Top Five Worst Alliances of All Time

Malik Shabazz

I am going to have to defend my long lost love.

4. ICP for getting themselved temporary banned over their infostore app which was public.

ICP got banned for retroactively breaking rules. There was no rule forbidding the tool we used at the time we used it. The outrage that act caused in huge deal of CN players and quick revisal of the decision pointed quite clearly to that beind a poor decision.

No particular order:

*International Communist Party - "Try, try again" didn't work out too good for them...

Only thing I (and we) did wrong was to trust the word of people such as Kaiser Martens. Our crime was naiveity.

To be fair if you wanted to pick truly horrible Leftie alliances, we've had plenty of those too. I'd pick SWF, which was pretty much like mini-Legion (mini by 400-500 members) pre-GW3. Folded like a house of cards that alliance did. ICP I'd actually rate as one of the betters ones we've had.

Edit: For the topic at hand, ranking the "worst alliance of all time" is a bit challenging, we've had plenty of alliances that have at one time or another been absolutely horrible that have some around. Just think of all the alliances we've called WAE over the years. You could prolly make a list of "10 worsts WAEs". I guess it would be easiest to judge alliances that have ceased to exist.

Also with regards to /b/, no matter the seriousness of their crimes I can't but harbour some sympathy for them for their completely random declaration of war on WUT in GW3. WUT was evil :|

Edited by Finnish Commie

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost never.

Ouch. Sorry WTF! I jinxed it.

If you think that was a weak move go take a look at how pissed all the NPO IOs were in the disbandment thread. They had no deire for us to scatter across CN and hunted many of us to PZI and EZI. And the disbandment lead directly to Vox through Starfox101's leadership.

Again, not entirely true. IAA was not my only run in with NPO, and the motivation was more the forced disbandment of the first Vox Populi.

I would wager that Polaris has faced far more pressure than anything \m/ ever faced and guess who is still around? \m/ was and always will be a blowhard, yellow-bellied alliance. The members could have been some of the best in the world, and yes, they did have a lot of good members. But as a whole, the alliance was worthless and as to be found out, useless in the end. One round of talks and they cry and disband. Could not even last long enough to try and negotiate. You talk about your gov disappearing but you had gov left and gained new gov. Not our fault that your new gov was apparently !@#$%*. This is why I don't blame anyone but Junka/IAA for disbanding IAA. GATO survived, IAA disbanded because it was weak. \m/ and Genmay were weak. They died and at least for Genmay, they came out ahead with Umbrella as their legacy. \m/ has a bunch of people waxing nostalgia over an alliance that was nothing more than a bunch of thugs that enjoyed raiding but when it came to real fighting, collapsed rather quickly. 

So yeah nuff said on that front. Still tired of hearing how wonderful \m/ was as an alliance. A community, fine. Y'all had a wonderful community but a weak and pathetic alliance.

I'm not going to read that but you have proved to me again the passionate hatred you have stored up in your heart for an alliance that's not been around for years, which tells me we did a pretty great job. There's a lot of AA's I think are shit, so I spend very little time thinking or talking about them. If said AA's had been able to leave any sort of impression on me maybe I'd write up paragraphs of cuss-filled hate speeches like the ones you conjure up each time \m/'s greatness and legacy comes up in a thread. You type long angry paragraphs, all I read is "\m/'s radness was so mind-blowing, I have a hard time putting it into words but here's my attempt." and I thank you for your compliments!

I'm not going to read that but you have proved to me again the passionate hatred you have stored up in your heart for an alliance that's not been around for years, which tells me we did a pretty great job. There's a lot of AA's I think are !@#$, so I spend very little time thinking or talking about them. If said AA's had been able to leave any sort of impression on me maybe I'd write up paragraphs of cuss-filled hate speeches like the ones you conjure up each time \m/'s greatness and legacy comes up in a thread. You type long angry paragraphs, all I read is "\m/'s radness was so mind-blowing, I have a hard time putting it into words but here's my attempt." and I thank you for your compliments!

I see this as a common thought process amongst the truly retarded, ""OMGZ he replied therefore he is butthurt about how good we was''.  It follows right along with ''OMFGZ we winnin this time, youze are all $%^& foreve. we r WINNAZ''.  We engage because we like to, we engage because without it there are just meaningless pixels and we engage because our opinions are our opinions and we like to express them.  You on the other hand seem to continually express the notion that anyone who likes something or defends something or stands for something must be in some way inferior to you because you don't care about anything because you are sooooo cool or that our protests about you mean that we are crying in the corner rather than just engaging for the sake of maintaining something of the purpose of the forums.

The reality is I troll every \m/ post I possibly can because it is like shooting fish in a bath, the only surprise is which retarded justification of your ''greatness'' you will resort to, however over the last millions years even those retarded responses have become formula.  You didn't do a great job, thats not why people mock your assertions of greatness, you promote yourselves as something you clearly were not and people tell you you were not, but somehow in your own retarded world that means you are great because we care too much.  LOL\m/

IAA was a good deal stronger than GATO. Remember before the war, GATO had been trying to lay as low as possible, sneaking Chris Khaos into govt as a reroll and so forth. IAA, Chim and myself on the other hand had no qualms accepting people NPO hated like starfox101, and we treated controversial alliances like Sons of Muspel. We didn't cower at the prospect of NPO not liking us. In fact we let our members troll them constantly on the OWF.

Of course we figured NPO would respect our honest style of government and we were very careful to fight the war according to the rules at the time (I kicked a couple people for nuking), but when it became clear that NPO would never let us have peace without a viceroy basically everyone said "$%&@ that." The decision what to do next could have been solely mine but I put up a vote and the membership made it clear that we would disband before a viceroy. GATO of course accepted a viceroy and it totally changed their culture, but I still stand by our decision and I am glad IAA disbanded when its time was up and didn't survive to be like GATO is today.

If you think that was a weak move go take a look at how pissed all the NPO IOs were in the disbandment thread. They had no deire for us to scatter across CN and hunted many of us to PZI and EZI. And the disbandment lead directly to Vox through Starfox101's leadership.

War mechanics were much different back then and it was simply not possible to fight the war of resistance NpO is fighting today but if you ask me Polaris has the closest mentality to the old IAA Ive come across and that's why I love it. Polar is definitely better organized and staffed though. Damn shame IAA never got to join BLEU like I wanted.

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. Mainly, all of it.

Was Loki even in \m/ because I don't remember that at all

No, but people I call brothers-in-arms were a part of it.

We may be loud mouths, but at least we backed it up during war instead of taking our ball and going home. \m/ was one of the most spectacular explosions in this planets history.

A losing war, mind you.

...You do realize that both alliances fought in a losing war, right? \m/ disbanded early on in the Unjust War -- I'm not saying that in a negative sense, as they were told at the negotiation tables "you're going to be our tech farms for eternity" or something along those lines. There was no fortelling how long the alliance could actually be held at war, and leadership pulled the plug.

Also something something unfortunate timing on members being removed from the game

I'm not going to read that but you have proved to me again the passionate hatred you have stored up in your heart for an alliance that's not been around for years, which tells me we did a pretty great job. There's a lot of AA's I think are !@#$, so I spend very little time thinking or talking about them. If said AA's had been able to leave any sort of impression on me maybe I'd write up paragraphs of cuss-filled hate speeches like the ones you conjure up each time \m/'s greatness and legacy comes up in a thread. You type long angry paragraphs, all I read is "\m/'s radness was so mind-blowing, I have a hard time putting it into words but here's my attempt." and I thank you for your compliments!

Anger? no not really. Annoyance at people like you who wax nostalgic on an alliance who could barely hold out a month of war before running away like cowards? An alliance full of people who would mercilessly raid others and if those people fought back, would keep them at war for as long as you pleased? An alliance who could not handle being on the other side of those kind of wars? So, no. If I thought \m/ was rad, I would say so. You can read whatever you want into my posts, that is your perogative but it simply shows you are just delusional. 

A little case of the pot calling the kettle black Mr. MI6.

We have already lasted longer than a month without disbanding in a losing war. We have already caused far more damage proportionally than \m/. (having fought \m/ in that war, most of them were fucking pathetic in war. Could barely coordinate and usually ended up turtling within a couple of days into the round) 

No, but people I call brothers-in-arms were a part of it.

A losing war, mind you.

You really have no clue about anything. I mean, I thought Master Hakai's post was idiotic in his twisted interpretation of what I posted, but man, you clearly take the cake. Do you really think MI6 is on the winning side of this war?

I am going to have to defend my long lost love.

ICP got banned for retroactively breaking rules. There was no rule forbidding the tool we used at the time we used it. The outrage that act caused in huge deal of CN players and quick revisal of the decision pointed quite clearly to that beind a poor decision.

Well, the worst alliance title comes from the thingy being public, least you could have done was put a password on it... :P 

You really have no clue about anything. I mean, I thought Master Hakai's post was idiotic in his twisted interpretation of what I posted, but man, you clearly take the cake. Do you really think MI6 is on the winning side of this war?

Because this is what I said.

:facepalm:

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Anger? no not really. Annoyance at people like you who wax nostalgic on an alliance who could barely hold out a month of war before running away like cowards? An alliance full of people who would mercilessly raid others and if those people fought back, would keep them at war for as long as you pleased? An alliance who could not handle being on the other side of those kind of wars? So, no. If I thought \m/ was rad, I would say so. You can read whatever you want into my posts, that is your perogative but it simply shows you are just delusional. 

We have already lasted longer than a month without disbanding in a losing war. We have already caused far more damage proportionally than \m/. (having fought \m/ in that war, most of them were !@#$@#$ pathetic in war. Could barely coordinate and usually ended up turtling within a couple of days into the round) 

Yeah, if only most of the loudest members of \m/ kept fighting and wearing the AA for months of nuclear war even though the government disbanded the alliance. If only the private IRC was filled with members yelling that they would rather keep fighting than disband, Oh wait, those did happen.  

\m/ was already in a very unstable spot before the UJW due to it's leadership being removed from the game so when the only gov we had decided we were disbanding there just wasn't enough organization left to do anything about it and still have it feel like the same alliance.

You can paint the alliance as cowards all you want but anyone who actually has a clue knows you are full of it. Personally \m/ taught me that my nation was just a bunch of numbers that didn't matter and that's how I played and I did some pretty cool things because of the attitude that alliance instilled in me. 

Yeah, if only most of the loudest members of \m/ kept fighting and wearing the AA for months of nuclear war even though the government disbanded the alliance. If only the private IRC was filled with members yelling that they would rather keep fighting than disband, Oh wait, those did happen.  

\m/ was already in a very unstable spot before the UJW due to it's leadership being removed from the game so when the only gov we had decided we were disbanding there just wasn't enough organization left to do anything about it and still have it feel like the same alliance.

You can paint the alliance as cowards all you want but anyone who actually has a clue knows you are full of it. Personally \m/ taught me that my nation was just a bunch of numbers that didn't matter and that's how I played and I did some pretty cool things because of the attitude that alliance instilled in me. 

Virillus was unworthy of his position and the governmen at the time made a foolish mistake, we saw VietFAN, The membership could have stood the test.

We can take comfort in the legacy \m/ left behind as a community. Many of the ties between alliances that exist now began due to friends who were apart of \m/ "keeping the band together".

And Kash\m/ir has the highest concentration of people left; we're also the hosts of the yearly reunion. We'll be having another one this year; I'll put it out when we get it organized.

It's kind of a joke to claim MI6 is even in the top 50 of worst alliances, all things considered.

If you want to vent your IC dislike of an alliance, there are better and less obvious ways of doing it than suggesting a rather wildly successful alliance is one of the worst of all time (all things considered: despite a relatively short existence -- high activity/staying power, major role in two of the last biggest wars, great performances in each, the infamy/notoriety/impressive lineup of its members, the IC controversy /entertainment it has provided as opposed to the OOC dickery of some alliances of the past -- etc.)

The idea that alliances are afraid of losing wars is the sad state of affairs in CN. People will ditch allies, hell, even hit them or refrain from entering at all for the fear of losing a war and/or losing some pixels. I'm glad I'm in an alliance of only 80 that can take a hit (or knife in the back,) from some of the largest and most respected war machines this game has to offer, hold its own and then dust it off in a few months when others might be set back years.

I can't imagine wanting to be anywhere else.

Other than that I don't care about this thread.

You get no juice.

Edited by IYIyTh