In the words of the great Bender Bending Rodríguez...

8 minutes ago, Mumzilla said:

Lol at James cause he still getting people riled up man CN folks loooooooooove to hold grudges 

This isn’t a grudge, it’s just policy. We did the same thing with Kapleo and low and behold when he abused his sanction power we prosecuted him for it for like 6 or 8 months.

I even offered James the chance to post a surrender after he used the sanctions on our nations and he could have gone on to delete, go inactive, or sit on the BF1 AA. Not many alliances would have given him that chance. 

It would have taken roughly one minute to log into the forums and post in the surrender thread. That’s not an unreasonable ask, it’s what any alliance on either side of this war would require for a nation to get peace. James doesn’t get special treatment, just like Kapleo didn’t. 

It’s unfortunate that it’s gone this far, but it is what it is. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You're right, it's more of a last resort ultimatum. Could've saved you a bit of bother with some of your trades though; do the guy one kindness and let him leave the planet on his own terms after his years living here with an unpleasant bitter ending to it all. Wouldn't have cost you a thing and if he welched on that agreement by not leaving then you could get back to womping on him. You stood to lose nothing if you had agreed and gained a problem by refusing, admittedly a minor nuisance at best but eh- you guys do you I guess? Keep wasting resources blowing up a deserted country- make sure you spite your faces thoroughly in the process.

Or he could have done literally nothing and his nation would end up 100% as deleted as if we had peaced out the wars and let him delete. This just shows that he couldn't be trusted in the first place.

He chose to declare on CCC, why are we meant to just let him leave without consequences?

4 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

I wouldn’t put it past you, but it wouldn’t be nearly as much fun this time. 

I "will always be a threat to Non Grata" according to y'all. Maroon doesn't sound that bad as my new residence now that I think of it.

Congratulations @James Maximuson singlehandedly kicking NG out of yellow lol

3 hours ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

I'm sorry but you don't get to drag your AA to war because you have thin skin and then ditch them in the middle of the war you started because you have thin skin and think you have the grounds to negotiate your exit from said war just because your feelings are hurt and you are a coward. He was given the choice to surrender or stay at war. He chose to stay at war. He was then told again, after the sanctions, that he could still surrender and he has chosen not to do so. The consequences for being a rogue senator are high and he will have to pay the price. There was no guarantee he would leave this planet after getting peace. He is not exactly a trustworthy individual in our eyes. And we weren't about to let him hide in pm. 

[OOC] He can petition admin to delete or hibernate his nation, he can choose to not log in for 30 days, or he could even go crazy and break ToS. If he wanted to leave, he could. [/OOC]

Let's be clear. You and your allies dragged everybody into this war, nobody else.

1 hour ago, Kapleo said:

I "will always be a threat to Non Grata" according to y'all. Maroon doesn't sound that bad as my new residence now that I think of it.

Congratulations @James Maximuson singlehandedly kicking NG out of yellow lol

I really hope you do join Maroon, you are more than welcome :)

I hope that Sellswords is flourishing. I'm sorry you seem to be upset about NG still. Hopefully you can move forward but its okay, I understand you are still upset about TPF, Boognish, but you are back with a brand new nation so you get to have fun again. 

3 hours ago, Van Hoo X said:

Conversely, if he truly just wanted to leave this world, he could have taken the few seconds it takes to post a surrender, peace out, and bounce.

You make a salient point Hoo. He could indeed have done that, I guess my point was more that it's been a minor detriment to yourselves playing it this way round. Que sera sera!

2 hours ago, Bionic redhead said:

Or he could have done literally nothing and his nation would end up 100% as deleted as if we had peaced out the wars and let him delete. This just shows that he couldn't be trusted in the first place.

He chose to declare on CCC, why are we meant to just let him leave without consequences?

Because pragmatically speaking your choice has resulted in negative consequences for yourselves and you choose to still live on this planet- whereas James is gone and the only consequence is he didn't get to push the ejector button himself. Alternatively, it might have been the case sanctions on your nations could have been avoided entirely, James would have vanished and you'd at least get props for being decent sports about it. I understand that you didn't trust him and there's probably an element of pride at work  (not wanting to just let him off the hook might make you look/feel weak or whatever I dunno- I get it y'know?) but as I said; if he welched on his agreement and proceeded to not delete and sanction you all anyway? You could continue to womp on him and it'd be good PR fodder for you to use against your opponents, it'd also help your case that your opponents are not trustworthy.

3 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

I know this distinction is hard for some people, but James' nation is not a physical (or spiritual lol) thing that he owns. I didn't drive to his house and throw bowling balls on his car, or damn his soul to hell just because he went sanction rogue. He did a bad thing in a game, and he is getting in-game consequences for those actions, which is, you know, how things work around here, even with CCC.

This isn't a game what are you talking about? We live on a planet that someone called "Bob" over a decade ago and you're a leader of a nation who is part of an alliance called the Christian Coalition of Countries. Based on the name I assumed your people were practicing Christians and I lament the fate of the working citizens who still inhabit James' nation, souls which you have condemned to die by your hand for not bending the knee in the manner of your choosing (after you aided and abeted the start of an aggressive war against their allies). He did a bad thing on Bob and were I a Christian like yourself I would've forgiven him and let him and his working citizens pass into the Void, even if seven times over he sinned against me? He would be forgiven.

However, I'm not a Christian and I believe that on this world working citizens and nations cannot burn eternally because objectively speaking, once a country has no infrastructure or land the people cease to exist. You cannot set fire to nothing (trust me I've tried). There is a God in some sense, along with a few lesser deities who oversee this planet; they are mostly ambivalent about what we do here as long as we adhere to their code and lines are not crossed. If they are feeling merciful they will grant any rulers they have banished a second life (See: BF1) Eventually there will be an end of days and the great serpent (Ouroboros) encircling our planet will cease to devour it's own tail and we will experience what the Norsemen call 'Ragnarok' - which may be quite a dramatic bang but it may just end up being a whimper. The only eternal thing that we have is the Void which awaits us all.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

5 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I really hope you do join Maroon, you are more than welcome :)

I hope that Sellswords is flourishing. I'm sorry you seem to be upset about NG still. Hopefully you can move forward but its okay, I understand you are still upset about TPF, Boognish, but you are back with a brand new nation so you get to have fun again. 

Lol, there's nothing to be upset about anymore, Lyanna. I'm not the one getting burned to the ground or getting kicked out of a team. I'm just messing around 😜

52 minutes ago, Kapleo said:

Lol, there's nothing to be upset about anymore, Lyanna. I'm not the one getting burned to the ground or getting kicked out of a team. I'm just messing around 😜

Well no, of course you aren't, you are just, I assume building a micro? Sellswords 2 will be even better than the first one!

12 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Well no, of course you aren't, you are just, I assume building a micro? Sellswords 2 will be even better than the first one!

I have no idea what I'm doing but, thank you for the good wishes! Hopefully Sellswords will be included in NG's surrender declaration or, considering the amount of plot twists happening lately, Sellswords may end up surrendering alongside Non Grata, whatever unlikely that sounds.

20 minutes ago, Talbrys said:

They're too busy getting ground into dust to post sorry.

re: hakai

Not all of us are enjoying the benefits of PM ATM. Ya, ive been ground to dust but I've had 10 wars, Im doing the best I can with what I have. I can't speak for anyone else on my alliance Im not gov. Im a soldier. 

25 minutes ago, Malic said:

Not all of us are enjoying the benefits of PM ATM. Ya, ive been ground to dust but I've had 10 wars, Im doing the best I can with what I have. I can't speak for anyone else on my alliance Im not gov. Im a soldier. 

dude you are doing awesome and it is a pleasure to see

26 minutes ago, Malic said:

Drop improvements and get GCs. It'll help.

1 hour ago, Malic said:

You’ve been speaking plenty by your words. And deleting our attempts to communicate with you. 

if you wanna air grievances here it’s a weird flex but it’s 👍🏽 

Thinking that James' actions are anything more than childish is hilarious. 

As stated a few times, buddy had multiple options - Ask Admin for a delete, surrender pre-sanctions, surrender post sanctions, simply walk away, not be a complete clown that abandons your alliance in a war, not drag your poor ill prepared alliance into a war, etc. 

People on here cryin' that we should be good sports about it and let him get what he wants. Hahahaha. No. He's clearly seething about the choices he has made, which brings me joy. 

1 hour ago, Mumzilla said:

You’ve been speaking plenty by your words. And deleting our attempts to communicate with you. 

if you wanna air grievances here it’s a weird flex but it’s 👍🏽 

I think leaving an alliance is poor form during a war. An AA offers you protection etc you owe them your pixels at least thats how I roll. I just told you in nation mail to go $%^& yourself so let me say it here too, so you wont be confused by the "weird flex" 

Now you go run back to Discord, although I dont know how you manage to actually communicate in there Mumzilla with testicles slapping against your chin all the time. 

Edited by Malic

Generally speaking, it is a good practice to push back take stock and review a situation before acting in haste. The beauty is, those who do act in haste reveal a great deal of themselves and often affirm your suspicions. There are good people on the the Turtle AA, I dont know there particular situations but for those of you whom I did interact with, I wish you luck out there. 

The events surrounding my departure from my former alliance are not related to the events pertaining to James Maximus. James was kind to me when we chatted, its unfortunate what went down but, well, defer to my opening paragraph. To be clear I was kicked off the AA, it's not surprising I was less the charitable here and in my messages to my former alliance gov. That said, they didnt cover themselves in glory either. 

Planet Bob is always the arbiter of what the narrative will be. People believe what they want. For my part, I am just a soldier, but the most valuable type of soldier on Planet Bob, an active one. The turtles? They will become a meme, with no help from me. 

CCC and NG are great opponents. They stagger well, coordinate attacks, and generally give good jabs and trolls in messages. It was an honor to fight you both, I thank you for your kind words. The reasonable course for me is to sit out until the war is resolved. I wish no harm on my old alliance mates, and I will not attack CCC or NG for the grace they have shown me in this matter. 

For the gov of TKTB, your contempt for the soldiers actually willing to fight for your AA is sad. You will be infamous if you survive, but I suspect you will melt away and be absorbed. You created this mess, you deserve no quarter.  

Edited by Malic