Grand Global Alliance

What i can say about it is that Shaneprice abused this position as triumvir thereby putting our alliance in danger.

Anything else has simply no place on public forums like this one.

Don't take this the wrong way; I am more than open to hearing both sides of this tale before I jump to conclusions. If I've learned anything from my time here it is that rumor, speculation, conjecture and fact will mix together and spread whether you try to keep it secret or not. If your alliance is not also spreading her own version of the story from her own perspective to out-compete the other version, before you know it the rest of the planet will have heard the other side and only the other side. Having been given no conflicting reports, they will accept the one version they hear as fact. When you inevitably realize that rumors of the story blew it out of proportion and you try to correct the misconceptions, you'll find that the longer you wait to give your version the harder it becomes to convince the public that the version they originally accepted was actually false. If you want to avoid this, you'd better start sharing your side of the story quickly. If you don't mind a little negative PR, I suppose you are welcome to shut your ears to the public at large and hope that it is enough to keep your image up with your allies only. In my opinion, it isn't.

Edited by Penguin

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre, you seem like a good guy to me and I have always taken off my cynic hat to read your posts. But I'm sure that even you see from this thread and the other one that the GGA does not get the benefit of the doubt these days. (That in itself is rather interesting to me, having once been almost an enemy of the GGA and at that time that put me against a lot of other people. Now I am fairly neutral about you but I see a lot more hostility from places I wouldn't expect it, and no support at all.)

And yes, I know that rumour is not truth. (Edit: That's why I am asking you for your story not just taking the rumour mill version and going on an anti-GGA rant.) But a rumour which is not denied becomes truth very quickly, particularly if there is no official version to compare it with, and particularly when it is about an alliance like the GGA which is known to make rash and poor decisions at times.

Edited by Bob Janova

Don't take this the wrong way; I am more than open to hearing both sides of this tale before I jump to conclusions. If I've learned anything from my time here it is that rumor, speculation, conjecture and fact will mix together and spread whether you try to keep it secret or not.

That much is true. There may be announcements, but since i'm not government it is not my place to discuss this further.

And yes, I know that rumour is not truth. (Edit: That's why I am asking you for your story not just taking the rumour mill version and going on an anti-GGA rant.) But a rumour which is not denied becomes truth very quickly, particularly if there is no official version to compare it with, and particularly when it is about an alliance like the GGA which is known to make rash and poor decisions at times.

No one here is in any sort of position to be dealing the information accessed from the situation. In due time.

That much is true. There may be announcements, but since i'm not government it is not my place to discuss this further.

That's understandable from your perspective. I suggest you lobby your government to hurry it up if they want to beat the rumor mill.

That's understandable from your perspective. I suggest you lobby your government to hurry it up if they want to beat the rumor mill.

Why would government hurry it up if they're going to look bad regardless?

Why would government hurry it up if they're going to look bad regardless?

Not knowing the full story from multiple perspectives, I can't possible answer that. If even GGA's official version of the events looks bad, then I suppose there is little they can do but wait until this blows over.

Edited by Penguin

And how many announcements do we see from Sparta. I'm sorry we don't make an announcement everyday explaining the insides.

Last time the rumour mill got hold of something revolving around Sparta (that drama over possible Valhallan spying), there was an announcement from the alliance quite quickly, actually ;)

Last time the rumour mill got hold of something revolving around Sparta (that drama over possible Valhallan spying), there was an announcement from the alliance quite quickly, actually ;)

Not to mention multiple queries of various alliances in doing damage control to disprove said rumor. It was actually a very great response to ending that rumor.

This seems relevnt, and just in case anyone here missed it buried in the other thread:

Dear Planet Bob,

I come to speak with an opinion on this here thread. Although many a bright mind have posted their own strong opinions about shaneprice's leaving of the Grand Global Alliance, and then the open trolling and dissing of said alliance, there are reasons that such a member left. Do not think that he was "kicked out" under "stupid reasons". He was let go for he committed a vile act. Shaneprice was convicted of speaking out against the New Pacific Order as well as IRON and also suggesting that the Grand Global Alliance "leave" OneVision. Now one may think that these reasons are "pathetic", but put your alliance in the shoes of the Grand Global Alliance. How would you take it if a member of leadership were to speak out against an ally who has stuck by your alliance since it's birth, or in this case "rebirth"? With that said, shaneprice was given the option to either leave with a partial good note, or be kicked. I, as Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance, stand by the decisions of our leadership. Shaneprice nearly brought war to the Grand Global Alliance with his little "outburst". Think about it.

~Dephire, Chancellor of the Grand Global Alliance.

And how many announcements do we see from Sparta. I'm sorry we don't make an announcement everyday explaining the insides.

STA makes standard announcements about their internal affairs. Nothing wrong with this practice. )):

Edited by Ejayrazz