Warrior Ethos

1 hour ago, Smitty256 said:

Not that my opinion means much however I will vouch for Johnny. I have had several off the record conversations with Johnny near the end of the Snake Eyes War and he has always kept it private. He has never tried to use it against me. 

I think it means a lot for someone "on the other side" to publicly share a truth. Cheers!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Smitty256 said:

Not that my opinion means much however I will vouch for Johnny. I have had several off the record conversations with Johnny near the end of the Snake Eyes War and he has always kept it private. He has never tried to use it against me. 

I may not respect you, or your alliance, but your input is appreciated.

And you are correct.

Johnny doesn't leak.

Hello, all.

To be crystal clear, Lex Quintus is one of my dearest friends in this game, as a former Raging Philosopher Kings squadmate in GOONS, as a co-founder of Prototype, and as a general cohort in Kashmir's government. It goes without saying that I have him and his best intentions in mind and hope, whether or not he's presently active, that his nation not be subject of hostile actions. It's a bit of a grey area here, admittedly, since Kashmir doesn't generally extend protection to unaligned nations (and not retroactively) unless it's awarded and advertised in alliance/nation bios.

That latter point is irrelevant however given COBRA, TIE, Sellswords, OC, and SRA announced protection of our membership while we were in the process of regrouping. Those who have since rejoined Kashmir proper I would of course no longer consider privvy to this protection; those who have not - namely (and possibly only?) Lex Quintus - naturally retain protection. That much is clear and I, as a formerly/currently voracious raider myself, would expect alliances to see to it that protected nations aren't raided by their memberships and their protectorates and if they are that offenders are held accountable. That's what COBRA is asking for here.

We have two disgusting interactions from CLAWS (from Claude and from veracity) directed towards an underage female, and two raids (from veracity and from WS) on nations protected by COBRA, TIE, Sellswords, OC, and SRA. A pattern emerges, eh?

The real victims here are the nongovernment members sitting in CLAWs.

What should be an easy case of rouge gone wild, turned into a doubling down PR nightmare.

The worse part is that the CLAWs government’s excuse is that they don’t have time for such issues- or they prefer not to bother.... so I ask, what’s the point of being in government? Is there nobody in that bloated AA that can’t do a better job, or be expected of more than this?

If your government cannot be trusted with simple matters, and don’t want to be bothered with them, then what’s the value of your government? .... Does it even benefit the members? because it sounds like it’s benefiting a few entitled weaklings.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

20 hours ago, James Spanier said:

Do you want me to explain the joke to you or should I ask someone from NG to give you context on the historical reference?

What did we do now?

Edited by Stewie

1 hour ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

If your government cannot be trusted with simple matters, and don’t want to be bothered with them, then what’s the value of your government?

I don’t think I’ve ever agreed with LH before, so this is fun.

100% true. This, right here.

Again, I can hardly wade through all these posts of support for CLAWS, I’ll probably have to work late hours tonight to read through them all. 

Interesting actions from someone who had no idea what they were doing and that would like to descalate things. Someone not looking for a war or drama. 

CLAWS, you still choose to support this idiot?

How long must we wait for your response to this, since you're all so busy and there's no way that you could have seen this already? I ask here and await a response since we're kicked out of your discord, because clearly we're the people in the wrong here...

Again, I'll try to hear your response over the shouts of praise from your many, many supporters showing up in this thread...

veracity has been ordered to stand down and CLAW's leadership has privately professed that it has no intention of causing conflict.

Since then veracity has continued attacks and spied an uninvolved member of COBRA (the one he sexually harrassed no less).

veracity is at this point clearly a rogue. Will be interesting to see if CLAWS supports him.

Edited by SirWilliam

He's not in CLAWS anymore. You three all posting about CLAWS supporting him without noticing is pretty sad. It's almost like you care more about whining on the OWF than actually dealing with the problem.

EDIT: Though I suppose GK would be blameless, except that he also knows that CLAWS has reached out, so... yeah, still silly.

Edited by Tevron
Lol CN Time.

15 minutes ago, Tevron said:

He's not in CLAWS anymore. You three all posting about CLAWS supporting him without noticing is pretty sad. It's almost like you care more about whining on the OWF than actually dealing with the problem.

EDIT: Though I suppose GK would be blameless, except that he also knows that CLAWS has reached out, so... yeah, still silly.

I posted 45 minutes ago

He only left approximately 25 minutes ago (screen time)

20200731-084603.jpg

And what's more, his new AA description makes a mockery of his actions.

20200731-084859.jpg

Rogue busting was our preference too.

Thanks for the input. 

Edited by General Kanabis

12 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

I posted 45 minutes ago

He only left approximately 25 minutes ago (screen time)

20200731-084603.jpg

And what's more, his new AA description makes a mockery of his actions.

20200731-084859.jpg

Rogue busting was our preference too.

Thanks for the input. 

Your post is still nonsense. You know your leader was working it out, so any act by veracity would obviously be without the support or approval of CLAWS. There comes a point where you're no longer a victim and it's when the situation has already been resolved by your better in JA. The other two tack-ons show that they care a lot more about OWF circlejerk than the state of affairs in this situation -- Since CLAWS was working toward a diplomatic resolution.

Edited by Tevron

22 minutes ago, SirWilliam said:

Check timestamps you donut, he left CLAWS either after we posted or literally nearly simultaneously.

OOC ATTACKS GO BRRRRR. WHEN WILL KASHMIR TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIS MAN CALLING ME A LITERAL DONUT.

[OOC] In all seriousness, my forum time and cn time were both different than my IRL time, so I thought you posted an hour after he left. It was my bad. [/OOC] 

I still think it was an overly dramatic response to the situation in any case, but yeah the timing was off due to user error.

Edited by Tevron
just in case i need to do OOC tags.

3 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

Interesting that you view what was said to me as the same as you being called a donut. 

I don't and I condemn it. I wanted veracity ejected from CLAWS when this came out, and he would've been if it was GATO.

However, I can make light of COBRA using OOC attacks as some kind of banner of righteousness as they seem to care about them for the very first time in their history. They have systematically promoted OOC and personal attacks outside of this scenario and never condemned anyone who have partaken in them.

Edited by Tevron

9 minutes ago, Tevron said:

I still think it was an overly dramatic response to the situation in any case, but yeah the timing was off due to user error.

This doesn’t go without merit, both sides seem to be under the impression that the other is out to get them- the calmer heads will prevail.

47 minutes ago, Tevron said:

I don't and I condemn it. I wanted veracity ejected from CLAWS when this came out, and he would've been if it was GATO.

However, I can make light of COBRA using OOC attacks as some kind of banner of righteousness as they seem to care about them for the very first time in their history. They have systematically promoted OOC and personal attacks outside of this scenario and never condemned anyone who have partaken in them.

So you don't think that Claws should have aided him?

Citizens. Let's settle down.

There's limited benefit which can come from this debate.

Veracity has now left Claws.  It is now between him and Cobra to resolve their differences in whichever forum they end up deciding to pursue.

I for one think we should wait patiently for the next TDT and that more people should send me tech 😅

10 minutes ago, Stewie said:

Veracity has now left Claws.  It is now between him and Cobra to resolve their differences in whichever forum they end up deciding to pursue.

I for one think we should wait patiently for the next TDT and that more people should send me tech 😅

He's right 

We should get a hell of an article out of this

Send him tech 

30 minutes ago, Stewie said:

I for one am the picture of calmness. I would just like to know Tevron's opinion since he is a respected member of his alliance and an important figure in RFI.

48 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

So you don't think that Claws should have aided him?

If you mean in-game aid, I think that they should not have. Based on their decision-making process,  they anticipated Veracity would accept the punishment they were working out for him and that is in line with my expectations for how these situations are usually handled, even though it may diverge from my personal opinion. I respect that pretty much every alliance will make choices differently than I would. I think that a few rounds is fair when it comes to punishment for the initial Lex related crime and whether or not aid should or shouldn't be sent there would be at the discretion of the involved parties. 

I don't know the full extent to the OOC harassment, so I can't say how that would affect my own opinion with regards to aid. But he already would have been unprotected by the raiding clause of my alliance to begin with and wouldn't have been given any aid by GATO in that case. One of my senators will be sanctioning veracity on brown when he's next online unless someone else beats us to it.