CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel offended Mogar didnt include Portugal in his spam of diplomatic messages. :(

I didn't realize you were still around either, not that I sent out a bunch of diplo messages or am Mogar. Feel free to send someone over to Milan. Edited by Hereno

I dont hold allegience to any political party at the moment, none of them stick out enough to me to grant them my vote, I don't like the current government either for the record.

Do you like the monarchy? I find when it comes to the monarchy the English either despise them or they feel very patriotic and proud to have a Royal Family. As an American/Irish citizen that might be the only thing I envy from Europe. I love living in a republic where I can elect all of my officials but I am sure in times of trouble and war a monarch can be the person everyone can turn to for comfort and words of wisdom. Even though I am not a fan of Obama I know that every time he holds a press conference about some serious event I feel somewhat at ease that my president has things under control (even if he may not). One of the few things I remember from being 5 or 6 years old was 9/11, and I remember everyone felt comradery and unity and some relief when George Bush addressed the nation from the Oval Office.

There is a growing number of people here who say they do not like either political party, but I've never met a person that said they were not loyal to our country itself or our system of government - even if in times like this things are at a gridlock. 

But yeah... I was just wondering if you feel that way towards your Royal Family that I feel to the president.

I love my country (USA), but the two top political parties have become trite and irresponsible. We've had different parties come and go and it's time for the Democrats and Republicans to be on their way. 

Just my two cents. 

Anyway, a royal family would be something I wouldn't find...pleasing, an overtly rich family that holds themselves over everyone else because, "reasons", nope no thank you lol

Edited by Greywall

I wonder what the Queen thinks of this. "Oh there goes another..."

The biggest Scottish Independence Party are royalists. They want her to be the queen of Scotland, separate from her queendom of the other kingdoms.

I like my country, I think our people are mostly conservative ignorants and our politicians are incompetent and partly corrupt. But I like my country.

I wouldn't call for reestablishment of our monarchy, given our pretenders are hardly any better than the democratically elected politicians (just that the democratically elected politicians I vote for and they got a higher turnover rate). I would however support keeping our monarchy, if it had survived with all its holdings, just because then they'd serve some purpose (preventing fragmentation) and our country would have to actually have a foreign policy with some profile, because we'd be bordering a few troublesome regions, we'd not be priding ourselves in keeping to ourselves and we'd be too big to not care.

But as it stands, we are an unimportant republic, best known for the rulers and musicians we spawned...

And for being Nazi buttboys rather than growing a pair and crush Der Adolph when you had a chance to kill his sick movement in the cradle. 

WTF are you even talking about?

And honestly, if you wanted to blame us for being supportive to Union with Germany, that's one thing. But the Nazi party was created out of the Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (DAP), which was a Bavarian party. Hitler left Austria at the start of WWI, to volunteer for the German army and only started political activism post-war. And while the Weimar Republic was limited in its strength, it neither was our responsibility to intervene in German internal affairs, nor did we have the strength to do so. Learn your history or keep quiet.