CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

Post isn't finished, had to sleep first. That said, I have problems believing you have enough missiles to target every airbase and runway from Austria to Baden-Württemberg.

Those being said, I'd prefer if you just sent me something on IRC or a forum PM rather than make a big public deal out of stuff I forget to do in my posts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, if I count the number of airports, I actually may have them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_the_Czech_Republic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airports_in_Austria

Naturally, discounting all the smaller ones that don't have a paved runway. Would end up with something like 100 CMs and three dozen ballistic missiles at most.

Well, the issue is, Markus made no mention of any damage taken from missiles and then launched Tupolev Tu-95 bombers at my forces. I'd think these need a long paved runway, and can't take of neither STOL nor VTOL, given they are strategic bombers, not Harrier jump-jets.

And I risk getting attacked by STOL/VTOL aircraft, but given I have to take into consideration a certain missile economy and cost/return, it might be better to focus on priority targets and in this regard, paved runways usable for normal take-off and landing are just the greater threat than STOL aircraft. I did not claim to take out his airforce in its entirety,

Yeah, they could, but this entire post of yours shows you missed the point behind my pseudo-silly post. It was making fun of all of the elawyering and stretching of reality that everybody here does in order to give themselves an advantage. I RP in good faith, and all of my characters are flawed and mortal. But everybody wants to "oh they were doing X" or blah blah blah, yeah you can make an excuse to win in pretty much any situation but I'm not the kind of person who does that. If you nuke me, I'm going to RP being nuked the way I think it would actually happen.

I'm not blaming anybody for anything - Lynneth said I could reroll, flat out, but I've chosen not to. Euphaia actually cares about his nation and it would be wrong for me to expect him to eat nukes without giving him at least the shot at warring me to get some revenge. But that's also why I want to make sure my nukes are treated fairly... if someone is going to beat me in a war, they need to beat me fair and square.

Honestly, I cannot talk for Euphaia, but if it was me, then I'd say you can claim to actually give us a shot for revenge when you stay in Milan post-war too. When you actually reap what you sowed. Because should you merely reroll post-war, it's not really a revenge, just an annoyance.

Also, if your silly lolnuking was to make a point, it is hard to see what great point there is, or how it should be convincing. Because this nuking will neither crush the attacking armies, which still vastly outnumber you, nor will it make us withdraw. It won't make me feel bad about what I've done, rather I feel you deserved what is coming. Militarily, the nuking changes little, as we still outnumber you by a margin, even without tit-for-tat response from my own nuclear arsenal. Do I care about Romania getting nuked? Sure. Do I thus be nicer to you now? No, because it'd be encouraging similar stupid stuff in the future.

The last part you could've known though from when Zoot tried to punish me for Kevz and Mogar pledged to cleanse China with nuclear fire. It's pretty much the least effective way ever to change anyone's behaviour. So, maybe next time, you actually try make your point in a way that is more mature and convincing.

I have already told you I'm working on my post. Let me work at my own pace, and I'll let you work on yours.

An unfinished post would merely not mention damage. But you just outright ignore the damage and proceed with a counter-attack that is possible only due to ignoring the missile attack. So, this isn't unfinished, it's just wrong. Whether intentional or unintentional, I don't know and don't care, but there's a difference between having yet to respond to something and responding with something ignorant.

Also, I'm fine with you complaining about my pace, when i ever need more than 12 hours to respond to your post (without counting dispute time). So, don't tell me you won't mind my pace, because you have no moral basis to mind my pace in the first place.

An unfinished post would merely not mention damage. But you just outright ignore the damage and proceed with a counter-attack that is possible only due to ignoring the missile attack. So, this isn't unfinished, it's just wrong. Whether intentional or unintentional, I don't know and don't care, but there's a difference between having yet to respond to something and responding with something ignorant.

Also, I'm fine with you complaining about my pace, when i ever need more than 12 hours to respond to your post (without counting dispute time). So, don't tell me you won't mind my pace, because you have no moral basis to mind my pace in the first place.

I wrote said post at roundabout 10:00 last night, after having been on the road and out of state for a week. I'm not making excuses here, I'm just saying I'm going to forget things because it's late and I'm being attacked by four people, all of whose posts I have to read through and comprehend as I write out my response. I'd appreciate a little common courtesy.

As far as your second part, I'm not complaining about your pace. I just want you to know I'll work on mine, and I'll let you work on yours. If you don't like how fast or slow I edit things or reply, then that's your business and not mine.

Honestly, I cannot talk for Euphaia, but if it was me, then I'd say you can claim to actually give us a shot for revenge when you stay in Milan post-war too. When you actually reap what you sowed. Because should you merely reroll post-war, it's not really a revenge, just an annoyance.

Also, if your silly lolnuking was to make a point, it is hard to see what great point there is, or how it should be convincing. Because this nuking will neither crush the attacking armies, which still vastly outnumber you, nor will it make us withdraw. It won't make me feel bad about what I've done, rather I feel you deserved what is coming. Militarily, the nuking changes little, as we still outnumber you by a margin, even without tit-for-tat response from my own nuclear arsenal. Do I care about Romania getting nuked? Sure. Do I thus be nicer to you now? No, because it'd be encouraging similar stupid stuff in the future.

The last part you could've known though from when Zoot tried to punish me for Kevz and Mogar pledged to cleanse China with nuclear fire. It's pretty much the least effective way ever to change anyone's behaviour. So, maybe next time, you actually try make your point in a way that is more mature and convincing.

You call my nukes "silly lolnuking", but what of the way your nation acts? My point was that none of you even try to be semi-realistic about anything. The wars are all poorly scripted and absurd, the reactions of the nations are completely divorced from any historical, sociological, economic, or just plain logical context, and all of the diplomacy and nation statistics are derived from OOC means. You're not RPers, you're Risk players who don't like that you can actually lose the dice rolls in the board game itself. And the fact that all of the "RP" here is centered around !@#$%^&*ting military tech and throwing around numbers should make that blindingly obvious to you.

And I didn't nuke Romania, either. Nor did I nuke Belarus. Although considering that Horo has functionally been nothing other than a x2 multiplier on your stats the entire time he has played, I can see how you might mistake Prussia for Romania. If I actually thought any of you were interested in real RP and such, I wouldn't make pseudo-trolling nuke posts and treat the entire thing like the joke it is. You'll notice that I said in the GM thread that I care about Euphaia getting his chance at me, not you or Horo... because neither of you give a !@#$ about your nations or are interested in RPing. And you can make excuses for it all you want, but at the end of the day, literally nobody here takes responsibility for their actions, tries to play fairly, or even pretends that they want to be unbiased. I will be the first person apart from Mogar to actually take any responsibility for having nuked someone in this RP. Because rather than flexing my ability to lie about how much I know about technology, I don't want to screw people over, even if all of you deserve it. Edited by Hereno

And I didn't nuke Romania, either. Nor did I nuke Belarus. Although considering that Horo has functionally been nothing other than a x2 multiplier on your stats the entire time he has played, I can see how you might mistake Prussia for Romania. If I actually thought any of you were interested in real RP and such, I wouldn't make pseudo-trolling nuke posts and treat the entire thing like the joke it is. You'll notice that I said in the GM thread that I care about Euphaia getting his chance at me, not you or Horo... because neither of you give a !@#$ about your nations or are interested in RPing. And you can make excuses for it all you want, but at the end of the day, literally nobody here takes responsibility for their actions, tries to play fairly, or even pretends that they want to be unbiased. I will be the first person apart from Mogar to actually take any responsibility for having nuked someone in this RP. Because rather than flexing my ability to lie about how much I know about technology, I don't want to screw people over, even if all of you deserve it.

You say Horo is just a x2 multiplier for me, Mogar says this war is about me taking apart Markus for Horo, Rudolph thinks I'm merely Triyun's ally and my allies are allies by extention. I do think a good few people here would do well to acknowledge that some people are independent and are just aligned due to common interests. To say we are just mere puppets will be a self-fulfilling prophecy, as we will get annoyed and treated with similar hostility as the person we are associated with, causing stronger alignment against common foes. This war with Markus for example, is a very good example of me not being just an extension of Triyun. Triyun got little issue with Markus himself, but our bloc does. And this bloc also is not just me and Horo, but it is Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine and me, with Horo helping out, because it suits his interests. Euphaia and MrDirector are in the equation too, and they are not mere extensions of me, nor an extension of Triyun.

Also, the reason Horo and I have not been able to take responsibility for nuking was that we got voted out of the RP. We did not simply reroll.

You say Horo is just a x2 multiplier for me, Mogar says this war is about me taking apart Markus for Horo, Rudolph thinks I'm merely Triyun's ally and my allies are allies by extention. I do think a good few people here would do well to acknowledge that some people are independent and are just aligned due to common interests. To say we are just mere puppets will be a self-fulfilling prophecy, as we will get annoyed and treated with similar hostility as the person we are associated with, causing stronger alignment against common foes. This war with Markus for example, is a very good example of me not being just an extension of Triyun. Triyun got little issue with Markus himself, but our bloc does. And this bloc also is not just me and Horo, but it is Hungary, Belarus, Ukraine and me, with Horo helping out, because it suits his interests. Euphaia and MrDirector are in the equation too, and they are not mere extensions of me, nor an extension of Triyun.

Also, the reason Horo and I have not been able to take responsibility for nuking was that we got voted out of the RP. We did not simply reroll.

I don't think anyone is a puppet and never said otherwise - I only mentioned Horo because he doesn't care about his nation and is like the epitome of "people playing CNRP2 who couldn't care less". Which, of course, is the exact opposite of the other end of the spectrum, which includes people who care way too much and minmax to the point of absurdity. I haven't even mentioned Triyun - actually, I specifically didn't nuke you to avoid bringing in Triyun against Markus, because his ally being nuked would sort of be a really good reason to jump into the war. My accusation is not one of a giant conspiracy against me, rather it is an accusation that my bad posting has been on par, effort-wise, to everybody else's shit, and has even provided a pretext for a real invasion. My nuke post WAS silly, but so was all of the other junk y'all tried to pass off as serious RP. I'm actually interested to see what happens to the poor Milanese now, too, although I have a feeling they're going to be crippled to the point of being unplayable, given the crazy demands you and others have already tried to make.

The reason Triyun isn't in there, is because I considered it overkill, for as long as it's just you two and I don't want to bother my ally for every war that isn't going out of control. If I needed a funny reason to get him in from the start, trust me, I'd have found one.

This is sort of exactly the problem I'm talking about. IRL, your CB would be considered complete shit, and there's no way in hell you could have ever pulled in Triyun given his lack of interest (this is, of course, before nukes started flying). That's what I mean by it being absurd. It's bad enough that everybody has forms of government from 1000 years ago with technology from 2100, but you guys literally have changed the way humanity acts and thinks in order to suit your OOC goals. Look at the surrender terms I was offered, for example - no military at all? Not even Nazi Germany had to face that kind of shit. And Triyun was literally the best - between you and Zoot I wouldn't have had any nation left to play. Over what, having to RP cleanup for one post before you all move on pretending nothing happened? It's so bad to nuke civilians, but there's no problem at all starting wars over nothing? It's not internally congruent. Nobody has rebellions, nobody's people care if they're literally led by Hitler 2.0, but don't nuke people because they really care about that? What on earth. It's so /bad/.

As far as bad CBs go...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War

As far as bad surrender terms go...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles

Japan after WWII was banned from having a military.

Unsure as to what your reference to our governments and tech levels has to do with anything.

Perhaps you shouldn't of nuked me then Hereno for condemning your nuking antics.

You're right, I should have invaded you without any reason at all like you did to me in Sardinia. I'm sure you would have queried me up and offered to take a diplomatic blow in order to give me military rights to your island to further my IC goals. No, actually, better yet, I should have pretended submarines did it and that it was untraceable so there would have been zero consequences except Eva and Horo getting kicked out of the RP again. :rolleyes: Beyond parody. Edited by Hereno

This is sort of exactly the problem I'm talking about. IRL, your CB would be considered complete !@#$, and there's no way in hell you could have ever pulled in Triyun given his lack of interest (this is, of course, before nukes started flying). That's what I mean by it being absurd. It's bad enough that everybody has forms of government from 1000 years ago with technology from 2100, but you guys literally have changed the way humanity acts and thinks in order to suit your OOC goals. Look at the surrender terms I was offered, for example - no military at all? Not even Nazi Germany had to face that kind of !@#$. And Triyun was literally the best - between you and Zoot I wouldn't have had any nation left to play. Over what, having to RP cleanup for one post before you all move on pretending nothing happened? It's so bad to nuke civilians, but there's no problem at all starting wars over nothing? It's not internally congruent. Nobody has rebellions, nobody's people care if they're literally led by Hitler 2.0, but don't nuke people because they really care about that? What on earth. It's so /bad/.

First off, look at the CBs go, just look at wars prior to 1945, before the UN Charter said "no more wars of aggression please".

Also, Nazi Germany got no peace. It got occupied and peace was given to its successor state. Nazi Germany as an entity ceased to exist. and German rearmament, just like Japanese rearmament was a big topic for the first decades. So, you aren't getting worse terms than Hitler.

People did (and propably do) care about the CB issue. I'm not going to be kidding anyone saying that it's the most convincing and justified CB ever. But it's not much worse a matter than the annexation of Czechoslovakia by the Germans, the Mukden incident or the whole lot other CBs that people came up with over the centuries.

And weapons technology is not the same as civilisational advancement. Just because my people found more ways to kill you does not mean they necessarily found more ways to justify your human rights.

First off, look at the CBs go, just look at wars prior to 1945, before the UN Charter said "no more wars of aggression please".

Also, Nazi Germany got no peace. It got occupied and peace was given to its successor state. Nazi Germany as an entity ceased to exist. and German rearmament, just like Japanese rearmament was a big topic for the first decades. So, you aren't getting worse terms than Hitler.

People did (and propably do) care about the CB issue. I'm not going to be kidding anyone saying that it's the most convincing and justified CB ever. But it's not much worse a matter than the annexation of Czechoslovakia by the Germans, the Mukden incident or the whole lot other CBs that people came up with over the centuries.

And weapons technology is not the same as civilisational advancement. Just because my people found more ways to kill you does not mean they necessarily found more ways to justify your human rights.

I would have been more than okay with having to disarm my nukes, limit my army size, and rename my country/reform my government. The terms are much worse in an OOC sense because they significantly restrict my ability to RP to the point where it would be absurd for me to not just reroll somewhere else without restrictions.

As for CBs, Hitler had a much better reason to invade Czechoslovakia and Poland than you did Alvonia. In fact, between Triyun, Zoot, and now you, all 3 wars I had in Europe were /entirely without a valid CB by any measure of the imagination/. In fact, you're the only one who even tried to have a CB, apart from Markus, who had a much better valid CB (they're !@#$@#$ pseudo-Nazis) but got called on it by everybody because he's in a bad spot. And you're right - in 1945 the UN said no more aggressive wars, and most people believe in democratic values in the West. This RP is based on that, and our people are supposed to be normal and rational. I didn't RP a Roman Empire because /there is no way that !@#$ could exist in Italy without substantial prior RP to justify it/. Which is why I purposefully didn't claim like half of it - so I could grow into and justify my increasingly authoritarian government and be realistic about it. The limits to RPing other people's citizens are supposed to prevent griefing, not encourage !@#$%^&*ting, but that's all is even posted - a bunch of self-serving, absurd garbage, to pretend to poorly justify IC wants that don't even make sense. There are !@#$ CBs IRL, but we don't know that until after the war (Iraq), or it is blatantly obvious and we remember these people as conquerors and blood-thirsty tyrants who were enemies of mankind, like Hitler. If that's the standard we're holding our standard warfare to - not being more absurd than the fucking holocaust - jesus christ LOL

If you don't see my point now you aren't going to. Edited by Hereno