CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can't believe you sometimes...

Ditto and no I'm not just disagreeing with you because you tried to track me down IRL so a player could "beat me to death" irl over this game.

Just want to nip that in the bud before it starts.

Ditto and no I'm not just disagreeing with you because you tried to track me down IRL so a player could "beat me to death" irl over this game.

Just want to nip that in the bud before it starts.

I lol'd I really did, numerous people knew where you lived rota. Tends to happen when you tell people that, which you told near everyone, and I never had any intention of harming you AT ALL...Pathetic that you assume random crap over getting actual facts straight. I mean really dude, try harder.

I lol'd I really did, numerous people knew where you lived rota. Tends to happen when you tell people that, which you told near everyone, and I never had any intention of harming you AT ALL...Pathetic that you assume random crap over getting actual facts straight. I mean really dude, try harder.

[21:45] <01Blazer> I'll kill him with my bare hands if I see him in real life
[21:45] <01Kenfolk> do it
[21:46] <01Blazer> I need very personal info if you guys have that then sure
[21:47] <01Kenfolk> he uses vpns to hide behind so we can't find him irl
[21:47] <06~Blackeyebilly[SAS]> Hey
[21:47] <01Greywall> he's from alabama
[21:47] <01dane0[NG|TLG]> Kenfolk: he used to be not so smart
01[21:47] <01Red> he means it too
[21:47] <01Kenfolk> can we narrow it down beyond a state?

That's far from the only information on my where abouts you've provided. Anyways this isn't the time or the place, you can PM me for further discussion. You know well that was fucked up to do when people are trying to harm people for a game. No I won't be able to forgive you for putting my life at risk over a game, even if it is a small risk. This is closed, again you can pm me if you want to discuss it further. Edited by Beauty

[21:43] <01Petro> did you guys boot rota already?
[21:44] <01Blazer> YEA
[21:44] <01Blazer> We did get rid of that prick
[21:44] <01L_H> Blazer has always blown with the wind
[21:45] <01Petro> well there goes the raiding plans for update
[21:45] <01Petro>
[21:45] <01Blazer> for rota right
[21:45] <01Blazer> I'll kill him with my bare hands if I see him in real life
[21:45] <01Kenfolk> do it
[21:46] <01Blazer> I need very personal info if you guys have that then sure
[21:46] <01dane0[NG|TLG]> Alabama
[21:46] <01Kenfolk> what gives you that impression dane?
03[21:47] * ChanServ sets mode: +oq Blackeyebilly[SAS] Blackeyebilly[SAS]
[21:47] <01Kenfolk> he uses vpns to hide behind so we can't find him irl
[21:47] <06~Blackeyebilly[SAS]> Hey
[21:47] <01Greywall> he's from alabama
[21:47] <01Blazer> BILLY YOUR SOOO DIED
[21:47] <01dane0[NG|TLG]> Kenfolk: he used to be not so smart
01[21:47] <01Red> he means it too
[21:47] <06~Blackeyebilly[SAS]> 'Died?
[21:47] <01Kenfolk> can we narrow it down beyond a state?

That's far from the only information on my where abouts you've provided. Anyways this isn't the time or the place, you can PM me for further discussion. You know well that was $%&@ed up to do when people are trying to harm people for a game. No I won't be able to forgive you. This is closed, pm me if you want to discuss it further.

LOL

I don't, and never want, your forgiveness. 

I'll leave it at this, go find someone else to pull that crap on. 

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/123582-the-french-connection/?p=3301127

I'm very curious as to the rationale of Romania and Hungary stepping up security on my border when all I've done IC is:

• Come to the negotiating table
  • Ask that French lands be preserved and any talk of it cease
  • Organized an element of my army
  • Attempt to intercept a message of a military nature (not that anyone outside of Alvonia would know of that anyway)

At the slightest, this smells like metagaming to me. At the worst, OOC intent which I'll hesitate to accuse Eva and Euphaia of because I would hope both are better than that. In my eyes, there isn't much reason to warrant the movement of 22 divisions, numerous support brigades, and an increase in DEFCON.

First, this is not a reactive measure, this is a proactive measure. What exactly you did, is of no matter, when the Bloc decides to step up the military.

Second, we are in negotiations. However, the Bloc has a certain interest to deter you from just going away and using force to get your way in Switzerland. And deterrence needs a credible threat.

Lets not beat around the bush, the snow haven incident is rife with ooc bs. There's a goal here and its called getting everything lined up for FHIC's return. 

The Snowhaven incident was triggered by Aggressivenutmeg and Markus. I doubt either of them got an OOC motivation for this. That the Bloc is not keen on seeing Markus being aggressive towards his neighbours, is also no news. What is OOC here, is that FHIC is away. But as much as you people want to complain, her absence is not my fault and I see zero reason why we would need to adjust our policy to it, apart from respecting the lock on her nation.

Would it play out differently if FHIC was around? Maybe. But this crisis is now. This action is now. This diplomacy is now. and it was not us who initiated it. We are reacting to an action set by Markus (set in reaction to Aggressivenutmeg).

Ok, because it was 5:25 am when I posted it, a time where I don't write lengthy posts usually and when Horo starts nagging that I should go to bed, here's a bit more detailed description of how I view these events...

Markus, you might feel that this is metagaming, yet, what in it is metagaming? That there's now a Romanian army within less than 10 km of your capital? Well, it would be metagaming, if the IC reason for me to do so would be unknown to me ICly. It would  be OOC intentions, if I'd just put them there for some reason like "I don't like you, so, let's ruin your country for the lulz". But it is neither. I have a reason to be there, and it should be clear as day. This is posturing. This is the threat of a Bloc that does not like Alvonian shens. Just like our whole involvement is because you decided to flex your military muscle. Just like over Poland, if you feel you need to play the Wehrmacht card, don't complain when the Bloc comes and does some military grandstanding in return. And I don't give a damn about what funny server farms you got, of which I indeed know nothing (I jokingly wanted to send an unencrypted mail to Horo via Alvonia, but that'd indeed be metagaming just to rile you up, so I did not, because it'd be a poor showing), but I know very much that you are still involved in a military standoff and that your MoFA threatened to just walk out of the meeting. and just like I told you at the meeting, you can walk out at any time, but do not expect to get further by leaving, than you might get by staying.

Now, onto the matter of France. France is away, which arguably gives others in europe more power, as France won't act. However, to state that I'm acting as I please, because France is away, and I want to get "everything lined up for FHIC's return" is a quite ignorant and narrow view of Bloc interests and the circumstances. As a whole, the Bloc is reacting to a crisis that arose in the Alps and where it could be that Alvonia pushes for military escalation, should it feel strong enough. We do not know how far Alvonia would be willing to go, but we may asume, to the furthest, meaning all out war. This naturally is in conflict with current Bloc interests, that is to not have an aggressive Alvonia, sending the Wehrmacht all over the place. That the timing is during FHICs absence is unfortunate for her, but as pointed out earlier, it is not our doing that it is now, not in, say, two months, when she might be back again. The crisis was not triggered by us, but we, just as others involved by now, have an interest to see a favourable outcome. If anyone wants to say it was brought about by the Bloc or me, because we want to get everything lined up, that's giving me too much credit, given that Aggressivenutmeg is a truely independent actor, whom I have no control over and who himself decided to expand into an inactive nation. And who got backing, because his opponent in this matter has a few enemies.

Overall, to me, this accusation would be laughable and I'd leave it at my earlier post, would it not be emblematic for a sentiment that's poisoning OOC interactions here. That is, "This is not favouring me, this must be against the rules" and "This country obstructs my movements, it must be OOC intention/metagaming". Regardless of how much IC reasoning and precedent in previous RP would show that this is very much an IC motivated action. You know, some people just do not like what your country is doing, because it kind of negatively affects them, or they feel you are kind of overstepping your boundaries (again). This however has nothing to do with OOC sentiment. I do kind of feel aggrieved about your accusations, which at best could be called ignorant, at worst slanderous, and which are hardly conductive to the bit of mutual respect we might still have in this community. It's hardly different from when Mogar claimed the AL was secretly plotting with Triyun to get him out of the Indian, because they all hated him, when all they did ICly, was oppose a Japanese landgrab of islands in the Western Indian Ocean, which are not too far off Africa, compared to the distance to Mogar's holdings in Sumatra, if not to say Tokyo. Now go RP, instead of sulking that your actions actually led to reactions.

Issue is it is IC vs. OOC.  There are no previous diplomatic communications from France to nutmeg or the Eastern Bloc at least Eva that I'm aware of.  Therefore they have no reason to respect the previous French border and defaulting to one state in Europe is not in the interests of the European states that have to interact with them.

Explanation

Let me make this clear, I'm not bringing this up because this isn't rolling my way. I'd have brought this up if it was anyone, even people I consider my friends like Hereno, Rudy, Lynneth, Mogar or Curristan. I called this into question because I found the reasoning suspect. Whether you believe any of that or not is on you, but I'm telling the Gods-honest truth here.

That said, I do appreciate your explanation and I will accept it.

It's hardly different from when Mogar claimed the AL was secretly plotting with Triyun to get him out of the Indian, because they all hated him, when all they did ICly, was oppose a Japanese landgrab of islands in the Western Indian Ocean, which are not too far off Africa, compared to the distance to Mogar's holdings in Sumatra, if not to say Tokyo. Now go RP, instead of sulking that your actions actually led to reactions.

If I wasnt able to make a case that vektor in particular was simply acting to troll me OOCly, it wouldn't have been wiped, the rest have valid IC reasons and were able to keep their war.

Edited by Mogar

just a small sample of the case I was able to make of vektor's intentions having nothing to do with IC motives, the entire situation that put us at odds IC was because I said I owned the Malaccan Strait in #cnrp2, so he pushed to test that.

I am sorry that hes doing that to you and hope you get it figured out soon.

Edited by Beauty

I believe the majority of them actually wish to tell a collaborative storyline, there are always going to be a few who simply want to shit on other people's sandcastles, but thats life, and we have ways to stop that.

I believe the majority of them actually wish to tell a collaborative storyline, there are always going to be a few who simply want to !@#$ on other people's sandcastles, but thats life, and we have ways to stop that.

They do have some interesting story lines and they are good additions to the community! :)

Edited by Beauty

I believe the majority of them actually wish to tell a collaborative storyline, there are always going to be a few who simply want to !@#$ on other people's sandcastles, but thats life, and we have ways to stop that.

Which did not keep you from throwing a tandrum on IRC back then, telling the AL that they did not like you, because they won't assist against Triyun.But good to see we got over that by now.

Put both on ignore and let nature sort it out.

Hi we're trying to roleplay here not ignore things we don't like and hope they go away.

If you're only playing to have a "Good" time and not fight at all, you're in the wrong part of the forums.

What must I do to get you two to play nice? (Mogar and Beauty)

I keep trying. You know from my past RPs I am far from lenient and giving stuff up. I've given up a good bit now :/