This Week in Pacifica

We are not immune ... while I am very happy with our alliance programmes, a Grämlins membership doesn't mean you are wallowing in infinite tech either.

OOC: Was it just me, or when other people read this post and the post it quoted, did they also think of the current economic crisis?

IC: I thought you guys got an almost infinite amount of tech from the CTC?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were one of my favourite buyers actually, way back when I was the Invicta tech guy.

Yes, you guys were very efficient in all my dealings. I haven't been able to find anyone as good since you guys paused to reform your department.

I think the problem with organizations are that they don't really care as much as the participants themselves. Having the manager in the tech trading circle gives them a little more motivation to keep things moving. To someone outside the circle, its just another aid transaction. Just a thought.

When I was in NPO the IOs were so dissatisfied with the Tech Corps that they abolished it and everyone else had to beg to get it back, although technically that was prohibited (yes, you are not allowed to ask IOs that they make any changes because then you are just trying to force them and stuff, at least that's how they reasoned it) and people went around in private talking about it.

That's not quite how I remember it West of Eden. You weren't prohibited from asking the IO's to do something, they just had every right to say "no." I don't really know what you're talking about.

Also, Genjames was a spy? That's pretty impressive on his part. He probably gets the record for he longest time as a spy before being uncovered, though I suppose the really good spies haven't been uncovered yet.

Also, well done Schattenman. The information you had to work with was hardly earth shattering and yet you still managed to make it an enjoyable read. Well done.

Also, Genjames was a spy? That's pretty impressive on his part. He probably gets the record for he longest time as a spy before being uncovered, though I suppose the really good spies haven't been uncovered yet.

He wasn't "uncovered" really. He simply stood up, unprompted, and confessed that he has been a spy for over two years and then told how and why. Then everyone scurried about and he was demoted. :v:

Someone should post the capture of the thread. I know it's making the rounds. Apparently he wasn't a very good spy.

Edited by Bad JuJu

Also, well done Schattenman. The information you had to work with was hardly earth shattering and yet you still managed to make it an enjoyable read. Well done.

I dont think it's the quality of the information, as much as what it actually means.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with those that say that this week's TWiP was a bit lacking. There's got to be something actually bad that the NPO is doing somewhere. Heck it's not like there aren't any brown team alliances still under the NPO's control. And it's not like there aren't abuses of power by high ranking NPO officials in those alliances or anything...

That's not quite how I remember it West of Eden. You weren't prohibited from asking the IO's to do something, they just had every right to say "no." I don't really know what you're talking about.

Depends on which subjects. Day to day, no, you weren't prohibited from asking IOs stuff. But when the subject came to something they didn't like in the slightest, all discussion had to go underground. You don't remember those long posts on the forums where their point was "by asking us to do something, particularly in front of other NPO members [like in #npowned], you're trying to force our hand and will be expelled?" They called this "respectful requests" or something, saying that anything else was treasonous. This was the case with the tech corps when it got shut down, I remember someone from that department messaging me saying that if I want it back, I should talk with IOs but not tell them that anyone asked me to.

In other news, we could have included that NPO members are afraid to come into our channel (and several have been expelled for doing so). You'll admit Shodemofi that doing pretty much anything against exactly what the IOs wanted got you either expelled or yelled at in NPO - their members are scared of the IOs, which isn't the way an alliance should function.

Edited by West of Eden

In other news, we could have included that NPO members are afraid to come into our channel (and several have been expelled for doing so). You'll admit Shodemofi that doing pretty much anything against exactly what the IOs wanted got you either expelled or yelled at in NPO - their members are scared of the IOs, which isn't the way an alliance should function.

Very enlightening.

Depends on which subjects. Day to day, no, you weren't prohibited from asking IOs stuff. But when the subject came to something they didn't like in the slightest, all discussion had to go underground. You don't remember those long posts on the forums where their point was "by asking us to do something, particularly in front of other NPO members [like in #npowned], you're trying to force our hand and will be expelled?"

No, I really don't.

No, I really don't.

*in before screen shots*

It's not like NPO forces people to stick around if they are being "oppressed" or "enslaved" or whatever other terminology was used in this thread.

Last I checked people can leave the NPO of their own will?