CNRP2 OOC Thread

Uberstein

After rereading the GM thread, I am not going to fill my news thread with pages of useless bickering.

Unfortunately Mael that was not how that works, your forces can't be in a place I already controlled, you claimed down to my claims, I merely "gave up" the territory on the world map in the interest of proving it was an honest mistake, and not a malicious attempt at land thievery,  unless you are invading land I am occupying, then we're standing upon the border in the map I showed.

It is genuinely sad when I am the mature one.

Edited by Mogar

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you gave it up you weren't there when my troops arrived. You already moved out. I've already moved in. YOu will have to determine how to deal with that IC. You said it yourself. YOu gave up the land, and now you're doing your 7 posts to get it back..and I'm contesting. Sorry. I'm there. No invasion, you'd be invading the protectorate. No matters of maturity to it, just order of execution.

You claimed space you had no right to.

You vacated that space.

I moved into that space.

You're now attempting to reclaim that space with me in it.

Your error is not my problem.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Mael, he 'gave it up' in the way that it was a protectorate that he had mistakenly marked as his sovereign territory on the map. It still is a protectorate of Japan, instead of being annexed into Japan.

Edited by Lynneth

OOC to Mogar to prevent clogging SEATO or anyone's threads. This is in reference to this post.

No offense or anything, but keep OOC out of IC please. You have done no spy operations on any of SEATO's nations or roleplayed seeing our forces to my knowledge, at this time you have no idea if I'm larger than you militarily or not. I'm assuming you're gathering of this information OOCly, due to your IC remarks the other day about Mael is the only one you wouldn't be able to win against ICly. I'm trying to keep it IC safe by preventing war at all costs and assuming your nations forces are large due to your frequent wars and expansions. I'd recommend doing a spy operation before you comment further on my military size. My nation is simply reformed from a time when it went unstable. I could have my nuclear missiles still and have a massive army under your knowledge as could Shanghai, Amur, or Mael. You also do not know Mael's massive forces ICly. Don't base your IC responses or info on OOC stats. I've avoided reporting it to GMs and don't care if it goes on from this point without an edit, just keep the roleplay accordingly in the future.

Edited by Beauty

SATINT would reveal most of that imformation, it is incredibly difficult to hide your military strength, see: the wikipedia article of every single nation currently in existence.

That's false. Satellite Intelligence reveals where things are and the likes, however we do not know ever weapon the US or China has in the real world. It's "Top Secret" and satellites won't see how many troops you have. There's not men sitting there counting every man the Chinese Army has. Also as a new nation you'd have to analyze SATINT for a small period of time before you knew my exact OOC stats.

Theres also the fact that things can be falsified on Satellite Intelligence. We recently found out one of North Korea's Nuclear sites were fake. Anyways you get my point, don't get a big head over OOC stats.

Edited by Beauty

You should accept the fact I'd have a general idea of your military ability due to you being literally right next door, and that you'd be considered a weaker state in comparison.

Well ok Sarah Palin, but I don't know how you'd know my military size.

If you really want, I'll make spy rolls against you for the next forever, and fail very few of them, but I believe this debate over semantics has very little to do with the RP at hand, and appears to be you attempting to argue over something insignificant rather than acknowledge I have attempted to be peaceful towards you. it would be much better to actually RP rather than argue OOCly.

If you really want, I'll make spy rolls against you for the next forever, and fail very few of them, but I believe this debate over semantics has very little to do with the RP at hand, and appears to be you attempting to argue over something insignificant rather than acknowledge I have attempted to be peaceful towards you. it would be much better to actually RP rather than argue OOCly.

No i would feel greatly much more better if you do the spy rolls despite my chances. I'm not here to win or lose, I am here to Roleplay. Simply looking at my nation's stats then gaining a "I can beat you" attitude ICly is not acceptable in my eyes. We're here to roleplay. I am not looking to argue. I have always hated the looking at stats and getting a big head or even the opposite in IC. Ask former CDT members, we've talked about that before and wrote our posts in context that we wouldn't even look at their stats in game so we don't get big or small headed "Accidentally".

Do the spy rolls and then im perfectly OK with it.

For example and context, in the real world we do not know about China's military capabilities or Russias. We assume they're great from what we know. We don't actually know they're great or their numbers though. That is my point and that is how I want to roleplay here.

Edited by Beauty

so you are suggesting the internet does not exist in CNRP2.

Vietnam's army

China's army

in a total of 10 seconds I am able to determine that China could probably beat Vietnam in a 1v1 war, I sincerely doubt your nation is more secure about it's military information than either of those two real life countries.

Vietnam's army

China's army

in a total of 10 seconds I am able to determine that China could probably beat Vietnam in a 1v1 war, I sincerely doubt your nation is more secure about it's military information than either of those two real life countries.

I'm glad you used that. Because IRL China could beat Japan. So your comment about you could take down Shanghai, Amur, and Tongzhi means you assume Japan could beat Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and China in a war.

Now seriously do the spy rolls or some context. At least roleplay analyzing satellite data and using that. Or even cite where the Tongzhi defense budget is made public. 

You made an IRC comment you could roll everyone except Mael because I'd be below 5k NS forever. That is why im saying that.

Edited by Beauty

Now seriously, go RP and work with Mael and I, or throw a hissy fit like you seem wanting to do so, I'm not going to change my posts unless a GM tells me to do so.

What? We're not at war. I am having a problem that you want to look at someone's nation then go in game and act like you can take them out. I've started a discussion on it. 

Vietnam's army

China's army

Well, depends... Last time China tried, it pretty much failed and humiliated itself in the process.

Well, depends... Last time China tried, it pretty much failed and humiliated itself in the process.

Thanks for embarrassing me. :( While trying to find new RP ideas from Vietnamese history, I read about that. Then when posting here, I totally forgot about that. That wasn't even that long ago iirc. :3

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_War

Edited by Beauty

Ladies and gentlemen. I refer you to the GM thread on Satellite Intelligence.

If you are acquiring it it takes at least 1-2 days. (If you've rp'd having 36 some satellites in orbit like I have, launching them etc.) You have to mention you're putting it together. You can't just insta have it. Just like I can't have insta-spies. I've been rping my satint development systems extensively for this very reason. Spy rolls are not required, but time and rp is.

Ladies and gentlemen. I refer you to the GM thread on Satellite Intelligence.

If you are acquiring it it takes at least 1-2 days. (If you've rp'd having 36 some satellites in orbit like I have, launching them etc.) You have to mention you're putting it together. You can't just insta have it. Just like I can't have insta-spies. I've been rping my satint development systems extensively for this very reason. Spy rolls are not required, but time and rp is.

I thought you have to have equal number of satellites in-game as in IC?

Im not trying to shit on your parade. I just know as soon as I do that if the rule is there, holy hell will be cast upon me for it.

Edited by Beauty

No such rule. I have rp'd my own launches and even asked others to launch for me and my current # of sats is no more or less than most other nations have in orbit in rl (US has like some 200 sats), therefore within concerns for realism.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/123582-the-french-connection/?p=3301127

I'm very curious as to the rationale of Romania and Hungary stepping up security on my border when all I've done IC is:

• Come to the negotiating table
  • Ask that French lands be preserved and any talk of it cease
  • Organized an element of my army
  • Attempt to intercept a message of a military nature (not that anyone outside of Alvonia would know of that anyway)

At the slightest, this smells like metagaming to me. At the worst, OOC intent which I'll hesitate to accuse Eva and Euphaia of because I would hope both are better than that. In my eyes, there isn't much reason to warrant the movement of 22 divisions, numerous support brigades, and an increase in DEFCON.

Something something, nukes protect the little guy.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/123582-the-french-connection/?p=3301127

I'm very curious as to the rationale of Romania and Hungary stepping up security on my border when all I've done IC is:

• Come to the negotiating table
  • Ask that French lands be preserved and any talk of it cease
  • Organized an element of my army
  • Attempt to intercept a message of a military nature (not that anyone outside of Alvonia would know of that anyway)

At the slightest, this smells like metagaming to me. At the worst, OOC intent which I'll hesitate to accuse Eva and Euphaia of because I would hope both are better than that. In my eyes, there isn't much reason to warrant the movement of 22 divisions, numerous support brigades, and an increase in DEFCON.

Lets not beat around the bush, the snow haven incident is rife with ooc bs. There's a goal here and its called getting everything lined up for FHIC's return. 

Lets not beat around the bush, the snow haven incident is rife with ooc bs. There's a goal here and its called getting everything lined up for FHIC's return.

I greatly love Euphaia and have not so good OOC relations with Markus,

However just because something else may have been biased with OOC shit doesn't mean future RP should be. That's my personal take on it. Don't sink to your oppositions level otherwise you're just as bad.

Now saying that I have no idea what you two are speaking of, that's just what I've gathered from the two posts here. Edited by Beauty