Top Five Worst Alliances of All Time

Malik Shabazz

Come on man, thread is worst alliances of all time, not "5 alliances you hate most right now".

I'd have to say. ..:

1. /b/ - I think that was their name. Those asshats from the old forums.
2. Illiminati - Can't remember the dudes name but he spent thousands in donations years ago trying to make it and failed miserably.
3. AI - So much potential and now look where they are.
4. GOLD - Crumbled/disbanded with little fight when NPO came after them.
5. GGA - Loved the alliance but... little explanation needed here.

And since I only post on OWF all of maybe 5 times a year, I'll throw in my top 5:

1. NPO - Only alliance to ever hold control over Bob.
2. MK - No explanation needed.
3. TOP - Nothing but respect for those folks. The game would certainly not be the same without them.
4. FAN - Once top rated alliance then VietFAN... Taught all of Bob the impotance of warchests.
5. R&R - One of, if not the, most friendly/trustworthy alliance in the game.

Now back to watching people !@#$%* about who's on the other side of the war.

To OP: Probably should have posted this after the war if you wanted any good discussion.

They are alliances that are universally considered bad. For various reasons.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have stopped there, the rest is just adding to an already monumental pile of evidence supporting this fact.

Also damn this place for making me agree with Marx :(

Yeah well we already know that CN aside we get along just fine and agree on some things.

1. LoSS / SNX hands down wins this one. They sucked so much since 2006, and kept it up for 8+ steady years so far and didn't fail to deliver yet again.
2. CCC for bringing the concept of large religious alliances to Planet Bob again.
3. TDO for personal reasons which I won't bother talking about.
4. ICP for getting themselved temporary banned over their infostore app which was public.
5. OLN because lame alliance destroying nazis are never welcome.

8 years must come by awfully quickly for SNX.

\m/, because of the annual tear fest, we get it, really, we do. Stop reminding us of the unsurmountable odds you faced and folded against.

All the ~ alliances because of the monthly tear fest, we get it, really, we do. Stop reminding us of the stagnation you created and still perpetuate.

\m/, because of the annual tear fest, we get it, really, we do. Stop reminding us of the unsurmountable odds you faced and folded against.

I'm glad that people saying things about subjects they obviously know very little or nothing about is still such a popular thing to do on these forums. 

1. GGA. I don't even think that I need to go into why.

2. UPN/USN. I count them as one. If you were around and an active alliance leader 4-5 years ago, you know why.

3. Legion. I don't know if they improved in my absense, but back in my day they were a punchline.

4. Echelon. Blowhards and braggarts for no good reason.

5. Ragnarok (during it's final year or so). Might be an odd choice coming from me, but it's true. From Tautology screwing over VE (and all their other allies too), to their treatment of SF, to Kait's poor FA decisions, to the Bob and Joe coup, to the awful decision to put Adele in charge. Just ... a complete trainwreck.

Honorable mention: GDI. They were truly awful, but also small and irrelevant so they won't make my list.

Saved me the effort of typing this out.

Although the real problem with Tautology's deed was not so much that he screwed over VE (VE might disagree) but that the ruling council at the time failed completely in gauging what would and what would not be acceptable to the membership/internal movers and shakers.

That which came later... Yeah.

Also: no one remembers TGE? Edited by Helbrecht

Wow, long time no see and after all these years I'm glad you still remember us, even if it's only for infamy.

We're basically retired ourselves, so don't hold anything I say against current UPN, which is an entirely new animal, far more professional and competant than I ever was. (If you're curious check us out, you joining UPN would surely set tongues wagging for months) ;)

It came down to this, if you were ever curious, I really didn't like superfriends and had ambitions to set up CDT as a rival bloc, partly because I thought giving focus to CDT was what it needed and partly because everyone needs a hobby. The execution though was hopeless, for a whole host of reasons: too few people were behind the plan, we were too small, we we took you on when you had better contacts, CDT wasn't remotely united etc. i.e. Total failure and SF smashed us, but it was a lot of fun trying.

Were did Ragnarok fit into that? Well, Ragnarok being a member of both blocs wasn't going to work for me, so yes, I did push for Rok's removal from CDT. Perhaps not wise given your growing influence, but heh. Was it personal? No, not from this end, we hardly ever talked so tbh it was hard to form an opinion. We just decided to go after SF in general rather than try and find out if you were actually nice people or not. (Which I'm sure many of you were!)

The sad thing was I really cared about CDT and wanted to make it work, but looking back I was probably the main architect of it's failure, but that had less to do with anything SF did and more to do with juggling an ill-conceived foreign affairs policy based on too many treaties leading out of the bloc.

Anyway. I should attempt to answer your accusation ;) Was UPN/USN (as you put it) a bad alliance? Actually, foreign affairs-wise, yes I think we were. We spent too much time worrying about CDT, what SF was doing and keeping all our numerous allies happy to have a remotely co-ordinated foreign policy. Also, if UPN/USN was one alliance, we disagreed about everything.

Beyond that though UPN had a wonderful recruitment team, a very solid finance team and (at the time you knew us, i.e. pre-Alchemy) a very good internal cohesion within the alliance. So strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway, love to hear from you more, especially your side of the story. In private if you'd prefer that to a open letter.

Either way, good to see you again,

Alt

You're still a moron for comparing things that happened in a game to Nazis. That is how stupid people try to say how bad something is by trying to qualify it with a "Literally Hitler" comparison that isn't only always wrong, but offensive too. Not to me, but I'm sure people whose families barely survived the holocaust would take exception to some hack trivializing it to make a dumb point on the internet about a group of people he doesn't like by comparing their milquetoast misdeeds to mass murderers.

I like how you resort to elementary school insults here and change the subject without even acknowledging even once that mistakes were made in the distance past and that the new GOONS (a true reboot of the original) has learned from its past mistakes and will be a successful alliance once again.

I do wish the new GOONS well and hope that is the case.  As for you...*sigh* not much helping people who won't help themselves.

Someone should go through this thread and count original (that is, non-quoted) mentions of various alliances just to give us a running tally. I'd do it, but, y'know, I'm about to go to bed. Plus I don't care. :v:

OHAI! I thought you left before I did.

I did....I think. Came back last August.

I like how you resort to elementary school insults here and change the subject without even acknowledging even once that mistakes were made in the distance past and that the new GOONS (a true reboot of the original) has learned from its past mistakes and will be a successful alliance once again.

I do wish the new GOONS well and hope that is the case.  As for you...*sigh* not much helping people who won't help themselves.

You're a clown. Comparing bad things that happen in a game to bad things that happened in the real world, specifically atrocities perpetuated by the Nazis and the Third Reich, is dumb. You are dumb. Backpedal yourself into your mother's womb so we don't have to acknowledge that you exist.

Always tough:

1.  GDI - ryangdi enough said

2.  UPN

3.  Legion

4.  GGA

5.  Gre under Ramirus - idiots running bad alliances always leads to fun, but it takes on a special kind of fun when an idiot manages to turn one of the most competent alliances into a joke.  

You're a clown. Comparing bad things that happen in a game to bad things that happened in the real world, specifically atrocities perpetuated by the Nazis and the Third Reich, is dumb. You are dumb. Backpedal yourself into your mother's womb so we don't have to acknowledge that you exist.

Labeling everything we dislike as nazism is a freedom our grandparents earnt for us with they blood, sweat and tears.

I will not surrender that gift, but hold on it with all my respect and pride. Their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Edited by Krashnaia