An Announcement by the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

Dre4mwe4ver

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that the concept of reasonable adults talking out their differences instead of behaving like spoiled childs, is something totally alien to your mindset. :popcorn:

Talking out differences is me beating out a middle path between Sardonic and Roq/Natan when negotiating with Brehon in DH/NPO, or MK sitting down with members of C&G in turn after the Dave War to hear their... well complaints and grievances. There are times for talking and times for action and this would be a rather dull place if we never took action. ;)

Talking out differences is me beating out a middle path between Sardonic and Roq/Natan when negotiating with Brehon in DH/NPO, or MK sitting down with members of C&G in turn after the Dave War to hear their... well complaints and grievances. There are times for talking and times for action and this would be a rather dull place if we never took action. ;)

did you ever consider talking to, well, just about every single alliance that is currently in Eq, in order to try to fix all the bad blood you've caused? I mean talking with your allies is understandable, but I'm actually surprised you didnt behave more proactively to try to prevent this.

did you ever consider talking to, well, just about every single alliance that is currently in Eq, in order to try to fix all the bad blood you've caused? I mean talking with your allies is understandable, but I'm actually surprised you didnt behave more proactively to try to prevent this.

At some point, there is only so much you can fix. War is, by far, the best way to mend broken relations on Digiterra.

At some point, there is only so much you can fix. War is, by far, the best way to mend broken relations on Digiterra.

quite true, if people are unwilling to put forth the communication revenge seems to be the only way to fix things.

My pledges of pacifism were rejected as false. Even now they are so rejected, in spite of my loyal devotion to the cause of peace and the reflection of such in Palmettia. Alas, paranoia took root, and there was naught I could do to undo it.

quite true, if people are unwilling to put forth the communication revenge seems to be the only way to fix things.

Think of it this way: My little brother was a pest. I could try to talk things out with my little brother - which generally ammounted to nothing -  or I could beat him until I felt satisfied and no longer angry. Digiterra is a lot like that.

My pledges of pacifism were rejected as false. Even now they are so rejected, in spite of my loyal devotion to the cause of peace and the reflection of such in Palmettia. Alas, paranoia took root, and there was naught I could do to undo it.

public pledges and private conversations can be entirely different, consider what you spoke of publicly when you were talking to FOK privately, I'm wondering how much effort you put into backchannels to try to get forgiveness from those you've wronged over the years.

public pledges and private conversations can be entirely different, consider what you spoke of publicly when you were talking to FOK privately, I'm wondering how much effort you put into backchannels to try to get forgiveness from those you've wronged over the years.

I am not interested in forgiveness from the dogs of SF/XX and there was nothing for which to ask forgiveness from DR/NPO. In conversations with Brehon it was made clear that there was no issue with MK, only frustrations with Umbrella, and that was stated many months ago.

I see that the concept of reasonable adults talking out their differences instead of behaving like spoiled childs, is something totally alien to your mindset. :popcorn:

going a bit out of character.  I believe you meant this in a sarcastic way but in a seriousness I do keep forgetting there are vast age differences sometimes.  I started in the MHA and went to Fark and realized how much of an average age difference there was between the two alliances.  I have to remember that most of the players are in the very young category.  Perhaps Fark's radio silence comes partly out of this fact.

I am not interested in forgiveness from the dogs of SF/XX and there was nothing for which to ask forgiveness from DR/NPO. In conversations with Brehon it was made clear that there was no issue with MK, only frustrations with Umbrella, and that was stated many months ago.

This is true.  I have shared those frustrations about Umbrella with all that have asked about it or anyone allied to me.  I have also made it clear I have no real issues with MK.  As I stated in another thread, MK did it right and retreated from starting shit or claiming responsibility for shit started by their allies.

Edited by Brehon

This is true.  I have shared those frustrations about Umbrella with all that have asked about it or anyone allied to me.  I have also made it clear I have no real issues with MK.  As I stated in another thread, MK did it right and retreated from starting shit or claiming responsibility for shit started by their allies.

How noble of MK to shut the Hell up on the eve of a beatdown. :rolleyes:

How noble of MK to shut the Hell up on the eve of a beatdown. :rolleyes:

I was nothing less than courteous from the day DH/NPO ended, a span of time including two romps over Dos Amigos and this abortion of a war you generously call "a beatdown." I was courteous to Pacifica, IRON, Valhalla, BAPS, and Dark Templar for the duration of that period.

I am the very embodiment of nobility.

If your theory is that NPO is going to step in and throw their own coalition mates under the bus, I think you are delusional.

This is a rather interesting dynamic, isn't it? Don't you imagine it's difficult for them to watch their close friends in CNG getting "beat down" by their own coalition partners in SF/XX.

I bet the NPO just feel helpless in this situation.

This is a rather interesting dynamic, isn't it? Don't you imagine it's difficult for them to watch their close friends in CNG getting "beat down" by their own coalition partners in SF/XX.

I bet the NPO just feel helpless in this situation.

I would think someone like Brehon had told his allies once they acknowledged the path they were taking in this war that they would need to surrender just like anyone else in order to get out of this war, FOK helped out RnR a few wars back, but RnR still had to leave the war like everyone else did, I suspect this is a similar situation.

I would think someone like Brehon had told his allies once they acknowledged the path they were taking in this war that they would need to surrender just like anyone else in order to get out of this war, FOK helped out RnR a few wars back, but RnR still had to leave the war like everyone else did, I suspect this is a similar situation.

Telling your friends they are on their own is one thing. Watching them get beaten down for months by alliances they can't stand is another. That's takes alot of commitment to just stand there and offer no help.

Not many are able to do that. Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Telling your friends they are on their own is one thing. Watching them get beaten down for months by alliances they can't stand is another. That's takes alot of commitment to just stand there and offer no help.

Not many are able to do that.

The most I ask of our EQ allies is to back us up on the no bandwagoning bit. We'd do the same for them. All they have to do is let their coalition know that they have to actually try the minimum amount if they want to declare on us. Not much to ask.

Are you scared of fighting with uneven odds? really? all that chest thumping and all, well the cat's out of the bag now. 

Of course not. FFS, we are GATO. Until recently uneven odds was all we ever had. So, by all means put whoever you want on us. We'll erase their top tier too. Just make sure that if they are not directly allied to those we are at war with they post a DoW with their treaty chain to someone we are at war with. Not too hard to do. Edited by magicninja

Are you scared of fighting with uneven odds? really? all that chest thumping and all, well the cat's out of the bag now. 

You're really desperate to extrapolate something out of it.

GATO is posting to get clarification that it is FARK government sanctioned war and not just rogue attacks. One thing that I have known with dealing with GATO are that they are sticklers for procedure and process.

GATO (and the rest of CnG) are doing quite okay - better than we expected - and chugging along nicely in this war.

One thing that I have known with dealing with GATO are that they are sticklers for procedure and process.

Before I can verify this statement, I will need to run this by Congress and ask our High Court to make sure the decision doesn't supersede any portion of our charter. :p

And to reiterate what Magic said, all we are seeking is clarification. Pile on who you want that is fine; that is the nature of war.