Away With This Bauble!

Lucius Optimus

Since 2014 I have been on Bob. I was an optimistic and hopeful ruler then, mostly just looking for a good time. It was my hope that we would show the nations of Bob, a new way the experience the world; where we wouldn't have to bow to the tech heavy elite, but rather they would come to us.  I must confess now to some abatement of my hopes. For after 7 years what do we find? 

Anarchy, Corruption, and dissatisfaction. 

Oh sure we can blame God for all the problems. But for me that's just too easy an answer. I won't sit here and tell you how great at this I am like others before me have. Not only would it be a boring read, but it also just wouldn't be true. But I will tell you that this being a world run by "the people" I've always considered its care the people's responsibility first and the fabled admin gods second. 

And in this, you have all failed miserably. How is it that FARK for instance, never lifts a finger for its own defense. Yet it's still counted as anything. Or on the flipside, why have given Doomshpere (yes it exists) the license to raid with impunity. Why is NPO allowed to exist at all? It's apathy is far more dangerous than any absent gods. With those such as Deathadder at the peak of their mediocrity representing them most days, and their actions on other planets, this alliance should have been done away with long ago. Either by holy lightning from above, or righteous crusade from below. It is not in their interests to see this world expand or grow. I know because they've told me as much, and if any of their membership have a brain they would see it to. They do not care about this world and if they did, they would have written themselves out of the story long time ago. They claim to only check in out of habit, but try to move the frozen tectonics and see how much the care then. On their best day they are the apathetic hegemony and at worst they are tyrants crushing any original thought. They are not your freinds. 

Most of you probably weren't expecting a long rant about NPO and Oc, well Dooms turn is coming. Credit where credit is due; the membership spread out between, DBDC, CLAWS, and Doom Squad, represent some of the greatest most successful villains we've ever known. If allowing NPO to exist is God's great failing, then allowing Doom to stand with her support is Lady Pacificas greatest sin. Seriously I can't stress enough how underhanded and tight Doomshpere is. Taking them down a notch here and there, resisting their encroachments, and uncovering the depths of their conspiracy has truly defined my experience and existence here. They taught me everything I know, but not everything they know. (OOC: some of those Doom tricks earn you warnings kids, definitely not your pals/ end OOC) 

The last I save for the micros; they're used to it, if they're were any left. Mine of course merged months ago. When the community snuffs out your stomping grounds to the point where even your freinds are pushing you (if quietly) to give up you know there's trouble in paradise. The micro alliances left are mere puppets. Up until Easter this year we had an independent micro bloc. You could tell how nervous it's tech selling potential made certain parties heh. It has been difficult to say the least, watching what I cared so much for fly apart from stresses within and without. Boognish was an Empire of personalities much more than NS, for this it took the brunt of humanities worst vices. Jealousy, greed, resentment, paranoia they were all there. No one knew how to work those angles better than our own allies (Kashmir, Kapleo) General Kanabis was no saint either; and I tire of some elements on our side painting him as such. He was my enemy and my freind, and I assure you he knew as well as I that his charisma held everything together. His abandonment of his station I can forgive, Kashmir though I find somewhat more difficult. GK had the golden opportunity to merge Kashmir into COBRA and we would've never have had to hear from them again; and he didn't do it because he was loyal to a fault. Kashmirs most useful function to us was always that of a paperweight (odd considering their paperless status) and when they got active again under J8 I knew it was trouble. Kashmir is easily among the scummiest alliances I know of. 

As for the community at large I'll just say: If planet Bob could be an effective sampling of humanity; with its thousands and nations, there's not a lot to look forward to. 

Gentleman and Ladies! An immovable community is far more obnoxious than an absent God. This is no existence, I shall put an end to my sitting. I declare this nation...dissolved! 

-Lucius Optimus 

Imperialist 

Former Agent of Doom

Former member MI6

Co-founder of COBRA 

Maker of flags

Colonizer

Disbander of aNiMaLz 

Leader Free COBRA Army 

Founder of Imperial Entente 

Low tier menace 

The Micro Pope

Former TIE representative on Boognish 

Former micro revolutionary/activist 

Former caretaker of the Imperial legacy 

Former ruler of The First Order 

Edited by Lucius Optimus

54 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Most of you probably weren't expecting a long rant about NPO and Oc, well Dooms turn is coming. Credit where credit is due; the membership spread out between, DBDC, CLAWS, and Doom Squad, represent some of the greatest most successful villains we've ever known.

I humbly accept my portion of this award. It's not well-earned, but I'll take what little recognition I can get during these waning days Bob.

You stuck to your guns, so I'll give you that. Bye 👋

I would start a public argument with you on the things I disagree, but what's the point. There's already enough hate on the thread, so I'll just give you some love. I respect you as a leader, as an ally, as a foe and as a human being. So all I'll say is, "thank you". For the adventures, the fights, the disagreements and the comradery we once had. Pretty much, thanks for everything.

I'll also say I'm sorry, as I know you feel I let you and yours down at some point, and for the times I felt you let me down, know that I forgave you long ago.

Today you get nothing but respect from me. I wish you good luck in your life and whatever you put your mind into next. I know you will succeed, whatever that ends up being.

Farewell, Lucius.

-Kap

Edited by Kapleo

This world will be a far duller place without you. Ideally you would not depart but that is a selfish ideal on my part, I understand why you choose to leave this world with its mind-numbing inertia the tedious predictability of how battles will be pitched. We are beset on all sides by slumbering monoliths who occasionally jolt awake as if falling in a dream, then fall asleep once again Waking only to alleviate the boredom of such prolonged sleep to jump on the heads of the small fish.

There is a Creature; that has to feed,

It stops at nothing; to fill its need.

The people live in gruesome squalor,

So that the Creature may grow taller.

It was easy to get away with jumping on the small fish, it remains relatively consequence free with no imagination required to cook up any reason or justification.  All the while, the giants with their piles of money (unsatisfied with only that and their piles of tech) would 'fund' the growth of smaller nations by converting as many upstart groups into Tech Farms and 'benevolently' imparting a fraction of the cost it would take develop that same amount of tech in their own house. Relying on networks of alliances to never exceed a certain level of their own growth, encouraging them to remain as balls of fragile infra if they ever had a hope of out-banking nearly any conceivable opponent that happened to be older than them.

Those with nothing have to bleed,

To help the Creature spread its seed.

They learn to dine on fecal matter,

So that the Creature may grow fatter.

Putting a frame job on people like us for all the wrongs of the world was once an easy narrative to peddle, something we did what we could to pushback against but those narratives have outlived us with their sheer loudness in volume alone. While it remained a sketchy period for an opponent who knew only victory to be achieved with brute force and a reliance on the old 'might makes right' mantra? Their methods only went so far, eventually any small fish had to be presented as larger and more spiked devils- a menace. If we weren't, then how could 'might' be truly considered 'right' if it was seen to only step on the small.

The Creature tells of evil gnomes,

Coming to destroy our homes.

And trolls who come with gun and knife,

To threaten our way of life.

Eventually this overfishing (made easier with the various schools splitting from one another to never again re-unite) will be what drives the larger alliances on a path to war, maybe. With no easy targets left to monsterise in order to deflect from their own culture of abhorrence and truly unscrupulous means of pursuing victory, or alternatively those with their superiority complex, assimilation strategies and over-reliance on order? Most independents who remain lack the strength to wield slingshots once more against their Goliath. The respective increasing states of boredom between the giants could force a close to this inertia, it has happened before and it could happen again- or we could have already seen the last. Though I doubt I'll be patient enough to wait around and find out, so I really don't blame you for departing as a day will come when I will do the same. We prospered at a time when it was possible for smaller tribes to deviate from choosing either of the two binaries available but that day is long gone. It brings no joy to know I played my part in planting a dagger in the spirit of that once prosperous microverse, a world you nurtured into being long before I returned to this planet. You did everything you could to breath fresh life into the political climate and are one of few people who deserve some well earned rest for your efforts- rest that is so far unearned by the majority of leaders who seem to do nothing but.

When we've been sucked completely dry

The Creature needs its food supply.

It has amassed such awesome wealth

Maybe it can eat itself?

Godspeed Lucius. it's been quite the ride and not always a good one, but all the same I'm glad to have had you as my ally and my friend.

o/

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

On 11/1/2021 at 9:05 PM, Lucius Optimus said:

Credit where credit is due; the membership spread out between, DBDC, CLAWS, and Doom Squad, represent some of the greatest most successful villains we've ever known.

Love it!

------------------------

Good luck on your travels.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, Lucius Optimus said:

Kashmirs most useful function to us was always that of a paperweight (odd considering their paperless status) and when they got active again under J8 I knew it was trouble. Kashmir is easily among the scummiest alliances I know of.

Agreed.

I initially was going to post in this topic laughing at your expense but it is a shame to see someone of your energy leave. You definitely blessed JA to some extent and made us more empathetic with whatever the hell his plight was, though.

Edited by defiled

6 hours ago, defiled said:

Agreed.

I initially was going to post in this topic laughing at your expense but it is a shame to see someone of your energy leave. You definitely blessed JA to some extent and made us more empathetic with whatever the hell his plight was, though.

Even I don't know anymore if I'm being honest. 

I'd guess it has something to do with those mushrooms we ate about a decade ago, then after that I read more useless pieces of literature than one person should in a lifetime. Which made me an overly-cryptic nut who is constantly shifting personas and won't stop babbling on about seeing creatures that aren't really there (apparently).

There's probably some other stuff to unpack that you missed along the way, but let's not and just say we did.