In the words of the great Bender Bending Rodríguez...

8 hours ago, Van Hoo X said:

Raiding someone's servers/channels is a pretty common war time practice. I was there and participated in said raid. It was ... very VERY tame. Like, the PG rating limit on curse words tame.

Did we make someone quit by calling them a doodie head?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, firingline said:

You ever consider ascending with him?

You ever consider ascending with him?

Edit: Sorry, meant to say I have ascended a handful of times, and later re-descended. I got distracted and accidentally said what you said by accidentally.

Edited by Master Hakai
Fixing my mistake is the "REASON FOR EDIT" lol lmao :)

35 minutes ago, The Big Bad said:

RIP turtles.  

We seem to be breathing just fine. Thanks for being concerned though! 

The majority of us choose not to engage with horrid trolls out here. We don't hate ourselves to the point of needing to spit vitriol at others at present. 

22 hours ago, jerdge said:

Thank you.

Organized spamming another group's off game resource with any kind of material purposely designed to offend is stupid and bad form.

Then there's the really nasty stuff, which is different from people joining what they perceive as an occasion for fun and humour, but the latter can degenerate into the former, it's skating on thin ice. (I don't know what happened in this case.)

How about people always remain kind and considerate off game? Wild idea, I know.

I like to think that I personally wouldn't engage in something over the top. I wouldn't call it FRIENDLY ribbing, but it was pretty mild mannered. Certainly wasn't spamming.

I mean. Poor @CrinkledStrawwas catching Pokemon. Had just caught a Charmander too.

16 hours ago, Bionic redhead said:

Did we make someone quit by calling them a doodie head?

Egads! Heavens, no. I would never be a member of an alliance that would use such language.

Edited by Van Hoo X
Crink caught a CHARMANDER

32 minutes ago, Neforatu said:

The majority of us choose not to engage with horrid trolls out here. We don't hate ourselves to the point of needing to spit vitriol at others at present. 

Zombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kill it with fire!!!!

55 minutes ago, Neforatu said:

The majority of you choose not to fight worth a damn either. Enjoy the continuity of getting dunked on for however long you want this to last.

13 hours ago, Neforatu said:

I'd try and evolve the capacity to spit venom if I were you, it does tend to help around here. You're meant to be killer turtles afterall.

22 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I'd try and evolve the capacity to spit venom if I were you, it does tend to help around here. You're meant to be killer turtles afterall.

Evolve and around here are two funny notions in context given the parade of idiots that have been circling the drain of Planet Bob for years now. I mean some of you must be close to 60, lol. I dont know what happened in discord most of us are apathetic to the point it was a pleasant surprise to get the notification we were under attack. If one guy quit, thats on him. If his skin isnt thick enough to withstand banter from people on planet bob he's a meme. It's not like we are dealing with intellectual giants here (you are a fantastic example of that notion). 

As far as the turtles go I cant speak for anyone else on the AA, you do the best you can with what you have. The take away here is really a good lesson for any aspect of the worlds you dwell in. The sooner you stop worrying about what other people think the better your life will be. 

Good luck out there. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Congrats to TKTB on their victorious liberation of Yellow Team! 

Sometimes you gotta celebrate the little things :) 

Oooh, you're going to condone and support weaponizing sanctions?  I am sure this will never backfire on you.

10 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Oooh, you're going to condone and support weaponizing sanctions?  I am sure this will never backfire on you.

I'm sure I literally don't care. He gave you guys a choice; peace out and let him leave the planet for good or continue being petty by insisting he surrender first. You chose the latter, he told you what would happen if you did 🤷‍♂️

Oh and sanctions are weapons already. They don't need weaponizing.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

2 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

In war, any mechanism available that can negatively impact your opponent should be used to affect the hastening of their defeat. Of course, there are nuances here. When one person choses to leave, in the middle of a war and THEN sanction that harms the old alliance. Now I do understand the notion of burning everything down you can on your way out, I respect that. I mean if you're getting rolled anyway, you empty your clip. Again, this is nuanced. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Congrats to TKTB on their victorious liberation of Yellow Team! 

I've already discussed the matter with TKTB, and we both agreed that they have nothing to do with James or his actions anymore, as he is no longer associated with their alliance. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I'm sure I literally don't care. He gave you guys a choice; peace out and let him leave the planet for good or continue being petty by insisting he surrender first. You chose the latter, he told you what would happen if you did 🤷‍♂️

It's not petty. He got himself and his former alliance into war, and he doesn't get to say "oops I'm not having fun anymore, please leave me alone" unless he surrenders like literally anyone else is able to do. Also, OOC, he is allowed to ask admin to delete his nation for him just like you and others have done in the past, and I even reminded him of that. He had plenty of ways to make his nation gone if he really wanted to, so this idea that we're the bad guys for not giving peace to the former leader of an alliance we're at war with is complete nonsense, frankly.

Also, sanction wars and rogue sanctioning have been universally condemned basically since the mechanic was first introduced. It takes a lot of public support and trust to be one of the handful of nations selected to be a senator on your color sphere, and abusing that position to attack nations who have done nothing wrong with something that they can't defend themselves against will forever be considered extreme and cruel. 

James decided to abuse the powers he was given, and his nation will eternally burn for it. Not really anything more to it.

3 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

He gave you guys a choice; peace out and let him leave the planet for good or continue being petty by insisting he surrender first.

"Let me leave or else" isn't exactly much of an offer.

Edited by Bionic redhead

1 hour ago, lilweirdward said:

James decided to abuse the powers he was given, and his nation will eternally burn for it. Not really anything more to it.

I'm not saying you're the bad guys for insisting he surrender on a planet he doesn't wish to inhabit any longer, I said it's petty because he wasn't demanding you give him a thing other than autonomy over his own method of jettisoning from Planet Bob. Then again, the above quote doesn't exactly scream "we're the good guys" - Burning people for eternity is typically handled by Satan, so I'll let scripture and another Christian do the talking: 

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." - Luke 6:37

"To be Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." - C.S Lewis

38 minutes ago, Bionic redhead said:

"Let me leave or else" isn't exactly much of an offer.

You're right, it's more of a last resort ultimatum. Could've saved you a bit of bother with some of your trades though; do the guy one kindness and let him leave the planet on his own terms after his years living here with an unpleasant bitter ending to it all. Wouldn't have cost you a thing and if he welched on that agreement by not leaving then you could get back to womping on him. You stood to lose nothing if you had agreed and gained a problem by refusing, admittedly a minor nuisance at best but eh- you guys do you I guess? Keep wasting resources blowing up a deserted country- make sure you spite your faces thoroughly in the process.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

I'm sorry but you don't get to drag your AA to war because you have thin skin and then ditch them in the middle of the war you started because you have thin skin and think you have the grounds to negotiate your exit from said war just because your feelings are hurt and you are a coward. He was given the choice to surrender or stay at war. He chose to stay at war. He was then told again, after the sanctions, that he could still surrender and he has chosen not to do so. The consequences for being a rogue senator are high and he will have to pay the price. There was no guarantee he would leave this planet after getting peace. He is not exactly a trustworthy individual in our eyes. And we weren't about to let him hide in pm. 

[OOC] He can petition admin to delete or hibernate his nation, he can choose to not log in for 30 days, or he could even go crazy and break ToS. If he wanted to leave, he could. [/OOC]

5 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Conversely, if he truly just wanted to leave this world, he could have taken the few seconds it takes to post a surrender, peace out, and bounce.

57 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Then again, the above quote doesn't exactly scream "we're the good guys" - Burning people for eternity is typically handled by Satan

I know this distinction is hard for some people, but James' nation is not a physical (or spiritual lol) thing that he owns. I didn't drive to his house and throw bowling balls on his car, or damn his soul to hell just because he went sanction rogue. He did a bad thing in a game, and he is getting in-game consequences for those actions, which is, you know, how things work around here, even with CCC.