An Announcement by the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

Dre4mwe4ver

This is a rather interesting dynamic, isn't it? Don't you imagine it's difficult for them to watch their close friends in CNG getting "beat down" by their own coalition partners in SF/XX.

I bet the NPO just feel helpless in this situation.

I would think someone like Brehon had told his allies once they acknowledged the path they were taking in this war that they would need to surrender just like anyone else in order to get out of this war, FOK helped out RnR a few wars back, but RnR still had to leave the war like everyone else did, I suspect this is a similar situation.

Feanor you actually just got out thought by Mogar...this must be very embarrassing for you.

Telling your friends they are on their own is one thing. Watching them get beaten down for months by alliances they can't stand is another. That's takes alot of commitment to just stand there and offer no help.

Not many are able to do that.

Every alliance we are allied to has their own Sovereignty and make their own decisions. Do we provide input when asked, of course but none are forced to do anything against what they believe is necessary and right for their own alliance. As a good ally, we respect and honor that even if we do not like it. Could/would TOP and UMB do the same, I am guessing no ;)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feanor you actually just got out thought by Mogar...this must be very embarrassing for you.

as little credit as I get, I understand the backchannel politics far more than most realize.

Ahh nutkase...you nutcase.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=197780

You're not in AI....so you are now a rogue and will not receive peace from us at the conclusion of the wider war. This post for posterity in case someone tries to accept you after this thing.

nutkase, if you're going to try to steal my bit, at least make sure you're hitting approved targets.

Edited by Mogar

Of course not. FFS, we are GATO. Until recently uneven odds was all we ever had. So, by all means put whoever you want on us. We'll erase their top tier too. Just make sure that if they are not directly allied to those we are at war with they post a DoW with their treaty chain to someone we are at war with. Not too hard to do.

By "until recently" do you mean the GATO-1V War? Or were you including the beatdowns you took part in giving?

I would really beg to differ.

[spoiler]http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=312850
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=273254
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=40650
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=155228
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=199004
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=199004[/spoiler]

We all knew what we were getting into here and had no issue with it.

So you're showing me '6' nations fighting, wohoo, lets look at the overall stats, you have a total of 40 active wars, of which 9 are initiated by you. In comparison, lets say Mortal Wombat, who're kinda fighting for the first time or it appears to be like that atleast have more active wars than you do. 

Of course not. FFS, we are GATO. Until recently uneven odds was all we ever had.

When was the last time you were in war where the odds were stacked against you? I want to know your definition of 'recent'. No, you've just refreshed the image of GATO when you ran away from the fight NSO got involved in. Not the GATO that fought off giants against impossible odds and lived to tell the tale and prospered, I wish that GATO comes back. Did you notice no one other than GATO is getting all the flack? not ODN, not INT, not TLR, no, only and only GATO. Edited by shahenshah

The vast majority of that was sarcasm. I was looking for a particular response but all I got was just the standard answer, that is why I stopped replying. Overall a very dull affair.

The vast majority of that was sarcasm. I was looking for a particular response but all I got was just the standard answer, that is why I stopped replying. Overall a very dull affair.

just because you were being sarcastic doesnt change the fact I am certain Brehon had discussed this with his allies before the first shot was fired.

You're not in AI....so you are now a rogue and will not receive peace from us at the conclusion of the wider war. This post for posterity in case someone tries to accept you after this thing.

What you going to do, counter me? Usually have to exit PM for that

just because you were being sarcastic doesnt change the fact I am certain Brehon had discussed this with his allies before the first shot was fired.

Brehon isn't the only one in this whole war with allies on both sides, nor is NPO the only alliance GATO is treatied to on the other side.

So you're showing me '6' nations fighting, wohoo, lets look at the overall stats, you have a total of 40 active wars, of which 9 are initiated by you. In comparison, lets say Mortal Wombat, who're kinda fighting for the first time or it appears to be like that atleast have more active wars than you do. 

When was the last time you were in war where the odds were stacked against you? I want to know your definition of 'recent'. No, you've just refreshed the image of GATO when you ran away from the fight NSO got involved in. Not the GATO that fought off giants against impossible odds and lived to tell the tale and prospered, I wish that GATO comes back. Did you notice no one other than GATO is getting all the flack? not ODN, not INT, not TLR, no, only and only GATO.

Funny, the Assembly Chairman who was the cause of the NSO fiasco is now government in one of your Duckroll allies, maybe you should be worried?

Funny, the Assembly Chairman who was the cause of the NSO fiasco is now government in one of your Duckroll allies, maybe you should be worried?

It is funny but you shouldn't have said anything.

Last war we had odds stacked against us...hmm. When we went in for IAA when they defended Polar. We had all of Maroon counter us. We didn't have to take a single term though. I also don't care how much flak we get. We're in for the long haul and sustainable warfare not a flash in the pan fight like you want. Deal with it or quit. I don't care and none of my members care what any of you think about our strategy. Its working for us and your upper tiers are toast. Too bad so sad. Go cry to someone else buddy.

The most I ask of our EQ allies is to back us up on the no bandwagoning bit. We'd do the same for them. All they have to do is let their coalition know that they have to actually try the minimum amount if they want to declare on us. Not much to ask.

This is a fine sentiment, however honor went out the window among the vast majority of your coalition partners a very long time ago.  GATO themselves preemptively attacked MHA only a few wars ago, where was your honor and no-bandwagoning beliefs then?

Last war we had odds stacked against us...hmm. When we went in for IAA when they defended Polar. We had all of Maroon counter us. We didn't have to take a single term though.

You fought for roughly two weeks and were let go because there was nothing to gain by keeping you at war. Congratulations.

Ok I'll try to clarify here. When we decided to reiterate how we take bandwagoning and rogues we had declared on GOD and Invicta. DB4D and RnR had a couple of wars pop up on us a few days after we declared. RnR is tied to GOD and DB4D to Invicta. We had a few cases where a nation from an alliance hit one of ours we went to their gov and they called it a mistake and even agreed to reps. Now when Dre4m went to RnR and DB4D they said they were gov sanctioned attacks. We said fine we consider that statement your declaration of war. We posted our recognition of those declarations and the policy.

The policy says that if someone who is NOT directly tied to someone we are at war with hits one of our guys we will consider them a rogue and if the alliance refuses to cooperate then we would consider that a DoW on us in a war seperate from the EQ war. Fark and RIA have had wars on us but they ARE directly tied to people we are at war with...so our policy does not apply to them. You get that? If someone not directly allied to someone we are fighting wants to hit us they need to find a chain and post a DoW. That's fine and I'll draw up a target list for them and all alliances in the chain. We will not tolerate bandwagoning for shits and giggles. There are ways to do things with some dignity. GATO may not be perfect but I think we deserve at least this small respect.

You do know you only have the duration of the war to deal with these 'rogues' right, we don't leave people hanging during peace talks.

My theory is that GATO still has the bulk of its strength, as do their exclusive-ish allies in House Baratheon and Hooligans. Having something to deploy grants you to freedom to dictate terms of your own deployment, to an extent. By comparison, alliances already fully engaged don't have that same freedom, whether they're doing well or not.

I don't know where NPO's breaking point in the "Coalition-mates vs. Allies" matter falls. It wasn't really what I had in mind when I made the last post. With regard to House Baratheon, there's also the matter of Dark Templar's breaking point on a similar question in the form of a broader "present vs. future interests." I don't know where that point is, either. I just know that there is a point somewhere out there. Everybody has one.

I also know my own level of toleration for intra-coalition detriment: very, very low. Given SF/XX has spat in NPO's face no less than twice now, in Brehon's shoes, I'd have done a mighty fine Grub impression by now. But that's really just me and I don't need much convincing to believe that Brehon is a little more willing to suck up some slaps to the face.

Yeah so many pm nations would be a nice bargaining chip, where it not that we spied 90% of them and their warchest increases our willingness for them to come to warmode.

As for Brehon, I dont really know where you see all these slaps to the face.. but i think he realises GATO will have to take a spanking and surrender. Them being allied wont stop that. Now if it's on the subject of total decimation or massive reps, i'm sure NPO would not go along with that but I don't think anyone is looking for that from GATO anyway.

Telling your friends they are on their own is one thing. Watching them get beaten down for months by alliances they can't stand is another. That's takes alot of commitment to just stand there and offer no help.

What was the alternative? SF/XX would have sat out this war i'm sure if AI/NPO had asked us to do so, but someone had to cover C&G else NPO/AI's war would have gone a lot differently than it goes now. Not sure how frustrating that fact is. I'm sure it's frustrating to see allies on the opposite side, but that was GATO's choice not SF/XX's  

Last war we had odds stacked against us...hmm. When we went in for IAA when they defended Polar. We had all of Maroon counter us. We didn't have to take a single term though. I also don't care how much flak we get. We're in for the long haul and sustainable warfare not a flash in the pan fight like you want. Deal with it or quit. I don't care and none of my members care what any of you think about our strategy. Its working for us and your upper tiers are toast. Too bad so sad. Go cry to someone else buddy.

Say what? Last war you attacked R&R while we where already at war with MK and TLR, you had us outnumbered by about 100 nations and in every tier you had the advantage, you took House Baratheon with you in this attack and apart from maybe 2/3 weeks you had no counters on you.

So unless you want to claim that incompetence on your part made the odds against you I really don't see how you are getting that the odds were against you.

You do know you only have the duration of the war to deal with these 'rogues' right, we don't leave people hanging during peace talks.

Yeah so many pm nations would be a nice bargaining chip, where it not that we spied 90% of them and their warchest increases our willingness for them to come to warmode.

As for Brehon, I dont really know where you see all these slaps to the face.. but i think he realises GATO will have to take a spanking and surrender. Them being allied wont stop that. Now if it's on the subject of total decimation or massive reps, i'm sure NPO would not go along with that but I don't think anyone is looking for that from GATO anyway. 
What was the alternative? SF/XX would have sat out this war i'm sure if AI/NPO had asked us to do so, but someone had to cover C&G else NPO/AI's war would have gone a lot differently than it goes now. Not sure how frustrating that fact is. I'm sure it's frustrating to see allies on the opposite side, but that was GATO's choice not SF/XX's  Say what? Last war you attacked R&R while we where already at war with MK and TLR, you had us outnumbered by about 100 nations and in every tier you had the advantage, you took House Baratheon with you in this attack and apart from maybe 2/3 weeks you had no counters on you.

So unless you want to claim that incompetence on your part made the odds against you I really don't see how you are getting that the odds were against you.

100% of them now

Beaten down?  I heard GATO was beating us down.

There's a room with Nutkase's name on it in the Temple of Justice post-war, and if GATO wants to contest his membership, you're welcome to declare peacemode on Justitia's Cult to force your point.