubtful, considering I offered GGA 100 million in reps, and I was EZIed for kicking them off my forums, given Starfox admin, and putting up a Vox flag.

Oh well.

Also this thread is hilarious if you read it after reading the VE thread. Congratulations GGA for earning positive PR and then burning it to ashes the very next day.

Agreed. Hilarious is the only word you can use to describe it. What the hell were you thinking? emotpsyducklt8.gif

EDIT:

The English language despises me.

Edited by Willaim Kreiger

Since you don't know the full story behind all this it would look a lot smarter to stay quiet.

Since you don't know the full story behind all this it would look a lot smarter to stay quiet.

Without alternative explanation, the Cyberverse is going to make assumptions based on the information we have. The information we have indicates that, yet again, GGA has failed horribly. If you'd like to refute it, please do so.

Well, I realize that due to what happened you guys would be gunshy about saying Anything about this in public but now might be the time when it would be a very good idea to explain such otherwise popular opinion is going to define it for you.

Several people have a pretty good idea about the full story, and it's not favourable to the GGA. If you want to tell us different, it would be a good idea for the GGA to disclose what you would say to be the full story, because otherwise the one on the rumour mill will be taken as the truth.

Then why don't you enlighten us? I love my throwaway defences as much as the next ruler, but if you want to clear up speculation they are really not the best choice.

I put it to you that not knowing the full story is reason to pursue the subject further. If you don't understand how saying 'you don't know the full story' is going to spike further interest or discussion (as opposed to encouraging people to let it go as you seem to be expecting) then I really do not know what to say to you.

Several people have a pretty good idea about the full story, and it's not favourable to the GGA. If you want to tell us different, it would be a good idea for the GGA to disclose what you would say to be the full story, because otherwise the one on the rumour mill will be taken as the truth.

I would assume that GGA has informed everyone whom they feel the need to inform. So, in allowing the rumor mill to be taken as truth, GGA reaps the benefit of encouraging potential adversaries to underestimate the alliance leadership while providing endless amusement for the masses.

I could be wrong, but few would argue that that's been an effective damper on my enthusiasms.

Without alternative explanation, the Cyberverse is going to make assumptions based on the information we have. The information we have indicates that, yet again, GGA has failed horribly. If you'd like to refute it, please do so.

What i can say about it is that Shaneprice abused this position as triumvir thereby putting our alliance in danger.

Anything else has simply no place on public forums like this one.

You should know that rumor =/= truth. People gossip and see what they want to see instead of what is actually happening.

Edited by andre27

What i can say about it is that Shaneprice abused this position as triumvir thereby putting our alliance in danger.

Anything else has simply no place on public forums like this one.

Oh...wow. Not sure if this will constitute an explanation or if it is going to end up as just more tinder.

In danger huh?

Oh...wow. Not sure if this will constitute an explanation or if it is going to end up as just more tinder.

In danger huh?

This is neither the place to discuss this nor is it my place to make further announcements.

I'd be nice though if people would actually give the benefit of the doubt.

You should know that rumor =/= truth. People gossip and see what they want to see instead of what is actually happening.

However, if it is not refuted soon after they start spreading it becomes fact in the minds of many. In this case, how would these particular rumors being allowed to spread help GGA at all? Especially if I am hearing the same rumors everyone else is.

This is neither the place to discuss this nor is it my place to make further announcements.

I'd be nice though if people would actually give the benefit of the doubt.

Uh, no, we crave for entertainment and right now you're looking like a great source of entertainment.