39 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

It's great watching you dance around 

You post, I post.

You dance, I dance.

It's great to watch.

In that sense, the feeling is mutual.

What is CN, after all, without a bit of back and forth 😉

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

It's great watching you dance around to avoid admitting that you popped in agreeing that my apathy was unfounded, when it's really not. Please continue.

Is it really apathy when you're still motivated to respond though? The news bulletin was meant to conclude this sequence of events and clarify that. At this point it's been about 2 pages of you taking great care to tell us how little you care in worded in different ways with little to no actual content relating to the topic.

Did someone hurt you in the past and as a result you've built this shell around yourself to stop it happening again? Ultimately you seem afraid to admit to other people that deep down? You really do care 🥰

It's okay to let it out sometimes buddy.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

23 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

You're point about Korlath is fair and impressed me.  It actually made me think and in that regard it is an effective OWF post.  If there is a next time, asking permission would be appreciated.  This is especially true if you actually do not want war. 

I do not buy the "if we wanted a war we would just go for it" argument, however.  If it were just this one incident where Cobra and friends got on the OWF complaining about CLAWS, then okay, I might accept that Cobra is really interested in peace.  I understand the need for propaganda and spin before and during a war.  However, even though I'm retired, I'm not dead.  Cobra and friends have been badmouthing CLAW and FTW on a regular basis on the OWF before this happened and long after our previous conflict.  It's just baiting, in my opinion.  Your members and government have the perfect right to say what you want, but do not be too surprised when the result is that the people in alliance(s) you are saying it about are skeptical regarding your intentions when there is an incident.  

I appreciate you letting us know how things look from your end. I can understand your skepticism and I admit we, for whatever reason, have been hostile towards you all for a long time now and maybe what you propose for a next time would be a step towards friendlier interactions (or at least not so hostile) as long as the commitment is mutual.

To achieve this, I consider necessary that both sides to reopen direct communications. I don't think any improvement on this matter will be possible without us being able to talk outside of the OWF.  I hope we find ourselves in agreement on this.

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

I just want to point out that countering people actively raiding the alliance has been SOP everywhere I can remember resting my nation since 2009. Why would you ask permission to punch someone back?

I agree, but I also see White Chocolate's point for less hostile interactions.  We have had incidents of friendly fire and we don't counter. No that we can't, but considering there's friendly relations we make an approach like "hey, this dude is a friend of us" and that helps more than going in with a flying kick.  It's obvious there is no friendly relations between us, but arranging a punishment for the sake of avoiding escalations between both factions doesn't sound unreasonable **as long as long as the commitment is mutual**. 

On 7/31/2020 at 10:47 PM, General Kanabis said:

Me telling Canik to suck my balls after a self proclaimed Nazi reroll he was protecting baited me is the exact same thing as Veracity asking an underage player who he barely interacts with if she had been sexually harrassed that day. 

I'm surprised I wasnt rolled for that :awesome:

Was your behavior really that innocent, in comparison? Just look how much context you had to frame both situations with, to feel like you had adequately supported your case, and you have the answer.

Anyway, anyone really and honestly thinking that Veracity's actions (as reported in this thread) were that bad and unheard of of an OOC attack is really new to CN. Which basically no one in the OWF is, at this point.

Not to mention that a non-insignificant minority of you righteous people supported, when not cheered to or even participated into, way worse stuff in the past. A distant past, admittedly.

(You made me feel so old that I almost groped for my non-existent wheelchair... I hate you all!)

More importantly, it has always been bad form to bring OOC issues in IC situations, and especially to justify hostile IC actions. Everyone please continue to feel free to do whatever you want here (not that you'd ask me, anyway), but I'll continue to consider utterly absurd to want to rectify or to repay any OOC bad action with pixel action. You too should feel that your actions in that sense are ridiculous and inadequate.

The story about Lex was the good one, you should have stuck to that.

On the other hand, the banter with DA was good, thanks for that.

4 hours ago, jerdge said:

Was your behavior really that innocent, in comparison? Just look how much context you had to frame both situations with, to feel like you had adequately supported your case, and you have the answer.

Context is what people still come here for. It gives them something to either cheer on or complain about.

And I never claimed innocence. It was awful, sure, but not nearly as awful.

Anyway, anyone really and honestly thinking that Veracity's actions (as reported in this thread) were that bad...

It doesn't matter (at this point) if what he said was "not that bad".

We felt that it was, and we acted accordingly.

If you feel otherwise, feel free to take him into your alliance and console him.

it has always been bad form to bring OOC issues in IC situations, and especially to justify hostile IC actions.

Like that time I said that bad thing and my alliance was curbstomped for it?

:facepalm:

Edited by General Kanabis

6 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

And I never claimed innocence. It was awful, sure, but not nearly as awful.

What do you think would be an appropriate action for your case, then?

It doesn't matter (at this point) if what he said was "not that bad".

We felt that it was, and we acted accordingly.

If you feel otherwise, feel free to take him into your alliance and console him.

I already expressed my point of view about pixel action in these cases. It's stupid. Same would be about IC allegiance as a consequence (or consolation) for this stupidity.

Just for the curious, anyway, the GPA was carefully favourable to second occasions (for people we thought could be nice as game friends, not sure about Veracity) but now we're not active enough to take new members, for whatever reason. The alliance is closed.

Like that time I said that bad thing and my alliance was curbstomped for it?

How did you feel about it?

1 hour ago, Neo Uruk said:

Jerge literally nobody itt that I can think of made unwanted comments towards minors that I can think of so the "you've all been worse" routine is definitely falling upon deaf ears

I can't bring myself to answer seriously to you, of all people, sorry for that.

@jerdge 

Cobra said Kashmir is protected. Lex is the leader of Kashmir. Lex was attacked. Cobra defended Lex. It is quite simple. 

The comment made to me in a public room by an adult man I am not friends with and don't know very well was gross. Whether you think it was good, bad, or indifferent is your opinion. 

However, it was not why we defended Lex. We, Cobra, defended Lex because we said we would. 

This has been the point the whole time, that is the story Cobra sticks to because that is who we are, we defend our friends.

14 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

The comment made to me in a public room by an adult man I am not friends with and don't know very well was gross.

He didn’t know you very well either... regardless, kicking-and-screaming because you felt it deserved a free pass after deciding to use it as political leverage has been disgusting.

I called Johnny Apocalypse out for this and he immaturely attempted to double down, using inappropriate and grotesque gestures like asking me to eat his urine. All-a-while whaling a self righteous victim card over something that should’ve been settled over an apology and a handshake.

Veracity condemned his own behavior and stopped, your side continued to call him names and now he’s understandably going to blow up your baby teir.

Now crawl back to you hole.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

8 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

@jerdge 

Cobra said Kashmir is protected. Lex is the leader of Kashmir. Lex was attacked. Cobra defended Lex. It is quite simple. 

The comment made to me in a public room by an adult man I am not friends with and don't know very well was gross. Whether you think it was good, bad, or indifferent is your opinion. 

However, it was not why we defended Lex. We, Cobra, defended Lex because we said we would. 

This has been the point the whole time, that is the story Cobra sticks to because that is who we are, we defend our friends.

As I wrote, the Lex narrative was good. Keep in mind that I'm talking from an exclusively OOC angle here (IC-ly - had I any IC interest in any IC stuff left in myself, BTW - I couldn't care less about anything and everything, all of you included. Which maybe would be my loss, I don't really know).

Veracity's words (as reported here) were inappropriate and in bad taste. "Gross"  (or "rude") is an apt word to qualify them. My point is that some of those now crying about them didn't even just blink an eye when much worse stuff happened in the past - it was done by their game friends, of course - if they weren't the offender(s), even. Unfortunately, I don't think they just grew up. Considering that verbal abuse didn't magically disappear from their habits, the most probable explanation for their sudden indignation is... of another kind.

AFAIK you're good to go, anyway, your posts here have my personal (and irrelevant ofc) stamp of approval.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

It’s difficult to accept a SLAP on the wrist... almost insulting to the victims in that channel.

CLAWs has Sunk to a new low, harboring the likes where even the admirable Sir Kindle is turning over in his grave right now.

On 7/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

White Chocolate is just the bad type... the unethical type with no moral values and no faithfulness.

We’ve all had that one where we could never bring home to our mums.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:14 AM, Lord Hitchcock said:

It was in reference to her political ambitions.

If sexism was construed in that remark then I apologize.

And I appreciate you holding me accountable in a timely fashion and not supporting that notion. It speaks volumes for the Character and Integrity of the Cobra Sphere and their morality. An example CLAWs should take notice of.

Your outrage is obviously genuine, seeing how consistent you've been :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I called Johnny Apocalypse out for this and he immaturely attempted to double down, using inappropriate and grotesque gestures like asking me to eat his urine.

I'm sure you deserved it 

20200731-195034.jpg