Claws_x_Polaris.png

Hibernation Pact

The New Polar Order and CLAWS, in order peacefully hibernate in the winter, hereby come to this agreement. The signatories shall be referred to as “Animals”.

I. Sovereignty

Each animal shall recognize the exclusive authority of the other in the maintenance of internal affairs within its den.

II. Respect

Each animal commits to the maintenance of civility towards each other at all times, in channels both public and private. The animals shall treat each other with the same respect and decency afforded to their own packs. Both parties are expected to demonstrate consideration through use of appropriate channels in order to address concerns and settle hunting disputes.

III. Non-Aggression

No pack member of either animal may participate in, support, or condone military action against a pack member of the other animal. Breaches of this article by pack members shall not terminate the whole agreement, but shall be negotiated and settled by the animals in an equitable fashion.

IV. Espionage

Both animals shall refrain from stalking and spying against the other and shall respect the sanctity of private dens.

V. Termination

This treaty may be terminated by either animal upon notice through private channels. Upon termination, the treaty shall remain in effect for a period of 48 hours from public announcement of the termination, unless otherwise waived by mutual agreement of the signatories.

Signed for CLAWS,
White Chocolate, Back in Blackbird
Tevron, Recovering Democrat, Rising Authoritarian, SBN Card-carrier, Ministabber Expat, Bard of RFI, Beach Summer Fun Buddy
Jazzy95, Supreme Sultan of Grand Inquisition
Bohemond Hauteville, Polaris Spy, Shredder at Large
Wolfman, Shredder of the Interior
ConRed, Advisor of the Interior

Signed for New Polar Order,
Buuyo, Emperor
Emperor Jason, Regent
tenbob, Minister of Peace
JayMillz, Minister of Plenty
Tharu, Minister of Love
JadenStar10, Deputy Minister of Truth

No, this is not an out of season April Fools joke.

Edited by Suyash Adhikari

Friends, 

Cheers to the families involved! This is a unique identity. 

Sincerely, 

Joseph M. Black 

P.S. Definitely feels like an elaborate prank to goad a reaction. Normally I would object, but a NAP is just too classy.

Edited by Joseph Black

1 hour ago, Emperor Jason said:

Time for a new chapter.

o/

A new chapter...compared to what? 

You guys never fought! You were never going to! And I know because I have literally been in different coalitions in the last two years where both of you were given a chance to roll the other, and both of you declined. What value is a NAP between two alliances that have never wanted to fight anyway? What page is turning? Peace into peace by paper? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just genuinely don't understand what anyone gains from this. 

33 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

You guys never fought! You were never going to! And I know because I have literally been in different coalitions in the last two years where both of you were given a chance to roll the other, and both of you declined. What value is a NAP between two alliances that have never wanted to fight anyway? What page is turning? Peace into peace by paper? 

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just genuinely don't understand what anyone gains from this. 

qE5x6ma.png

9 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

Probably to fill a quota / check some boxes. You know how it is.

17 hours ago, lilweirdward said:

It's a non-aggression pact.  We both gain the assurance that neither will attack the other "out of the blue."  

We also have a mutual ally who (understandably) is happy about it for the same reason.  No alliance leader wants to be in the position where one ally may attack another ally if it can be helped.  

-----------------------------------

I am glad Polar and CLAWS can set aside difference enough to sign a NAP.  I've always had respect for Polar personally, regardless of the political position of my alliance.  A NAP is a good start.  

Hail Polar!

Hail CLAWS!

28 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

It's a non-aggression pact.  We both gain the assurance that neither will attack the other "out of the blue."  

That's the part I don't get though. You were both already doing that just fine without the "assurance" of a piece of paper. Don't get me wrong, that's totally fine, no one is obligated to fight wars against each other, but it makes no sense why you'd need a NAP to enforce something that was already happening without it.

34 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

We also have a mutual ally who (understandably) is happy about it for the same reason.  No alliance leader wants to be in the position where one ally may attack another ally if it can be helped.

There it is lol. NPO said that you both have so many treaties that they're worried one of them might accidentally get you in a war on the wrong side, and they needed some assurance that one of you wouldn't do something they'd regret. Hey, at least you admitted it. I can appreciate that.

Enjoy your new chapter, all three of you!

53 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

There it is lol. NPO said that you both have so many treaties that they're worried one of them might accidentally get you in a war on the wrong side, and they needed some assurance that one of you wouldn't do something they'd regret. Hey, at least you admitted it. I can appreciate that.

Actually, as usual, you're wrong.

Pacifica has strived for the past couple of years to increase communication amongst the two alliances we are allied to (you know, like any alliance would), however, the announcement of the NAP in back channels, while it was a pleasant one, was still a surprise nonetheless.

You should probably pull your head out of your ass and recognize a pretty common practice called sovereignty amongst Alliances.

It was also probably Bob's Glorious Viceroy @James Spanier that demanded this. He likes mandating low-level treaties.

Edited by DeathAdder

1 hour ago, lilweirdward said:

That's the part I don't get though. You were both already doing that just fine without the "assurance" of a piece of paper. Don't get me wrong, that's totally fine, no one is obligated to fight wars against each other, but it makes no sense why you'd need a NAP to enforce something that was already happening without it.

Have you seen the treaty web lately?  A lot of alliance leaders do not see it your way.  

if you do not understand how treaties work or have an issue with them, ask CCC to drop all theirs.  CCC would do just fine without them, right?  

And the alliance I was talking about is Argent, who had just signed their own treaty with Polar.  

I did set you up though since I assumed you and probably others would assume I meant NPO 😛

Edited by White Chocolate

I will be honest I do not know almost anything about CLAWS or that there was some sort of issue between us at some point.  So I never got a chance to troll you. And for that I am sorry.  After all I have trolled just about every alliance at some point.  Guess you all are just too well behaved.   

3 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Actually, as usual, you're wrong.

Pacifica has strived for the past couple of years to increase communication amongst the two alliances we are allied to (you know, like any alliance would), however, the announcement of the NAP in back channels, while it was a pleasant one, was still a surprise nonetheless.

You should probably pull your head out of your ass and recognize a pretty common practice called sovereignty amongst Alliances.

It was also probably Bob's Glorious Viceroy @James Spanier that demanded this. He likes mandating low-level treaties.

Sovereignty among alliances is common.

Signing treaties without informing bloc partners really is not. I'm surprised you guys weren't informed this was coming, though granted it's just a NAP.

3 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Right, NPO has always been a leading advocate of the sovereignty of other alliances throughout its history. You really got me there.

2 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Have you seen the treaty web lately?  A lot of alliance leaders do not see it your way.  

if you do not understand how treaties work or have an issue with them, ask CCC to drop all theirs.  CCC would do just fine without them, right?  

And the alliance I was talking about is Argent, who had just signed their own treaty with Polar.  

I did set you up though since I assumed you and probably others would assume I meant NPO 😛

Actually I almost joked that it was Lowsten who must have been the ally, but I couldn't figure out a way to transition into the more scathing part of my post so I dropped it. Can't win em all.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure CCC has the fewest treaties of any top 20 alliance that's not in Oculus (neutrals don't count), and actually I think we're doing just fine. We don't even have any NAPs! Imagine how many alliances we could attack out of the blue without them 🤔

1 hour ago, firingline said:

Sovereignty among alliances is common.

Signing treaties without informing bloc partners really is not. I'm surprised you guys weren't informed this was coming, though granted it's just a NAP.

Someone didn't get informed?

44 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

Right, NPO has always been a leading advocate of the sovereignty of other alliances throughout its history. You really got me there.

I mean, I do run both NPO's Military and Foreign Affairs. Pretty sure I don't suffer from the miscommunication of departments and would know whether I'm bullying my allies to sign treaties on Pacifica's behalf.

In reality, as I've said many times, you kids are just upset that one of the alliances who do still retain people who know how to Bob aren't falling all over themselves to run over to your side and fight another war for you.

1 hour ago, lilweirdward said:

Actually I almost joked that it was Lowsten who must have been the ally, but I couldn't figure out a way to transition into the more scathing part of my post so I dropped it. Can't win em all.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure CCC has the fewest treaties of any top 20 alliance that's not in Oculus (neutrals don't count), and actually I think we're doing just fine. We don't even have any NAPs! Imagine how many alliances we could attack out of the blue without them 🤔

CCC also has the long term reputation of not being an aggressive alliance.  This is not a criticism.  I am just pointing out that no one bothers with a NAP with CCC because no one expects that CCC would be aggressive.  No one is concerned about GPA attacking out of the blue either for the same reason.  

On the other hand, doomsphere alliances and Polar have a history of tension and both alliances have been involved with aggressive wars.  

Now you know why.  

Edited by White Chocolate