Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

No, we simply take MD to mean "when requested", and we have enough respect for our allies to let them make their own decisions, with our aid coming only if and when they decide.

We treat our allies as equals, and do not maintain nor advocate the puppet/puppeteer relationships that some other Orders do.

I can see how that make some sense through the eyes of moralist, but it's a really stupid/ineffective way to fight as a coalition.

Personally I think this is just a propaganda line. NpO is staying out to get us to attack directly and hopefully draw in more of their allies. Plain and simple.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see how that make some sense through the eyes of moralist, but it's a really stupid/ineffective way to fight as a coalition.

Personally I think this is just a propaganda line. NpO is staying out to get us to attack directly and hopefully draw in more of their allies. Plain and simple.

No shit. Novel thought. I mean, your side is clearly not doing this at all... Seriously, can we stop with the mudslinging. Both sides are playing treaty-chess plain and simple. If y'all were really so sure that your side would win, you would just shut up and hit Polaris/et al. Instead, you guys are playing treaty-chess just as much, if not more than, Polaris/co. And it is plain to see for the rest of the world. 

Hey,  if you guys really do want them. You know where to find them. Aftermath will be just fine, we will rebuild. Our dedication to each other is unwavering. Regardless of how you want this war to play out. We decided well before this war began, how we will choose to fight. So, spare me your rhetoric. We do what we do, by our own choices. It's not the first nor the last time any of us will burn for each other. In the end, win or lose, we will still be here together. 

If our allies wanted us to come in, I would be knee deep in strong opponents (read the top three nations in the my war range on the opposing side) right now, but sadly, I have to wait in this white walled room with a white jacket until the Warmongers Anonymous counselor returns, because I was a bad boy driving with tanks on the freeway in rush hour.....

Wow - so much energy directed at trying to get NpO into this war - all this carefully framed as advice for our own good. You know, if I were a little less trusting, I'd begin to wonder if NpO enemies want to trick Polar in for their own benefit!! That would be one way of making sense of all this concern-trolling and "friendly advice" being bandied about!!

If NpO's strategy was really really bad for NpO, I'd expect others to stfu and let NpO wallow away in it. As it currently stands, you all doth protest way too much

It is not protesting it is taking advantage of your inaction.  Failing to defend an ally being curbstomped remains one of the few things that is still looked down on here on Planet Bob.  They pretty much have you in a catch 22.  Defend your alliies and get rolled or do nothing while one after another they burn your allies to the ground all the while reminding them that you are sitting around doing nothing.  The longer you do nothing the longer your allies burn and your enemies will keep reminding of that.  What do you think those burning will think in a month?  And once they have been removed as any sort of threat it will be your turn. Of course if you jump in now, sure you look good but, you burn along with them.  The problem is others on your side have jumped into losing war for allies.  That is what makes you bad.  Even tiny SWF jumped in.  If Aftermath and the others were also sitting it would take the spotlight off you and the we do not want help line that SNX is trying to sell would hold some water.        

No !@#$. Novel thought. I mean, your side is clearly not doing this at all... Seriously, can we stop with the mudslinging. Both sides are playing treaty-chess plain and simple. If y'all were really so sure that your side would win, you would just shut up and hit Polaris/et al. Instead, you guys are playing treaty-chess just as much, if not more than, Polaris/co. And it is plain to see for the rest of the world. 

Pretty much this,

NPO/DBDC/et al. picked the fight thinking they could win. Stop being a chickenshit, and get to the fucking point already.  

...Polar does decide what Polar do, and right now they are deciding to let you burn.

Versions of this theme keep reappearing. indeed, it has been restated yet again while composing this post. I doubt that those who keep saying this even believe it themselves. Given the affiliations of those rephrasing this same point over and over, I am wondering if they hold the best interests of New Polar Order and our allies at heart.

It seems as if there is a desire to “inspire” us to do something rash and thus there would be a “moral” justification to then take counter-measures that likely would be disproportionate (and perhaps, planned). 

Why bother?

We are currently engaged in an un-declared war and our attackers do not seem to feel obliged to offer any reason for their violence and destruction. It is not fashionable anymore to have a valid or even rational reason to engage in general warfare these days.

Do those who mean us harm actually care about what the rest of the world thinks? Is there perhaps a need for a pretense to offer their own rank-and-file so they will be more motivated? 

I am former NONE. Defending self and others from unprovoked aggression is motivation enough. I honestly have no idea what motivates some of you people. It's sad, really.

Below is one of our allies saying that we have not been called. No one can say that we would fail to answer such a call.

It's not there decision, if we don't activate our treaties. It's our decision how we handle this. We don't do this out of insane loyalty to Polaris, to be frank they've wanted to come in. We do this for each other. We will not be used, by inside or outside forces. 

Edited by Morgaine

I honestly have no idea what motivates some of you people. It's sad, really.

The feeling is mutual.

Also we have little reason to believe AFM is the source of the "NpO stay out" line. If they'll die for you, they'll certainly lie for you.

Edited by Big Ego

The feeling is mutual.

Also we have little reason to believe AFM is the source of the "NpO stay out" line. If they'll die for you, they'll certainly lie for you.

To be honest if you want to know who to ask I'd suggest seuwp, robster, jrkee would be good ones to ask since it would be our choice to activate our treaties with polar.

You don't believe us and you don't believe them; the only truth you recognize is the one you've fabricated. 

You have, to paraphrase the old saying, rejected reality and substituted your own.

Whatever works for you, I guess.  :v:

Looking out for well being? No. Its more like seeing a puppy being kicked and watching as its owner sits back and tries not to get involved because he's afraid to get beat up.

What is funnier is when alliances not even involved are trying to get Polaris to hit because the alliance not involved talking smack is afraid to get beat up if it just hits the owner. 

What is funnier is when alliances not even involved are trying to get Polaris to hit because the alliance not involved talking smack is afraid to get beat up if it just hits the owner.

Mixed metaphor.

Why does Polaris hate their puppies so much?

You don't believe us and you don't believe them; the only truth you recognize is the one you've fabricated. 

You have, to paraphrase the old saying, rejected reality and substituted your own.

Whatever works for you, I guess.  :v:

Again they can do this because SNX did call in help.  9 of it allies are at war defending SNX.  Even SWF an alliance of 8 nations that entered on an optional defense clause.  Only two allies have not entered one being ODPd TIO who is heavily tied to the other side and MDPd Polar who has an additional 3 allies already in the war.  When a micro on an ODP is showing up and Polar with an MDP is not?  What are people suppose to think.    

So given all, that saying SNX does not want your help but, they wanted it from everybody esle is not going to sell well.  And your enemies are loving it.  Now they get to wreck your reputation before they wreck your nations. Why you would hand them this is beyond me.