The Predictable Unpredictable Treaty Name [Insert Here]

Salmia

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1354866246' post='3061388']
If we're going to be on the side of the aggressors....the CB better be really damn solid.
[/quote]

Why did you end up being DH's cleaning up crew in Dave then?

Oh yeah, that was a completely solid CB. My bad man, I forgot how legit the aggressors CB was in Dave.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='salsabeast1' timestamp='1354977888' post='3061758']

Oh yeah, that was a completely solid CB. My bad man, I forgot how legit the aggressors CB was in Dave.
[/quote]

Instead of complaining that everyone else has more fun than you, why don't you create your own fun? The precedent has been set; the blueprint has been handed to you. Stop complaining and take command of your own future.

-Craig

[i]edit: I signed this twice, and while it totally deserves two signatures, it also looked incredibly stupid.[/i]

Edited by Comrade Craig

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1354991422' post='3061829']

Instead of complaining that everyone else has more fun than you, why don't you create your own fun? The precedent has been set; the blueprint has been handed to you.
[/quote]

Craig is absolutely right, after the last few years there are enough precedents set to start a war whenever anyone wants, so there isn't much point in whining that one hasn't started yet, go start one.

Instead of complaining that everyone else has more fun than you, why don't you create your own fun? The precedent has been set; the blueprint has been handed to you. Stop complaining and take command of your own future.

-Craig

[/quote]

I didn't complain, I found the hypocrisy of what magic said to be hilarious. "I[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]f we're going to be on the side of the aggressors....the CB better be really damn solid." [size=4]How laughable.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by salsabeast1

-Craig

[i]edit: I signed this twice, and while it totally deserves two signatures, it also looked incredibly stupid.[/i]
[/quote]The precedent isn't exactly relevant when one doesn't believe it moral to follow said precedent.

There'll be some other reason. It'll just take way too long and nobody will care by the time it comes around.

-Craig

[/quote]

Quit complaining and let him have his fun. The blueprint is a nasty mess printed on used toilet paper, Im sure he can find his own new roll.

[quote name='salsabeast1' timestamp='1354977888' post='3061758']

[/quote]

Hey we disliked SF more than we liked good reasons back then. I think that ship has sailed. Now without any particular hate for any alliance or group of alliances well we may as well turn a new leaf and approach the next conflict logically......especially considering how muddled our treaty situation is in CnG. I figure its the only fair way to determine our place in the supposed upcoming conflict. If people on either side care about CnGs placement maybe it's something they will consider...if not well then they will do what they want regardless of our approach and it really doesn't matter does it?

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1355010669' post='3061952']
..especially considering how muddled our treaty situation is in CnG.[/quote]

There's a reason for it to look like that to those outside. CnG, as a bloc, will do what it needs to do for itself.

If people on either side care about CnGs placement maybe it's something they will consider...if not well then they will do what they want regardless of our approach and it really doesn't matter does it?[/quote]

What? That elephant in the room? Please continue ignoring it. We know who is saying what and doing what. Leave these trolls be. Give them free rein to poison whatever efforts their more sensible leaders are doing.

Hey we disliked SF more than we liked good reasons back then. I think that ship has sailed. Now without any particular hate for any alliance or group of alliances well we may as well turn a new leaf and approach the next conflict logically...[/quote]

We can all pretend nothing happened. Can't we just be friends?

If peoe on either side care about CnGs placement maybe it's something they will consider...if not well then they will do what they want regardless of our approach and it really doesn't matter does it?
[/quote]

The naivety in this post is rather amusing.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1354853672' post='3061338']
One Vision, Q, Citadel, Pandora, etc, etc, etc. Might seem nice at first, but when everyone is telling each other what to do in regards to abandoning their others allies so they can save face, it doesn't last forever.
[/quote]

C&G has outlasted all of those blocs.

Congrats to INT and IRON on this treaty. I am glad you guys could make something work. I've enjoyed talking to the few IRON reps I have had a chance to meet.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1355097594' post='3062237']
C&G has outlasted all of those blocs.
[/quote]

But the CnG spirit(friends>infra) died a long time ago and please, before you come with your poor [i]ad hominem[/i] attacks just pay attention to the members of your bloc and within your own alliance when they say that in a war they pursue victory above everything else.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1355106948' post='3062273']
But the CnG spirit(friends>infra) died a long time ago and please, before you come with your poor [i]ad hominem[/i] attacks just pay attention to the members of your bloc and within your own alliance when they say that in a war they pursue victory above everything else.
[/quote]

Whether it be protecting your allies or pursuing your own personal agenda... who doesn't try to be victorious in a war?

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1355110239' post='3062287']
Whether it be protecting your allies or pursuing your own personal agenda... who doesn't try to be victorious in a war?
[/quote]
I'd rather lose with my honor than sell out my friends for a victory.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1355111230' post='3062290']I'd rather lose with my honor than sell out my friends for a victory.[/quote]
Someone who doesn't consider your position in their actions and spitefully tries to get you rolled once it's clear that it doesn't align with theirs is not your friend.

[quote name='leongsh' timestamp='1355024673' post='3062003']
There's a reason for it to look like that to those outside. CnG, as a bloc, will do what it needs to do for itself.[/quote]
Hm, so C&G's external treaties only [i]look [/i]like a mess because those of us on the outside take every legal defense obligation literally. But you all know that ultimately they don't mean jack !@#$, because you're going to do whatever you need to do to maintain self preservation. Great plan, but I think people are starting to catch on!

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1355111493' post='3062291']
Someone who doesn't consider your position in their actions and spitefully tries to get you rolled once it's clear that it doesn't align with theirs is not your friend.
[/quote]

If you're implying what I think you are, you've either been misinformed or have been lied to.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1355111493' post='3062291']
[/quote]

That's exactly why Trotsky is not welcome on our boards anymore. What a coincidence :ehm:

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1355113399' post='3062304']
Not sure what you're alluding to here ;)
[/quote]

Look... Playing dumb is not going to help your cause, really.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1355124735' post='3062350']
Hm, so C&G's external treaties only [i]look [/i]like a mess because those of us on the outside take every legal defense obligation literally. But you all know that ultimately they don't mean jack !@#$, because you're going to do whatever you need to do to maintain self preservation. Great plan, but I think people are starting to catch on![/quote]

Just goes to show that you do not understand that CnG is an MADP bloc and what that means.

All alliances that sign treaties with CnG members are aware that CnG will put its own members first. Very simply because the CnG MADP treaty reigns supreme and overrides all other treaties each CnG member has. Any alliance that signs with a CnG member alliance which is not aware that CnG members will consider their future collectively first, has either a) not done their homework or b) chosen to ignore it.

As an MADP bloc, CnG comes to a common conclusion of what it needs to do for the sake of CnG to meet its goals as well as for its continued survival and viability, irrespective of whether it is on the winning or not. Of course, when it comes to war, CnG fights to win. We're not masochists who fight wars to lose. Fundamentally, CnG member alliances make decisions that take into account the whole bloc. We are practical and not dogmatic in our approach and decisions. Once CnG makes a decision, we are ready to live with the consequences of it. We deal with our direct allies in a positive constructive manner. Any direct ally that tries to game the treaty links to put CnG in a spot will only find themselves to blame when we decide not to back their adventure/shenanigans.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1355071670' post='3062122']

We can all pretend nothing happened. Can't we just be friends?

The naivety in this post is rather amusing.
[/quote]

Nah by all means if you feel the need to retaliate go for it. We're right here. I'm just saying we have no need to gun for anyone over on your side of the street anymore.

It's also not naivety it's just the way it is. I'm sure by the tone of your posts you absolutely want us lined up across from you when the time comes...that's fine like I said...but why should we make it easy? That's no fun.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1355106948' post='3062273']
[/quote]

Ad hominem attacks? Okay. Is this because I do not like your work and I publicly stated so? That's not an ad hominem attack. That's being honest.

What are you even talking about?

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='leongsh' timestamp='1355141566' post='3062367']
Just goes to show that you do not understand that CnG is an MADP bloc and what that means.

All alliances that sign treaties with CnG members are aware that CnG will put its own members first. Very simply because the CnG MADP treaty reigns supreme and overrides all other treaties each CnG member has. Any alliance that signs with a CnG member alliance which is not aware that CnG members will consider their future collectively first, has either a) not done their homework or b) chosen to ignore it.

As an MADP bloc, CnG comes to a common conclusion of what it needs to do for the sake of CnG to meet its goals as well as for its continued survival and viability, irrespective of whether it is on the winning or not. Of course, when it comes to war, CnG fights to win. We're not masochists who fight wars to lose. Fundamentally, CnG member alliances make decisions that take into account the whole bloc. We are practical and not dogmatic in our approach and decisions. Once CnG makes a decision, we are ready to live with the consequences of it. We deal with our direct allies in a positive constructive manner. Any direct ally that tries to game the treaty links to put CnG in a spot will only find themselves to blame when we decide not to back their adventure/shenanigans.
[/quote]

Stop using logic! Didn't you know we are war mongering cowards that will sell out our allies at even a hint of trouble?!?! We are basically the Coalition of Cowards 2.0!

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1355146190' post='3062375']
Ad hominem attacks? Okay. Is this because I do not like your work and I publicly stated so? That's not an ad hominem attack. That's being honest.

What are you even talking about?
[/quote]

I'm talking about post like these:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1354383983' post='3059069']
If D34th had actually left us. It would be a triumph for the collective IQ of the community.
[/quote]

And if you go through your posts you'll find more. ;)

And since you completely avoided what I said about CnG in the post you quoted I supposed you agree with me.