CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

Do you like the monarchy? I find when it comes to the monarchy the English either despise them or they feel very patriotic and proud to have a Royal Family. As an American/Irish citizen that might be the only thing I envy from Europe. I love living in a republic where I can elect all of my officials but I am sure in times of trouble and war a monarch can be the person everyone can turn to for comfort and words of wisdom. Even though I am not a fan of Obama I know that every time he holds a press conference about some serious event I feel somewhat at ease that my president has things under control (even if he may not). One of the few things I remember from being 5 or 6 years old was 9/11, and I remember everyone felt comradery and unity and some relief when George Bush addressed the nation from the Oval Office.

There is a growing number of people here who say they do not like either political party, but I've never met a person that said they were not loyal to our country itself or our system of government - even if in times like this things are at a gridlock. 

But yeah... I was just wondering if you feel that way towards your Royal Family that I feel to the president.

The good feels of nationalism will wear off as you get older. You'll look back and be freaked out by the fact that you pledged allegiance to a flag every day of your school years without even knowing what that fully entails. You'll realize that behind all the smoke and mirrors, it's just some guy standing there, who is no better than you are in any other way, and that the world is essentially rudderless anarchy held together by social delusions.

Then again, I figured that shit out when I was like 14 so maybe you're just a wide-eyed 'murikan.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good feels of nationalism will wear off as you get older. You'll look back and be freaked out by the fact that you pledged allegiance to a flag every day of your school years without even knowing what that fully entails. You'll realize that behind all the smoke and mirrors, it's just some guy standing there, who is no better than you are in any other way, and that the world is essentially rudderless anarchy held together by social delusions.

Then again, I figured that !@#$ out when I was like 14 so maybe you're just a wide-eyed 'murikan.

Are you from Eastern Europe?

Then again, I figured that !@#$ out when I was like 14 so maybe you're just a wide-eyed 'murikan.

Nationalism never fades away unless you are bourgeois

Are you from Eastern Europe?

There are no countries in Eastern Europe qualified to handle the concentration of pure, unadulterated swag that courses through my veins.

Nationalism never fades away unless you are bourgeois

You've done better.

DON'T LISTEN!  Never lose your patriotism PD!!!  America is the greatest country ever!  A spirit of brotherhood!  Ideals and a cause for perpetual improvement towards charity to fellow man and building a better life for your kids than the one you had!  E. Pluribus Unum!

[center]American_Flag_and_Eagle.jpg[/center]

I wouldn't mind that. Lynneth did the same thing with Tikal, although I think he took a smaller original claim.

Madagascar, an African third world island nation with 20 something million people. Lynneth's Central American claim was slightly smaller in area size, but far more people. Overall, I think it'd be absurd to make a fuss over a claim over all of Madagascar, after people were allowed all of Japan or all of Great Britain.