Warrior Ethos

1 hour ago, Master Hakai said:

I didn't realize white choc and someone else were sending the dude war aid to help in the fight against lex quintus, lol. YIKES! Hate to see it

Obviously you're lacking the knowledge and how to properly look things up. You can very well see the peace had already been sent to Lex prior to any Aid being sent out. I would have thought that with your time in this game you would have been able to look that up.Your ineptitude is showing.

Edited by veracity
Talk to text malfunctions

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, veracity said:

Obviously you're lacking the knowledge and how to properly look things up. You can very well see the peace had already been sent to Lex prior to any Aid being sent out. I would have thought that with your time in this game you would have been able to look that up.Your ineptitude is showing.

Ah put your RFI issued gag back on we don't wanna hear it. 

Core of the problem is this is like the fourth time in like 60 days we've at the brink of war. Its a deadly pattern only a public acknowledgment could fix. 

(Maybe)

Edited by Lucius Optimus

5 minutes ago, Lucius Optimus said:

Ah put your RFI issued gag back on we don't wanna hear it. 

Do you want me to explain the joke to you or should I ask someone from NG to give you context on the historical reference?

11 minutes ago, James Spanier said:

Do you want me to explain the joke to you or should I ask someone from NG to give you context on the historical reference?

We prefer to stay on topic 

If this is to that aim, then by all means

27 minutes ago, veracity said:

You really should listen to Tevron.

We don't want WC to have to go in to work on a Saturday because you made things worse.

Rewarding you for being a creep is still a bad look for your alliance.

2 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Perhaps he did act with individual intention.

Now CLAWS is supporting that intention by aiding him while at war and not admitting that he messed up. 

Super stoked to watch them flail about supporting someone who is garbage.

You all attacked him without our permission.  If COBRA had worked something out with CLAWS BEFORE attacking him as some type of deal that would have been one thing.  That didn't happen.  And I've already covered that Cobra knows where to find claude.  Next time wait until there is some type of agreement before you go attacking a member of our alliance.  Like I said, I expected you all to be talking about our member's offensive comment within 24 hours of pointing it out to us but I have to admit, the fact that you attacked too I was not expecting.  Congrats - that pissed me off enough to give him aid.  Alliance mates are supposed to support their members who are attacked.

All of you would be screaming bloody murder if this situation were reversed.  If I or someone at CLAWS said we were offend about a comment made in the general membership area of your  discord channel , started demanding an answer in it before your government even had time to talk about it between themselves and we badmouthed Cobra in your public channel because no one said something until someone made a comment, you might have kicked us off. 

We do not make a habit of monitoring what every member says all time (OCC: and most of us still have jobs that > than CN drama - plus CN is basically dead.)  

If three of us then attacked your member that night without working out some type of deal with Cobra, there would probably be at least aid flying to him or her in a few hours time and more screaming on the OWF about it  If the situation were reversed, your membership would probably be attacking the ones who attacked your guy without your permission already and you might have DOW'ed too and your government would be claiming it is justifiable self-defense. 

Alliance are supposed to defend their members - that is one of the primary basis for joining an alliance in the first place - mutual protection.  The least I could have done is provided aid.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I like Lex.  However that is not what was discussed in any talks I paid attention too. 

19 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Rewarding you for being a creep is still a bad look for your alliance.

I don’t see the warrant to label him a creep, I’m looking at his avatar and he seems pretty genuine

1 hour ago, veracity said:

Classic deflection!

An orangutan making a thumbs-up gesture. The apes ... - Photos ...

34 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

You all attacked him without our permission.  If COBRA had worked something out with CLAWS BEFORE attacking him as some type of deal that would have been one thing.  That didn't happen.  And I've already covered that Cobra knows where to find claude.  Next time wait until there is some type of agreement before you go attacking a member of our alliance.  Like I said, I expected you all to be talking about our member's offensive comment within 24 hours of pointing it out to us but I have to admit, the fact that you attacked too I was not expecting.  Congrats - that pissed me off enough to give him aid.  Alliance mates are supposed to support their members who are attacked.

All of you would be screaming bloody murder if this situation were reversed.  If I or someone at CLAWS said we were offend about a comment made in the general membership area of your  discord channel , started demanding an answer in it before your government even had time to talk about it between themselves and we badmouthed Cobra in your public channel because no one said something until someone made a comment, you might have kicked us off. 

We do not make a habit of monitoring what every member says all time (OCC: and most of us still have jobs that > than CN drama - plus CN is basically dead.)  

If three of us then attacked your member that night without working out some type of deal with Cobra, there would probably be at least aid flying to him or her in a few hours time and more screaming on the OWF about it  If the situation were reversed, your membership would probably be attacking the ones who attacked your guy without your permission already and you might have DOW'ed too and your government would be claiming it is justifiable self-defense. 

Alliance are supposed to defend their members - that is one of the primary basis for joining an alliance in the first place - mutual protection.  The least I could have done is provided aid.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I like Lex.  However that is not what was discussed in any talks I paid attention too. 

Do you think you can TL;DR this eyesore.

Some of us HAVE JOBS

and we don't necessarily have the time to read an entire novel because we are at WORK and HAVING A JOB > CN

Did I mention our JOBS already?

Well that's part of it too, you see; jobbity job job job.

I'm sure there are procedures we could have followed, sure...

But we think our reaction was more than reasonable. You are effectively choosing to continue standing up for garbage.

6 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

What a sorry response considering the comment was left SEEN and unresponded to for nearly 8 hours. And there was, what 12+ hours after it was seen before anyone attacked. 

I do not even look at the general area on our discord for days and I am considered active by many people's standards. Unless someone actually @White Chocolate me, even if I do look it is just a casual glance.  Although I can not speak for other government members, as I have said before, nation leaders are busy busy people.  I do not think I have ever seen any issue resolved in less than 24 hours, which is why I am surprised that you attacked that night.

You know very well that there are hold ups due to people being busy.  Twelve hours is not a lot of time by CN standards to work out a government to government issue even in the most active of times.  If Cobra could not wait at least 24 hours before 3 people do a coordinated attack on our member (which I assume was government approved) the way I personally see it (again, I am not government so this is my opinion and not anything more) is that you all want a war and are just looking for an excuse.  

Edited by White Chocolate

9 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

you all want a war and are just looking for an excuse.  

Yeah because we are the ones full of treaties and compromising political arrangements that leave us carefully maneuvering and systematically plotting easy wars where we can justify more curbstomps, right?

LOL

When COBRA wants to war you, we do it.

35 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Unless someone actually @White Chocolate me, even if I do look it is just a casual glance. 

Weird, I did just that.

And several members and gov were green when it was posted and throughout the day. 

Crickets.

I'll go ahead and say it now, you can feel free to attack me without talking to anyone if I:

1. Attack someone that my alliance has already said is protected.

2. Ever ask out of the blue if ANYONE has been sexually harassed.

*I also do not expect any aid from my alliance in these circumstances, and I fully expect to be shunned and have to take my punishment if the above occur, in fact, I would be quite disappointed in my alliance if they did attempt to support me and did not make me suffer for these wrongdoings. 

You clearly support this behavior, you walnut. All of you in CLAWS do. 

And why oh why is it always on us to come running to you? CLAWS should come running to the alliance that their idiot member attacked (or those that they're protecting) AND to the alliance that their same idiot member harassed. YOUR alliance member is in the wrong. They knew they were wrong IMMEDIATELY. It's on your alliance to fix this, no one else.

Look at all of your supporters stampeding to agree with your ridiculousness.

Edited by CrinkledStraw

16 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Weird, I did just that.

I took a look at the at the conversation in general again.  Tehol responded once you @ him under 5 minutes regarding the inappropriate comment and said it was inappropriate but he had to consult other government members.  Jazzy commented within the hour that the comment was not something CLAWS condoned, he was sorry for the comment and that he would talk to the member once he responds.   Lyanna thanked him for the response.  It was made very clear that CLAWS was in the process of getting it worked out. 

------------------------------------

Again - I am not responding to the situation regarding Lex because I have not been following that particular drama.  I am not government and am happily retired.

Edited by White Chocolate

1 hour ago, White Chocolate said:

You all attacked him without our permission.  If COBRA had worked something out with CLAWS BEFORE attacking him as some type of deal that would have been one thing.  That didn't happen.  And I've already covered that Cobra knows where to find claude.  Next time wait until there is some type of agreement before you go attacking a member of our alliance.  Like I said, I expected you all to be talking about our member's offensive comment within 24 hours of pointing it out to us but I have to admit, the fact that you attacked too I was not expecting.  Congrats - that pissed me off enough to give him aid.  Alliance mates are supposed to support their members who are attacked

This is good irony, thank you.

Your alliance member attacked a Kashmir nation without our permission, he specifically went against the denied permission in this very OP.

I don't need 'permission' from you and yours to authorise a defensive strike in response to a breach of very clearly violated boundaries. We have only attacked the offending nation, it's not like we've blanket declared you for it, chill out. We're discussing it now are we not? We have presented our request for the desired course of action.

If achieving that meant actually retaliating and sticking to our word to get something done about this constant sabre rattling then so be it.

And fine, aid away I'm sure we'll be doing the same. I don't really care about that but CrinkledStraw makes a very salient point regardless.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

30 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

Yeah because we are the ones full of treaties and compromising political arrangements that leave us carefully maneuvering and systematically plotting easy wars where we can justify more curbstomps, right?

LOL

When COBRA wants to war you, we do it.

I was thinking more along the lines that you are the ones that like war and drama and are bored with the current politics of CN.

2 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

that particular drama. 

You're the one who brought up if the tables were turned how things would go down.

What a weird way to address a CLAWS member attacking a CLEARLY protected individual. If we said that about someone under your protection you'd froth at the mouth. No comments on how it's a CLAWS member that messed up over and over again, so that it's CLAWS responsibility to solve it, eh? No comments on much.

5 minutes ago, CrinkledStraw said:

You're the one who brought up if the tables were turned how things would go down.

What a weird way to address a CLAWS member attacking a CLEARLY protected individual. If we said that about someone under your protection you'd froth at the mouth. No comments on how it's a CLAWS member that messed up over and over again, so that it's CLAWS responsibility to solve it, eh? No comments on much.

I am not going to comment on something I am not all that familiar about.  I do not froth at the mouth either.  I am more of the take my ball and leave and not talk to you again anytime soon type.  My example about things being turned around and how it would go down was just about the issue with someone making an insulting comment in the general discussion.  That's it.  To be clear, I am not saying I support Cobra's position regarding Lex either.  I just can not e-lawyer some issue I know little about.  Now in the spirit of deciding to take my ball and leave, I think I have said all that I care to at this point.  :Salute: 

CLAWS, (spoiler alert) the leaders of our alliances share a chat and I can give you my word that we are NOT trying to start a war.  As GK said, if we wanted a war we would just go for it, just like we did last time, and I can tell you this time we are way better prepared for one, so we legit just don't want to fight over this, however; I do believe your guy IS in the wrong and deserves to have some sort of punishment just like our guy was punished by you all when our guy was in the wrong.  You all did not ask us "permission" to counter Korlath, you just went ahead and did it and THEN negotiated his punishment and that's okay, you had EVERY right to do so. Back then you considered punishment fair when we were in your position and we allowed the punishment to take place, so it is only fair that as we took responsibility back then, you take responsibility for your member's actions now.

Now I will go back to DEFCON 5 and advise my peers to do the same as I believe this will get solved fairly and without sacrificing nations that had nothing to do with Veracity's actions.

8 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

I am more of the take my ball and leave and not talk to you again anytime soon type.  

Good. Go. 

Admin knows its what y'all want.  You even closed Lunns embassy lol. 

There are definitely reasons you guys stay off OWF generally. 

1. You can't handle it

2. Terrible puplic debate ability 

3. Often you have no leg to stand on. 

Imagine if people in CLAWS and such actually read the forum instead of being told to ingnore it all the time. I bet that would be dangerous. 

19 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You seem to be only addressing veracity's OOC comments, which as you have said an apology has been made. That is their business to deal with and should have no bearing on the political nature of the sequence of events. Apology made, whether or not it is accepted or whatever is their business because of the nature of the comment itself not being IC.

However that being said; my interest is solely focussed on the actions of Veracity with regards to his attack on a Kashmir nation (their former leader no-less) and his attempt to feign ignorance that he "didn't know" - both you and I know this is not at all true. Let us also add the incident where he tried to coerce us into plotting against your ally NPO and we see a correlation of aggressive and malicious behaviour toward us and our direct allies. Whether or not that is supported by CLAWS as a whole or if Veracity is acting on his own is irrelevant; he flies your banner and his actions are your responsibility. Stop trying to deflect and accept responsiblity.

I have spoken with Claude in private and detailed what our expectations are from CLAWS in order to resolve this. A simple "we're sorry" and "we told him to stop doing that" is not sufficient. Veracity knew exactly what he was doing, he is not some inactive nation who is oblivious to the politics of this world. If he were then chances are we'd be more open to dealing with this privately, but given continued aggressive behaviour from your alliance I am now inclined to draw a line in the sand and declare that this ends here and now. We do not believe for a second that he did not know what he was doing, as has been made pretty clear by one of the leaders of your own bloc-mate earlier in this thread.

You have our requirements for de-escalation, the choice is yours whether or not you choose to acknowledge wrong-doing on your part or try and fob it off with more behind-the-scene unrepentant and insincere promises that it won't happen again. We are not the party in the wrong, you are the aggressor against our ally that we publicly stated our protection for (if our long-standing treaty wasn't enough to give you a hint that it was not okay to hit Lex)

Again, we responded publicly because your government shut down your channel for our members, you also left our own channel at the same time. Now I don't know about you but that doesn't exactly scream "We're open to diplomacy why didn't you contact us?" it says quite the opposite.

Either you approve/don't care about Veracity's IC actions or you condemn them. We request clarity of your intentions in the form of a public statement.

Considering the alternative? I think I know which is the more sensible choice.

Not that my opinion means much however I will vouch for Johnny. I have had several off the record conversations with Johnny near the end of the Snake Eyes War and he has always kept it private. He has never tried to use it against me.