FOK announcement

AvengerNL

And some thought them attacking an orange alliance and ally was a travesty, even others thought the fact that some decided to troll the majority vote in public was a travesty. Guess it all depends on how you look at it.

Things worked out good in the end and the Grand Lodge of Free Masons are now a part of OUT.

The Grand Lodge of Freemasons was treaty-bound to defend its ally, and was not a signatory of the Citrus Accords at the time. While Orange on Orange violence should certainly be avoided, two wrongs do not make a right. There are many other ways to handle situations than going straight to war. The invocation of the Citrus Accords in that situation was nothing more than opportunism. Also, if you go back and take a look at the announcement, you will be unpleasantly surprised as to where the inflammatory and insulting comments were coming from. I'll give you a hint to start you off - they certainly were not being thrown around by those who chose diplomacy over military action against a fellow Orange alliance that was obligated to follow the path it did.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grand Lodge of Freemasons was treaty-bound to defend its ally, and was not a signatory of the Citrus Accords at the time. While Orange on Orange violence should certainly be avoided, two wrongs do not make a right. There are many other ways to handle situations than going straight to war. The invocation of the Citrus Accords in that situation was nothing more than opportunism. Also, if you go back and take a look at the announcement, you will be unpleasantly surprised as to where the inflammatory and insulting comments were coming from. I'll give you a hint to start you off - they certainly were not being thrown around by those who chose diplomacy over military action against a fellow Orange alliance that was obligated to follow the path it did.

lets see...

looking at GLOFs DoW http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...c=31235&hl= they declared on TORN because "We do so Citing Article V - Mutual Defense of the AZTEC treaty for our brothers in NV and PUKE:"

Funny thing is that TORN never declared on NV or PUKE, therefor your statement of GLOF being treaty bound to defend its ally is complete BS.

I would appreciate it if you did not try to rewrite history to suit your arguments, and instead use actual facts.

A canceled treaty equates to a tough time? This is announcement is just a way to get some PR points since they could have easily displayed their support in private.

Good show FOK! o/

Well considering this world has more than it's fair share of cowards and opportunists who will apparently go out of their way to cancel a treaty when things get a little bit tough, I'd say that sticking with treaty partners when others are cancelling is absolutely deserving of some PR points. I really don't see how you can object to alliances getting good PR - they do something good, they get praised for it. That is how things should be, and hopefully their standards have a positive influence on the actions of other alliances in the future.

So yes, good show FOK! o/

Edited by Aimee Mann

This is the second time TPF has cancelled on an alliance and had some friends cancel too, only to be thwarted by one powerful enough ally not cancelling. The poor old phoenix hungers, but it's not quite what it used to be.

Yeah TPF does like to exploit alliances in the good times and throw them away when it gets a bit hairy...

QUOTE (Droopy @ Feb 8 2009, 04:39 AM)

This is the second time TPF has cancelled on an alliance and had some friends cancel too, only to be thwarted by one powerful enough ally not cancelling. The poor old phoenix hungers, but it's not quite what it used to be.

MCXA has a treaty with TGE too, and we certainly haven't cancelled it.

I have no idea what you're on about. We didn't ask FOK to drop, we don't plan to attack tge, we actually have a NAP with TGE via SNOW. I presume the other time we were "thwarted" was in regards to Poison Clan? Once again, if we really wanted to attack folks, we would. We did have issues with them back then, but worked out a solution without coming to blows.

However I am glad to finally be getting an evil overlordish image.

Yeah TPF does like to exploit alliances in the good times and throw them away when it gets a bit hairy...

Have to keep up with global despot duties somehow. I'm curious about your ignorant statement though, could you please send me a pm regarding how I've exploited anyone, or how we trashed anyone when it got "hairy"?