This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I hit a nerve? Sorry.

[ooc]I don't get angry over the internet. I'm too reasonable for that.[/ooc] No need to be sorry, for no nerve was struck. You insulted our publication and I felt that I was dutybound to defend it. It saddens me to see your well of verbose and confusing replies has run dry.

I pointed out that the 'satire' made no sense, and was thus poorly constructed (demonstrated by the fact that no one else seemed to 'get' it either). I then pointed him towards the grand master of satire so he could improve for next time. Really I think I was being quite nice and helpful. So what other reason could there have been for the tirade of personal attacks against me.

Perhaps I should indeed go back to posts that confuse the lower Voxians enough that they at least know they're confused. Would save my time in trying to understand the point of all the vain attempts to 'one up' me.

I'll leave Doitzel's bait -- he clearly doesn't understand the dialectic.

What a nice way to not address his point. I'm a bit disappointed because I was expecting a wall of text.

And who are you now, something about you reminds me of someone else, but the past is the past and as such the name escapes me at this time.

Also regarding this thread, I think everyone knows that This Week In Pacifica has been boring. Maybe we should be asking for a This Week In Vox. I hear Doitzel and Schattenmann have been working on a new plan for Bob conquest in addition to working on their act for their next Wedneday night comedy show, "What in the VoX did we get Bombed & Burried into now..."

Edited by Zeta Defender

Perhaps I should indeed go back to posts that confuse the lower Voxians enough that they at least know they're confused. Would save my time in trying to understand the point of all the vain attempts to 'one up' me.

"Lower Voxian". :lol: I'm actually a Senator of Vox Populi, my authority second only to the collective will of my fellow Senators. Also, don't kid yourself. We nine upped you on page one.

And who are you now, something about you reminds me of someone else, but the past is the past and as such the name escapes me at this time.

Also regarding this thread, I think everyone knows that This Week In Pacifica has been boring. Maybe we should be asking for a This Week In Vox. I hear Doitzel and Schattenmann have been working on a new plan for Bob conquest in addition to working on their act for their next Wedneday night comedy show, "What in the VoX did we get Bombed & Burried into now..."

Comedy which makes use of satirical or exaggerated humour cannot be utilised by myself on that date, as it is the fourth Wednesday of the month.

In United States of Brians Room v. Vox Dei it was unanimously decided that lying refers to any distortion, misrepresentation, or otherwise misleading presentation of a verifiable truth. Therefore I am unable to participate in any shenanigans on the night in question, as per Article IV Section 8 of the Vox Populi Charter.

I'm sorry.

Comedy which makes use of satirical or exaggerated humour cannot be utilised by myself on that date, as it is the fourth Wednesday of the month.

In United States of Brians Room v. Vox Dei it was unanimously decided that lying refers to any distortion, misrepresentation, or otherwise misleading presentation of a verifiable truth. Therefore I am unable to participate in any shenanigans on the night in question, as per Article IV Section 8 of the Vox Populi Charter.

I'm sorry.

Don't you have it backwards?

8. The Vox Dei shall be relieved of his privilege of lying on all but the third Wednesday of each month.

Don't you have it backwards?

I am relieved of the privelege to lie on all but the third Wednesday. Today is the third Wednesday of February, so on all other Wednesdays this month, including next Wednesday, I cannot tell a lie! It would be a blatant disrepsect for THE RULE OF LAW!

I'm sorry.

If it please, but Brian is currently distracted by anarchy in his streets as Vox Populi terrorists rain molotov cocktails upon his federated bedroom's parapets. DoooooOOOOoooommmmmmmmm! You could probably get a lie past him on the date aforementioned.

Edited by Schattenmann

yeah but nobody is going to be able to help you unless they kill NPO, and that just doesnt seem to be happening, NPO hated you and yet you accepted a viceroy from them, you had to expect the old feelings to continue.

We accepted their peace terms because we faced what were possibly the worst odds in CN history, for three months, all over the trivial actions of a player who hadn't even played the game for half a year. During the war we couldn't get a straight answer from any NPO official on whether they even intended to let the war end or not. So yeah, we let them place a Viceroy in our alliance (something that was soon after deemed illegal and against the game's TOS) but it wasn't because something that we wanted to do.

The peace agreement was for a minimum of 5 months. They've now stayed 60 days longer than that. GATO was perfectly able to rebuild itself on its own after the war. Most of our members stayed with us despite being bill locked for weeks or months, and all our ministries were more or less intact. Then the Viceroy team comes in and disbands all the ministries and appointed positions. Instead of having an alliance full of experienced members in the positions they knew how to run, we had an alliance with no positions at all. Since then the rebuilding has gone slowly. It's been over five months under NPO rule and GATO is still lacking one of it's core ministries. And why did the NPO feel the need to rip GATO's internal structure apart? They said it was so they could rebuild it and make it better. But things are pretty much like they were before the war. There have been no significant changes, except for a layer of NPO added bureaucracy.

The Viceroyship has brought two good things to GATO, however. Protection and the Tech Corps. The protection, while welcome, would have never been necessary if the NPO and several of its allies hadn't destroyed GATO using one of the worst CBs the game has ever seen. And while the Tech Corps did and still does generate cash for GATO nations, it almost certainly hurt the alliance more than it helped. For some time the only external aid GATO nations could accept was from NPO nations through selling tech. Those slots could have been used far more efficiently for all cash / no tech deals.

And finally, in the end, I don't believe what you said about there being no help possible for GATO. This game still includes plenty of alliance politics despite the general domination by the NPO and its allies. Help doesn't need to come in the form of a war or killing the NPO. Just a little bit of good old political pressure would be more than enough to help GATO gain its freedom. I don't think we'll see it happen as there is little reward offered around here for doing selfless deeds for others. But one can hope.

Edited by Ragashingo