Accountability

Unknown Smurf

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1349154483' post='3036532']
You seen Charles' screenies showing people calling for everyone in CnG to drop MK over the situation. Will that happen?
[/quote]

Actually no I haven't... been busy in another world. Care to link me?

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1349156523' post='3036545']
No kidding. Mogar must have missed the part where SF made it blatantly obvious that they were doing everything they could to keep CnG and friends from ever reaching a position where they didn't need SF anymore. Ironically, that was the action that made CnG and friends decide that SF was too risky to keep around anymore. SF's own paranoia did them in.
[/quote]
In any working relationship it's the members goal to make sure they are never in a position where they are not needed anymore. I can't say I blame SF for that... But then again I'm taking lessons from the movie 'Blow'

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1349157109' post='3036547']
Actually no I haven't... been busy in another world. Care to link me?

In any working relationship it's the members goal to make sure they are never in a position where they are not needed anymore. I can't say I blame SF for that... But then again I'm taking lessons from the movie 'Blow'
[/quote]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=113173&st=440#entry3032668

Second link. I guess maybe it doesn't show people per se but you get the picture. It was a vocal minority and the idea was put down I suppose but the seeds of discontent are clearly there. It certainly doesn't mean CnG won't ride to MK's defense if they do something stupid but it may cause some people in the alliances to which they are allied to think twice. Is it POSSIBLE that MK gets left like LSF...sure I guess anything is possible. PROBABLE? lolno....unless things change between now and then but change doesn't happen that fast. IF MK does something stupid to get themselves rolled will I support them? No I won't. One good $%&@ over deserves another imo. All this said, I have no juice anymore and my voice likely holds zero weight with the people who would matter in the decision. So...meh.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349152402' post='3036512']
SF having to grovel at the feet of NPO and AI to get them to kill the big bad bully is a GLORIOUSLY funny thing.
[/quote]

Yeah cause everything is about SF.... jesus NPO could roll DH tomorrow and according to you it would be due to a long running harrassment campaign by SF to collectively waterboard Paficians with groveling till they caved in. You knew this was going to happen eventually, hell you probably even hear your own C&G members starting to raise the prospect of bailing on DH and that sure aint SF groveling to them to do it either theres just a lot of people thinking it at present. Times they are a changin.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349142217' post='3036448']
Yes, I am making fun of SF-XX, I wont deny it. 2 totally pathetic blocs IMO. No spine. No backbone. We have successfully completely neutered them to the point where they now rely on their historical enemies to deliver them. Pretend I am wrong, and pretend I am just making this up, its ok.
[/quote]

I mean, you ripped some stats up and shot our image and rep... but you, one of C&G's faces, saying another bloc has no backbone? Really? That's something special right there.

You've had some real fun posts in this thread, Rush, but I hope you don't really believe most of them. If AI or NPO or NpO or GPA or whoever roll MK, it's not because SF begged them to. Of course we would be happy about it, just like you were as giddy as a school girl when Mj rolled us in the Winter War.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349152491' post='3036513']
Is Sparta destroyed? You certainly are marginalized. If you feel as if you are destroyed, then you should leave planet Bob forver. You really are the most daft person I have ever encountered.
[/quote]Trying too hard again, rush.

Ardus commented about not wanting to destroy significant players in the treaty web, but he said nothing about wanting to marginalize them. If there is in fact a difference between those two words as you have suggested, I'm just saying that leaves a rather large opening to make a deceitful statement.

Everyone here seems to think they know what Ai is going to do before its done anything, and that is a bit absurd since we've been pretty clear our entire goal is to stick close to our allies. Ai is pretty much a continuation of Duckroll. All the constituent parts had pretty much the same Foreign Affairs paths already, and none of that changed with the merger. Just made it less complicated. Ai's presence also did not change anything either. Duckroll has the same power today that it had in July. From where I am sitting, people just failed to realize this until the moment it was staring in their faces.

*edit* spelling

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1349195068' post='3036620']
Everyone here seems to think they know what Ai is going to do before its done anything, and that is a bit absurd since we've been pretty clear our entire goal is to stick close to our allies. Ai is pretty much a continuation of Duckroll. All the constituent parts had pretty much the same Foreign Affairs paths already, and none of that changed with the merger. Just made it less complicated. Ai's presence also did not change anything either. Duckroll has the same power today that it had in July. From where I am sitting, people just failed to realize this until the moment it was staring in their faces.

*edit* spelling
[/quote]

But AI is a shining beacon of justice that will deliver the world from the fungal oppressors! Surely that is your goal. People on the OWF have stated as much, so it must be absolutely true.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1349156523' post='3036545']
You're welcome to try. We've made it quite clear that we have no desire to start a war with you. However, should you decide to start one, there will be no hiding from our wrath.
[/quote][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]Are you sure you didn't mean to say the wrath of your allies, MK on it's own has never been that scary.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2][quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349197791' post='3036634']
But AI is a shining beacon of justice that will deliver the world from the fungal oppressors! Surely that is your goal. People on the OWF have stated as much, so it must be absolutely true.
[/quote][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=2]I can say it has been my goal for several years, whether AI .gov shares that goal or not I am not sure. I will advocate a steady diet of mushrooms until the source is depleted.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Merrie Melodies

It's like the lights are on but nobody is home. I dont give a damn who has posted what. DO YOU NOT GET IT. SF having to grovel at the feet of NPO and AI to get them to kill the big bad bully is a GLORIOUSLY funny thing. .I dont know how much clearer I can be. You seriously read sentences, and you do not understand what you read,.
[/quote]

I have been missing grovelling? Really? You'd think I'd be in a unique position to notice this grovelling. I [i]demand[/i] that I receive my share of this grovelling!

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349197791' post='3036634']
[/quote]

Ah. There's another one. I have to work hard to keep up with all these goals that are being assigned to us. I can be forgetful, so I'm writing them down so I can keep track of the difference between these assigned goals and our chosen ones :)

Me keeping track of our supposed goals reminds me just a bit of Tyga figuring out his agenda back in the day :)

It's like the lights are on but nobody is home. I dont give a damn who has posted what. DO YOU NOT GET IT. SF having to grovel at the feet of NPO and AI to get them to kill the big bad bully is a GLORIOUSLY funny thing. .I dont know how much clearer I can be. You seriously read sentences, and you do not understand what you read,.
[/quote]. The point is your mentality is hilarious.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1349197791' post='3036634']
[/quote]

If Rush Sykes speaks for the people of the OWF, I guess so.

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1349200717' post='3036653']
I have been missing grovelling? Really? You'd think I'd be in a unique position to notice this grovelling. I [i]demand[/i] that I receive my share of this grovelling!

[/quote]

(Sprawls hands forward on floor.)

Please QueenHailee, make Rush stop posting!! Pleaaaaase. The paranoia is simply too strong for me to bear :[

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1349138779' post='3036416']
I do not recall saying or suggesting it was evil. I find the SF positioning in the game right now, to be patently hilarious. It is not evil, it is poetic justice that they now rely on everyone they sought to "never allow to return to power" again.... to finally bail them out of their horrid inability to outplay people in the political game. It is not evil.. it just reduces the bloc to the pathetic nook they have carved out for themselves.
[/quote]
You say that as if CnG and Doom House don't use anybody willing to be on your side regardless of who it is. Its not like MK and CnG haven't allied those who you formally considered enemies in order to try staying in a strong position, I don't see how SF trying to position themselves into a stronger position by being willing to ally old rivals is anymore pathetic than when CnG/MK have done the same.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1349222640' post='3036827']
You say that as if CnG and Doom House don't use anybody willing to be on your side regardless of who it is. Its not like MK and CnG haven't allied those who you formally considered enemies in order to try staying in a strong position, I don't see how SF trying to position themselves into a stronger position by being willing to ally old rivals is anymore pathetic than when CnG/MK have done the same.
[/quote]

It's wrong only when the other side does it.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1349144780' post='3036469']
The one you haven't sworn reconciliation with might just want to destroy you first and it's easier to do if you keep blathering about destroying/not destroying it. You guys keep on keeping on.
[/quote]
I regularly inquire as to the intentions of you and yours only to receive comforts that my belief in your hostility to the Kingdom is misplaced. Shall I return to the embassies to inform my friends that they are wrong and that you are indeed hostile? In any case, greater empires have tried and failed, Merrie.

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1349223637' post='3036834']
I know someone already mentioned it, but I thought I'd confirm: 1337 didn't retire. He's still Crown Prince (King > Crown Prince > Prince for those that don't know MK's governing structure).
[/quote]

Make him post again. I miss him :(

Now, that Ardus guy on the other hand.

[img]http://i4.ifrm.com/5982/21/emo/angry.gif[/img]Ardus[img]http://i4.ifrm.com/5982/21/emo/angry.gif[/img]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1349223519' post='3036832']
I regularly inquire as to the intentions of you and yours only to receive comforts that my belief in your hostility to the Kingdom is misplaced. Shall I return to the embassies to inform my friends that they are wrong and that you are indeed hostile? In any case, greater empires have tried and failed, Merrie.
[/quote]
I don't think there has ever been any doubt about my hostility, although I'll grant the fact that I hate everyone could cloud the subject.
I suppose you would be correct in saying greater empires have tried up to the point that one succeeds, yet if none push the issue of attempting failure is assured.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1349222640' post='3036827']
[/quote]

I have allied alliances who were once my enemy, that is for sure. There are differences though. First off, I never had any desire to keep them beat down perpetually. That was left, by and large to others. There are multitudes who did, that is for sure. However, I was not among them, so there is much less hilarity in me allying them. I will just assume, that since you were not there for Supergrievances and the conversations that were held within those hallowed halls, that you will not share the same perspective on the hilarity. But for ANYONE who was there, in #northarctic for those 18 months to 2 years.... the hilarity is incredible.

It's like the lights are on but nobody is home. I dont give a damn who has posted what. DO YOU NOT GET IT. [b]SF having to grovel at the feet of NPO and AI to get them to kill the big bad bully is a GLORIOUSLY funny thing.[/b] .I dont know how much clearer I can be. You seriously read sentences, and you do not understand what you read,.
[/quote]

While I generally have no issue with other things said, the bolded part above I am sorry is incorrect. Xiph and I talked and agreed to leave each other alone. It was a moment of respect between combatants, it was not a moment of groveling. Carry on with other arguments, but that needs to be clear.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1349154719' post='3036537']
To be fair Rush I don;t think Pacifica and AI need much convincing. It seems to be the natural progression of things and far be it from Pacifica to take a shot a champs chair one more time right? Yeah this is the way it's going to be. It's just lucky for NPO and AI and DR that we pissed off a lot of people during our stint. It's ok man. It was a good run. We have two choices. Cry like !@#$%*es the whole time saying "No it wasn't us!." or we take it like men and move on. I for one choose the second option.
[/quote]

This I have issue with, and a LOT of issue with it. I have individually directly talked with GATO, ODN, TLR and INT about my concerns. Hell I have even shared those concerns with NG, Umbrella, MK and GOONS, so what are you getting at? If we at the NPO wanted to take a shot at MK, we could have spun around and completely upset the applecart on the last war and watched it burn. We didn't, we gave our word, we kept our word.

What are you implying exactly how the NPO is lucky CnG pissed off a lot of people during your stint? Are you telling me GATO and CnG are lying to me? I had you !@#$@#$ back during that war. Care to articulate further?

He's saying you're just lucky SF conspired to have CnG attack them for two wars so you could even have their back in the first place!...Er...I don't know.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1349229097' post='3036871']
I don't think there has ever been any doubt about my hostility, although I'll grant the fact that I hate everyone could cloud the subject.
I suppose you would be correct in saying greater empires have tried up to the point that one succeeds, yet if none push the issue of attempting failure is assured.
[/quote]

Any endeavor to the task may be adjudged a failure whether it is attempted or not, for we have already won. We exist in a multipolar world full of uncertainty and intrigue, where no one man is king and all are free. If that fact appeals to you, then you may send your adulation to me either privately or publicly, whichever you prefer, and I will gladly accept them both personally and on behalf of the Kingdom.

If this state of being does not appeal to you and you instead lust to grasp the reins of the world then you may attempt to do so, but success or failure will not eliminate the depth of the victory I have achieved. The book is written. Published. Done. In the ashen aftermath of your mistaken glory you'd find enough knifes spread far and wide that you'll wonder if you ever really won or lost any control at all.

Ruling the world is boring, as you say, it can't be done because everybody turns around and comes after you. Personally, I will be happy if Ai is just not nominal moving foreword.

*edit*, well, maybe not "boring", but definitely more trouble then its worth.

Edited by Aeros