An analysis of Mushqaeda political dynamics

The Zigur

Since there appears to be significant confusion over the issue, I'll clarify in as detailed a matter as possible.

• Our protection of the MK AA after its disbandment was exceedingly standard. It is absolutely usual for close allies of a disbanded alliance to protect the latter's alliance affiliation for some period afterward. Often this period is an extended one. Sometimes the protection is indefinite. Whatever the case, the purpose is to protect those nations that desire to remain on the AA while they decide their future course of action.
  • We have not extended our protection to any nation that went to war with TDO or anyone else, as those nations willingly chose to go rogue. If you want confirmation of this, feel free to ask any of the alliances involved. We have had some queries as to if this or that ex-MK nation at war with TDO/whoever else is under our protection. The answer has always been "no." Indeed, we have not stepped into protect any ex-MK nation at all, period, including those who have habitated peacefully on the AA since the disbandment; to their credit, TDO and its co-combatants have not attacked any of the latter.
  • To my knowledge, not a single one of the nations that went rogue on TDO has attempted to claim TOP protection in the process. If I am incorrect and they have done so, then they did so wrongly and have earned our enmity for abusing our gesture made in good faith.
  • Several ex-MK nations that had gone rogue on TDO have applied to join TOP. Their applications have been put on hold while we have contacted TDO and its co-combatants to establish a procedure by which these nations can individually negotiate an exit from the war. Each nation is being individually cleared before being considered for admission. If you don't believe me, then feel free to corroborate my claim with those alliances. As per our admissions process, each applicant is being considered individually, on his own merits, and in accordance with procedure; we have never bent our admissions standards to admit applicants as a group or en masse, nor will we ever do so. Anybody who has ever been in TOP can verify this.
  • Contrary to the claim that conspiracy theorists are circulating, TOP did not have substantial foreknowledge of MK's impending disbandment. We were informed four hours before the event. The rest of MK's allies were likewise blindsided; GOONS, for example, received 20 minutes' notice. While we are flattered at your belief in our facility and cleverness, there was no intricate plot at play, and indeed the net effect of MK's departure was that we lost one of our closest allies. This was not an advantageous event for us.

If anyone has any further questions to ask or details to bring up, please do so. Should you instead choose to point fingers and wave about flimsy accusations, then you will prove that your mission is simply one of slander rather than one of justice.

Edited by Crymson

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect is earned, not given. And people have spent a long time explaining in clear and simple words why Junkalunka was wrong. He refuses to understand and keeps on harping about how MK=MQ and we're losing miserably... After a while, you get bored of trying to reason with morons and you don't want to bother anymore.

dolphin-genes-convergent-intelligence_27

Basic politeness and human decency is not earned, it is freely given in civilized society. Basic diplomacy is a much under-valued commodity here in our world lately.

Thank you Crymson for clearing everything up in a clear, polite way. I was just about to share a link found on TOP's forums that I thought the accusers in this thread would find to be a good read: http://www.orderoftheparadox.net/index.php?/topic/2934-attn-dashing-rogues/

I wanted to add something to what Ardus said, so I quoted him. Afterwards, I made a general comment about you. There was no need to quote one of your post as I wasn't addressing anything you directly said. You're an active member in this thread so Its apparent you would read the post without me having to tag you're name. Perhaps next time I will do so and make sure I increase the font size and highlight your name.

See, I knew I was being to hard on you.

Wear these:

nerd_glasses.jpg

They won't help you see the beat down that one day will surely find its way to your door, but at least you can look as intelligent as you think you are.

Wear these:

nerd_glasses.jpg

They won't help you see the beat down that one day will surely find its way to your door, but at least you can look as intelligent as you think you are.

I will gladly wear this gift when the angry villagers, with their pitchforks and fires, come knocking on my door. In fact, I will buy you a matching pair! Afterall, we must remain fashionable as we fight side by side. It truly warms my heart to know that you will be there for my Order and all of the many friends that we share. :)

While it perturbs me to see the disbanded(ing?) MK members like Potato giving responses such as this, I can say that I understand and have even come to expect such low-quality conversation from them.

TOP, especially government and former government of TOP, I like to hold to a higher standard. At least iamthey attempted to respond to Tywin, while you simply show a complete lack of basic respect for a fellow ruler. It's rather sad to see from an alliance I used to call home.

There are only so many ways to explain to a person that the fundamental premises on which they've based all their analysis is incorrect. It isn't our job to chase Junka Lannister around the boards exchanging wall of text for wall of text at every turn.

There are only so many ways to explain to a person that the fundamental premises on which they've based all their analysis is incorrect. It isn't our job to chase Junka Lannister around the boards exchanging wall of text for wall of text at every turn.

You have never challenged any of my "fundamental premises," only minor details, some of which I have conceded, and most of which I have not. I remember a time when some in NPO had a similar mentality, that they could sit passively on their thrones, and believed that they were invulnerable to public opinion.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

You have never challenged any of my "fundamental premises," only minor details, some of which I have conceded, and most of which I have not. I remember a time when some in NPO had a similar mentality, that they could sit passively on their thrones, and believed that they were invulnerable to public opinion.

No, it's all been debunked. 

No, it's all been debunked. 

Of course, your grace. TOP is, of course, always correct at the end of the day. Just as was Mushroom kingdom when they ruled, and NPO before them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IbtX9UkCUs

Looking through, it's a lot of people who used to be active and basically maintain their nation to maintain their nation.  I can't speak to why they all haven't gone elsewhere yet, but I suspect there are a lot of people who don't want to delete after all this time and can't see themselves joining or can't be bothered to join another alliance.  Or they just haven't looked at our boards to see the disbandment (I don't think an in-game message was ever sent).  I suspect you'll see the number start to go down as they slowly realize what happened.

I found this explanation so absurd that I wanted to make sure you couldn't use it again:

vby8X2G.jpg

You're welcome, I'm a helper.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said that and they lived to regret it.  Mark your time.

Arrogance is the downfall of many regimes. Just look at the mushrooms. They should make an attempt to make friends out of foes, or they will not last much longer. To paraphrase Sun Tzu, the highest form of warfare is winning without a fight.

I found this explanation so absurd that I wanted to make sure you couldn't use it again:

vby8X2G.jpg

lol, well done.

vby8X2G.jpg

I never got a disbandment notice :(

PS: Azaghul also says he doesn't think a message was sent. Which means, you know, he's not sure if it happened or not. But good on you for debunking something that wasn't said.

Atlantic_Spotted_Dolphin.jpg

Edited by potato

I will gladly wear this gift when the angry villagers, with their pitchforks and fires, come knocking on my door. In fact, I will buy you a matching pair! Afterall, we must remain fashionable as we fight side by side. It truly warms my heart to know that you will be there for my Order and all of the many friends that we share. :)

Indeed we shall be there if any angry villagers come knocking at our shared friends doors, and we will likely be there if the knock comes on your door too, as im sure you would be if the knock came on ours. So please rest in peace knowing all shall be well. :)

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said that and they lived to regret it.  Mark your time.

OUR time. We're in this together.

Indeed we shall be there if any angry villagers come knocking at our shared friends doors, and we will likely be there if the knock comes on your door too, as im sure you would be if the knock came on ours. So please rest in peace knowing all shall be well. :)

I am able to sleep peacefully at night knowing that you are guarding our backs :)

All men who choose to do so live long enough to see the empires they built in the sand fall with the incoming tide. But so few choose to build the empire to begin with, and fewer still will take enough heart to build it again. Above them all are the precious ones who see waves come and go through rebellious eyes, defiant, and never regretful.

With respect to us, your wish would yield nothing.

All men who choose to do so live long enough to see the empires they built in the sand fall with the incoming tide. But so few choose to build the empire to begin with, and fewer still will take enough heart to build it again. Above them all are the precious ones who see waves come and go through rebellious eyes, defiant, and never regretful.

Greater men than you have said similar.  They fell like great oaks, but they fell.  Nothing is permanent.

I fear for my friends in TOP. They may think they have been tested, but they truly haven't. I am terrified that should such a test of wills come, they will be remembered as the alliance that couldn't live up to the reputations of either NPO or the Mushroom Kingdom. There are men out there who have years of experience in taking down empires. I truly hope TOP respects and befriends them, as not even EZI can behead them.

bth_lol-face.jpg

TOP has some work to do on the friendships front. Gotta wonder what they are thinking alienating all their friends for a dead alliance.

If our friends were truly alienated by this, we'd know by now. That isn't the case. I mean, maybe we've alienated you, but I don't really think your case on this was neutral in the first place.

Greater men than you have said similar.  They fell like great oaks, but they fell.  Nothing is permanent.

I'll have to save these quotes- one day, they'll be very humorous and embarrassing for you.

If our friends were truly alienated by this, we'd know by now. That isn't the case. I mean, maybe we've alienated you, but I don't really think your case on this was neutral in the first place.

You wound me. One should never judge their friends so harshly.

"Unfortunate is he who cannot gain a few sincere friends during his life and more unfortunate is the one who has gained them and then lost them through his deeds."

[ooc]-- 11th saying of Imam Ali[/ooc]