Do you see the cyberverse dividing into two distinct sides?

Sephiroth

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1349289883' post='3037054']
Right now, unless there is a direct conflict among the alliances within the vast coallition that formed the winning side the last war nothing will change.

There are 2 treaties that prevented any form of a multipolar world or at least 2 sides with even numbers: TOP and MK and NPO and TLR.

There is no way to defeat NG-DH-PF-CnG-NPO&co it is just not mathematically possible.
[/quote]

Pretty much exactly this. The TOP/MK treaty pretty much guarantees no one can put together an upper tier to take DH on straight up, and that treaty probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

EDITED TO ADD: Also, Umbrella/Argent does basically the same thing, and is even less likely to go away.

Edited by trimm

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1349291612' post='3037063']
Pretty much exactly this. The TOP/MK treaty pretty much guarantees no one can put together an upper tier to take DH on straight up, and that treaty probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

EDITED TO ADD: Also, Umbrella/Argent does basically the same thing, and is even less likely to go away.
[/quote]

I can achieve the death of the TOP-MK treaty, All I need is a spell to resurrect Gunner!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349292227' post='3037068']
I can achieve the death of the TOP-MK treaty, All I need is a spell to resurrect Gunner!
[/quote]

I hear your alliance mate Jgoods has spell tomes a lot. Just make sure to catch him before he sets himself on fire. ;)

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1349262856' post='3036990']
I would say that whilst C is not unified, there are unified groups within it, and some of its actions are as though they are unified. We can look at a largish number of them as a group that is seeking to join the winners, even if beyond that there is no formal group.
[/quote]
Group C just seems to be a blanket label for all the alliances who don't plan ahead (such as not paying attention to how many conflicting treaties they have or what their allies are up to) and let whatever circumstances come their way control their actions, rather than an actual side who takes control of thier own destiny. So basically those who aren't on a side up until the point one of their allies is demanding they honor a treaty or those who find themselves asking if they can jump into a war on an oA after the fact to avoid honoring their treaties with the losing side even when they're not needed. Sadly these types of alliances make up a good portion of CN, but I still don't really consider them to be a side until they choose what side they want to be on in the war. Calling them the slow or passive ones might be more accurate than calling them a side of their own. If they don't join the war then they can sit on the sidelines along alliances such as GPA, but I consider them to be neutral rather than an actual side.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1349291612' post='3037063']

[/quote]

It's mathematically unpossible!

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1349241173' post='3036943']
The Unjust Path consisted of MK, GOONS, Genmay and TPF. GOONS reformed after disbanding, Genmay reformed into Umbrella, TPF wanted to distance themselves from the Unjust Path after the former GOONS started using OOC information against their enemies. MK was the only one who survived without disbanding and didn't change their ways. The end of the Unjust Path occurred when several leaders of GOONS were no longer part of the game and they alienated their allies by doing some stupid stuff. TPF has distanced themselves ever since and don't seem to want anything to do with the others these days..
[/quote]There was also \m/ who disbanded and reformed and went away again.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1349594773' post='3038170']
Haha seems I have been doing it wrong, were do I sign up D34th?
[/quote]

I'm sure that should exist a resignation thread in TLR forums, you can start signing it.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1349241422' post='3036944']
The good and right side is comprised by:[list]
[*]Me
[*]Moralists (only if they are not listed bellow)
[*]Everyone who agree with me (only if they are not listed bellow)
[*]STA's allies (only if they are not listed bellow)
[/list]
The bad and wrong side is comprised by:[list]
[*]Everyone who disagree with me
[*]Raiders (Except STA)
[*]Bullies
[*]MK
[*]MK's allies
[*]Alliances who aren't allied with MK but enable them
[/list]
OBS: NpO was the leader of opposition against Unjust Path, not NPO.
[/quote]

If this was the case, S.A. would be on the Good and Right side, as we oppose Tech Raiding.

Bipolarity is actually the hardest international system to form. It requires the destruction every great power bar two. To my knowledge, this has never been the case on Bob since there are simply too many actors in our system. You can imitate a Bipolar system through treaties of alliance, and this is often what has been attempted historically. Personally, I don't want to see this as the major hallmark of Bipolarity is stability. The two sides are so evenly matched they cannot prevail over each other and so more often then not they don't make the attempt.

You also have to keep in mind the maintenance of Bipolar system requires there be two centers of gravity that dominate every other power source in there particular orbit. I seriously doubt people want that for their individual alliances. Which means any super blocs necessary for creating this on Bob will disintegrate. So no, the world is not going to divide into "two sides".

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349703137' post='3038568']
Bipolarity is actually the hardest international system to form. It requires the destruction every great power bar two. To my knowledge, this has never been the case on Bob since there are simply too many actors in our system. You can imitate a Bipolar system through treaties of alliance, and this is often what has been attempted historically. Personally, I don't want to see this as the major hallmark of Bipolarity is stability. The two sides are so evenly matched they cannot prevail over each other and so more often then not they don't make the attempt.

You also have to keep in mind the maintenance of Bipolar system requires there be two centers of gravity that dominate every other power source in there particular orbit. I seriously doubt people want that for their individual alliances. Which means any super blocs necessary for creating this on Bob will disintegrate. So no, the world is not going to divide into "two sides".
[/quote]

I wasn't there for it, but GUARD?

[quote name='MCRABT' timestamp='1350043134' post='3040568']
The new hegemony is coming and when it gets here, it's going to be all over your face.
[/quote]

gross :gag:

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1349986641' post='3040140']
I do yearn for a truly multi polar political climate. Perhaps this is the time?
[/quote]

Will it happen before or after you achieve your dream of PillowFort leading the destruction of Doomhouse? Im trying to keep my timeline clean.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1350076050' post='3040779']
There are not two sides, we live in an age of many competing power spheres. I'm surprised at how few people seem to recognize this.
[/quote]

I think the question the OP is asking is if you see all the power spheres aligning on one side or another (temporarily perhaps).